Thursday, February 3, 2011

Book Casting: The Hunger Games

Unless you've been living in a hazy state of delusional reality lately (tracker jacker bites can be a b*tch!), then you're well aware that one of the greatest series ever (of course I'm talking about THE HUNGER GAMES) is being made into a movie. Thankfully we don't have to wait too long for release - March 23 2012 - which will nicely ease the devestation of the Harry Potter movie's coming to an end.



Scripts have been sent out and auditions are/will be in progress very soon. There are a number of potential "Katniss'" who have been rumoured to be auditioning. Some have confirmed scripts, others are in talks or else just rumoured around the internet:

Kaya Scodelario
Chloe Moretz
Malese Jow
Jodelle Ferland
Lyndsy Fonseca
Jennifer Lawrence
Haille Steinfeld
Alyson Stoner
Emma Roberts

As for me, I'm particularly fond of Lyndsy Fornseca for Katniss. She has the script and will be auditioning. I've seen her in a few episodes of Nikita and I think she'd be great. I just finished re-reading Mockingjay and seeing these pictures totally made me think of Katniss in District 13 (with their grey attire).





Here's a great fanmade video journeying Katniss and Peeta's struggles throughout the series. If you've read all the books, the scenes they represent will more than likely make sense to you, as the second part of the video has a lot from Mockingjay. They've used Alex Pettyfer for Peeta (I know, I know, that boy is everywhere!) and Lyndsy Fonseca for Katniss (she totally fits the part!)



I really don't know who I want for Peeta. I can't find the perfect actor... maybe an unknown? Sure, Alex looks pretty good as Peeta in the vid above, but it's very unlikely he will be cast since he already has a bunch of  YA movies under his belt and possible upcoming roles (Mortal Instruments or The Last Apprentice).

There are no confirmed scripts in potential-Peeta hands as far as I am aware of, but some guys have expressed their interest in taking on the role, including:


Lachlan Buchanan
Chandler Massey
Rhys Wakefield
Liam Hemsworth


How about you guys? Any favourites for Katniss? Peeta? Haymitch? Effie? Prim? The rest of the cast? Are you as freaking excited as I am for the movie?!

7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't mind seeing RHys or Liam a few Australians be in a film this big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I am so beyond excited! I really, really, really hope they don't mess the movie up. I'm a big Kaya Scodelario fan, and I think she'd make a great Katniss. As for Peeta, I don't know. I do hope we end up with some good Peeta eye candy, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous Katniss she would be! Never heard of her before, but now I am a fan:)

    Thank YOU for sharing your enthusiasm about DELIRIUM in my comments. Comments like yours make me really happy:)I hope you get your copy tomorrow!Tell me how you liked it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Braiden - I think it would be awesome to have some Australian's in this! But I can't really see Liam or Rhys as Peeta. Maaybe Rhys.. but Liam is so not my boy with the bread LOL.

    @Lilly Bear - If they mess it up, I'll make sure I have my bow and arrow handy in the cinema! Whooosh. Straight through the screen *game face on* I think Kaya would be great too - whoever gets the role, I hope she pulls it off. And yes.... I want a boy who can act the part. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want him to be cute too hehe.

    @Miss Page-Turner Glad I made a new Lyndsy-as-Katniss fan! :D Aw, you're welcome! Your review was awesome, you made me even more excited. I will definitely let you know how I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not familiar with this actress, but she certainly looks the part of Katniss! I must admit I'm really hoping that Kaya Scodelario gets the part. I loved her on Skins and I think she would be perfect as Katniss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work keep it coming, best blog on earth

    generic paxil

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Jennifer Lawrence is the best Katniss even if she is who is playing katniss and Josh hutcherson as peeta i love the cast its perfect

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates