Friday, February 18, 2011

Follow Friday & Book Blogger Hop

Both Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday are weekly features where their respective hosts post a fun question for other readers to answer on their blogs. Then everyone goes blog hopping around the blogosphere to make new friends and discover new blogs. So don't be a Lonely Lucy, hop on over to Friendly Fernando's blog and share your love of reading together!


Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy For Books 

This week's question:
What book(s) would you like to see turned into a movie?"

Ooh! Well, I'm really excited for The Hunger Games movie, which is coming out next year. That is going to be amazing, especially since Suzanne Collins wrote the script, so I'm confident it will remain faithful to the book. Also, Vampire Academy series has movie rights sold and Divergent is in negotiations. They would make amazing movies. Divergent would be incredible on screen. I'd also love to see Anna and the French Kiss (my review will be posted next week), but at the same time, I don't know if the sheer emotional brilliance of that book could translate to screen. I hate it when movies butcher books. 

Ooh! I'm also looking forward to when Beautiful Creatures and Shiver, both have movie rights sold. Okay, I think I'd like  to see every book I loved in movie form. Yet when it actually happens, I complain because it's not as good as the book aka Harry Potter. Although Deathly Hallows part 1 did live up to most of my expectations! So-freaking-excited for part 2!






 Follow Friday is hosted by Rachel at Parajunkee's View

This week's question:

If you are a fan of Science Fiction, what is your favorite book? If you haven't read Science Fiction before... any inkling to? Anything catch your eye?


Definitely have to go with Across The Universe by Beth Revis and Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund.  I loved both novels and while I'm not certain that there will be a sequel to Academy 7, I'm eagerly looking forward to reading future books in both series. Across The Universe is set in the future on a massive, inhabited spaceship that's been travelling for a couple hundred years to reach another planet and Academy 7 is an inter-galactic novel set at the most prestigious school in the galaxy.


20 comments:

  1. Hopping! I've yet to post my FF for today. But still! Wait... there's a sequel to Academy 7? Why didn't I know this? LOL.

    Happy Friday, Brodie! *waves*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree about Across the Universe, haven't read it but planning to! New follower!^^

    Here's my FF and Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read Across the Universe! Good pick!

    I'm a new follower. Happy Friday!

    http://www.loganeturner.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any but I really want to read Across the Universe.


    My FF and Blog Hops

    ReplyDelete
  5. here's minehttp://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-book-blog-follow-friday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Across the Universe is overwhelming popular today! It has really shot up my TBR list today. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. I'm not a big sci fi person, but Academy 7 sounds like something I'd really like.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also can't wait for The Hunger Games movies. I keep reading great things about Anna and the French Kiss, so I'm going to have to read that soon!

    Somer @ A Bird's Eye Review

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just Hopped through.
    Hi, Brodie! I'm your newest follower. Have a great weekend! Visit my blog if you have time.

    Kero
    http://kerosbookblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel the exact same way when it comes to books-turning-into-movies. I want them all to turn into movies! lol at least the my favourites but most of them would turn bad :(

    I'm on the same page with you on the Harry Potter movies. I honestly was surprised on the last movie Part I. It makes me hope that the Part II will also stick with the book.

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first blog hop and your suggestions seem to be very popular with other bloggers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to see The Marble Faun made into a film. Come see why. Happy Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping through - I'm now following you (:

    I didn't know Vampore Academy is going to be turned into a movie - that's cool!

    Check out my posts for Follow Friday and Book Blogger Hop at http://www.paperbacktreasures.blogspot.com

    Hannah (Paperback Treasures)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm worried about this seinfeld business with Hunger Games, She's not nearly world weary looking enough for Katniss in my eyes.
    TheDiaryofaBookworm.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it when YA become movies. Sometimes though, I wish they would give it a little time. Haha. I want to see anything by Sarah Dessen made into a movie.

    I didn't take part in the hop this week, but be sure to check out my giveaway-it's open internationally--> http://unautrehistoire.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-very-first-give-away.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Academy 7! I haven't heard of that one... I'll have to check it out!
    I just finished reading Across the Universe and loved, loved, loved it. I'll post a review of it soon, I'm sure.

    I didn't know that Beautiful Creatures had sold movie rights. That's awesome! It is hard to say which books I'll hope to see made into movies, as they tend to get snapped up by Hollywood so quickly!
    Hey, you know what would make a great movie... Jenna & Jonah's Fauxmance. I'd love to see that as a film.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lot of people have been talking about The Hunger Games movie... which I can't wait for!

    Hopping through... Also your newest follower!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just hoppin' through - I am now a follower :)
    http://paranormalopinion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the blog hop. Stop by for my answer and for a Book Blog Giveaway.

    ...28 blogs participating blogs.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/

    Blog hosted by Judith of http://leeswammes.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates