Friday, December 31, 2010

Top 10 Releases of 2010

It's officially the last day of 2010 (can you believe how fast this year has gone??) and I've been inspired by the numerous "best of 2010" posts I've seen to pick my own 10 favourite books released this year.

In no particular order of awesomeness:


OHMYMOCKINGJAY!!! This is one of my absolute favourite series EVER. I don't know what I was expecting from the last book in The Hunger Games trilogy, but Mockingjay was an emotional roller coaster and threw in a few surprises that had me wanting to haul this damn book across the ocean. I can't wait to see how the movies portray the novels. If they ruin them, well.... *readjusts bow and arrow*.





 Also one of my favourite series EVER. If you have not read the Vampire Academy series, I suggest you shimmy your backsides right on over to the bookstore or library and get fangy with it. Preferably in a non-Strigoi way. I also suggest you don't read this unless you have Last Sacrifice close by because the cliffhanger is TORTURE!
The final chapter of Rose's journey. Hands down, she is one of my favourite fictional heroines ever. Badass, sarcastic, insanely loyal, reckless. She was all that and more in Last Sacrifice, I think this was one of the funniest books in the series (with the perfect blend of drama) and also made me fall in love with Dimitri a whole lot more. Enough to rival my Adrian-filled heart!





   I absolutely loved this book! I really enjoyed the flashbacks of Nastasya's life - let's just say she's one oooooold, witty, young lady.  The Viking God (as Nastasya refers to his general hotness) is not the typical YA love interest, he too has a very long history, one that makes their budding relationship a whole bucket load of complicated. The ending disappointed me because it left me wanting moremoremore!





Our return to Gatlin was anything but peaceful, but for a Southern town priding itself on it's backward prejudice while a whole system of underground Caster's living amongst the townsfolk, you can hardly expect a smooth ride.  Even better than the first - but just for the record, the book has a powerful Cast on it. The minute you open the cover, you won't be able to put it back down.





One of my favourite series. Melissa Marr convinced me that faerie books are awesome. A dark, magical world of faery politics and hot fey love.. A fantastic addition to the series, which left me breathlessly awaiting the final conclusion in 2011

 .


I think Lauren Oliver was one of my new favourite debut author's this year. Her writing is brilliant and to imagine when I first started reading this, that I'd be crying for Sam at the end.... certainly didn't see that coming! Heartbreaking, inspiring and really makes you take a long, hard look at your own life.





 Jennifer Lynn Barnes raised the bar for wolfy novels, I feel in love with Bryn and Chase and the whole wolfy pack world Jennifer created. Witty, funny and full of furry goodness.



My first review posted here! Intense, funny, crazy awesome - if you love YA or incredibly sweet, stupidly funny, average teen boys or dark, dangerous, power-hungry villains - go read!








  I'd been eagerly awaiting this all year and it did not fail to disappoint me. Beautiful writing, stifling society, my heart ached for Ky and the cliffhanger is a sharp knock of realisation over one's head as to how far away November is for the sequel.







Narrowing down the best of 2010 was hard enough, can you imagine how difficult it will be choosing the 11 most anticipated titles of 2011? Insane! But I'll give it a go ;)

What were some of your favourite reads in 2010?

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I loved your list! Actually...you have book that are on my list too! :) We so do have the same book tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just couldn't get into IMMORTAL BELOVED... I never finished it. Maybe I'll try again sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates