Saturday, January 8, 2011

Follow Friday #2



This week's question:
What book(s) have you discovered lately from someone's blog?

Such a great question because I discovered a fantastic little gem the other day from Amaterasu Reads Waiting on Wednesday post and fell in love with it!

The Goddess Test
Author: Aimee Carter
Release date: April 19 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen

It's always been just Kate and her mom--and now her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear her mother won't live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride, and a goddess.

If she fails...


There's no official cover art yet, but The Story Siren received an ARC and this is what it looks like so far 
Gorgeous, right?!

How had I not heard of this before now?? Any YA book with even a hint of the Greek Gods or anything inspired by Greek Mythology and I bounce around in excitement while stalking Google for any information I can find about the book and the author. So you can be sure after reading the brilliant synopsis for The Goddess Test, I added Aimee on Goodreads, Twitter, Facebook, followed her blog and then gushed how I can't wait for release.

She's so nice, by the way. You should all go follow her and add The Goddess Test to your wishlists! I must sleep now, so I'll check out and comment on some Follow Friday blogs in the morning!

Goodreads: Author Profile
Twitter @Aimee_Carter
Blog: http://aimeecarter.wordpress.com/
Website: http://www.aimeecarter.com/
Facebook: Aimee Carter


To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host { Parajunkee.com } and any one else you want to follow on the list
  2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - not today.
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
  5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!  
  8. If your new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Follow Friday! I'm your newest follower!

    Really looking forward to your future posts :)

    Be sure to check out my blog if you get a chance:
    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-book-blog-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only heard of the Goddess Test through YA litchat~~ It's still pretty early for most of the news to hit the blogs yet heh~~

    New Follower~~

    Sniffly Kitty
    Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Follow Friday! I am a new follower and I LOVE your banner!!!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m a little red in the face to confess that Riddle of Berlin, a book the author Cym Lowell gave me for guest blogging for him while he was on vacation is still on my TBR pile! This year I’ll read it. I meant it!

    Thank God It’s Follow Friday!

    Howard A. Sherman

    ReplyDelete
  6. My answer (from FF)-- My current read: Amber Frost, I found at Bitten by Books
    I am hopping by from Follow Friday. I’m following you and would love it if you follow me back! Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha aww, Brodie. Your excitement is pretty cute. :) I found this book a while ago through the DAC. It was one of the books that actually interested me, so I'm planning on reading it for the challenge. :)

    Kristina @ Frazzled Book Nommer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi, found you thru the hop and im a new follower!

    mine is Nightshade by Andrea Cremer.

    iamjenai
    http://bookinglyyours.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates