Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Starcrossed

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement :)

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Release Date: 31 May 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen


In Starcrossed, which brings Greek tragedy to high school, a shy Nantucket teenager named Helen Hamilton attempts to kill the most attractive boy on the island, Lucas Delos, in front of her entire class. The incident proves more than a bit inconvenient for Helen, who's already concerned that she's going insane--whenever she's sees Lucas (or any of his family members) the image of three crying women appear to her.

The murder attempt does have an upside though, as it ultimately leads to Helen's revelation that she and the local heartthrob are, in fact, playing out some version of a weighty ancient love affair. (Said female apparitions are, in fact, the Three Fates.) So Helen, like her namesake, Helen of Troy isn't going crazy, she's destined to start a Trojan War-like battle by being with Lucas. This then begs the unfortunate question: should she be with the boy she loves even if it means endangering the rest of the world?

The second book in the trilogy, Persephone's Garden, follows Helen's journey to the Underworld, and the third book, Ilium, chronicles the final battle between mortals and the gods. 

WANT. NEED. NOW!! I have been lusting over this book for months. Ever since I first heard of the announcement that it sold to Harper Collins, I have stalked every inch of Google for any new info I could find. I have been eagerly awaiting the "Greek Mythology" craze to start hitting the YA scene and with books like Starcrossed along with The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter, Abandon by Meg Cabot and Everneath by Brodi Ashton coming along this year and next, I think it could be big. I hope it is! 

Now how in the name of Zeus can I get my hands on an early copy??

3 comments:

  1. Starcrossed looks GORGEOUS! I added it to my TBR list on Goodreads after seeing your post! Absolutely brilliant cover!

    Miss Remmers Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude I've cover lusted over this one as well. 4srs. I absolutely CANNOT wait for this book! ><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the shout out! I am excited for the mythology craze as well. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates