Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday: Sequels Edition

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)


Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry #3)
Author: Simone Elkeles
Release Date: May 24th 2011

Luis Fuentes is a good boy who doesn't live with the angst that his big brothers, Alex and Carlos, have always lived with. Luis is smart, funny, and has big dreams of becoming an astronaut. But when he falls for the wrong girl, Luis enters a dark world he's never known, and just when he thinks he's got life all figured out, learns some disturbing news about his family that destroys his positive outlook on life. Will that Fuentes bad boy streak come out with a vengeance and lure Luis to live on the edge like his new girlfriend and his own father?
Continuing all the steamy romance of the first two books, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Simone Elkeles gives fans one more satisfying taste of the irresistible Fuentes boys.



Jessica Rules The Dark Side (Jessica #2)
Author: Beth Fantaskey
Release Date: January 9th 2012

When Jessica Packwood found out she was a Romanian vampire princess, she had the shock of her teenage life. Turns out that was the easy part. Now, married to Prince Lucius Vladescu, she has to claim her throne and convince a vampire nation she’s fit to be their queen. But Jess can’t even order a decent meal from her castle’s Romanian staff, let alone deal with devious undead subjects who would love to see her fail.

And when Lucius is accused of murdering a vampire Elder and imprisoned without the blood he needs, Jessica finds herself alone, fighting for both their survivals.

Desperate to clear her husband’s name and win his release, Jess enlists the help of her best friend Mindy Stankowicz and Lucius’s mysterious Italian cousin, Raniero Lovatu. But both of them are keeping some dark secrets. Can Jess figure out who to trust – and how to rise to power – before she loses everything, including the vampire she loves?

Full of romance, mystery, and danger, the highly anticipated sequel to Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side shows that sometimes a princess has to earn her “happily ever after” – with a sharpened stake in hand.



Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2)
Author: Andrea Cremer
Release Date: July 26 2011

This thrilling sequel to the much-talked-about Nightshade begins just where it ended.Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemy, and she's certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer,one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack and the man she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive




Shift (Shade #2)
Author: Jeri Smith-Ready
Release Date: May 3rd 2011

Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to. Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift.
As Aura’s search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets…and her heart.


I loved the first (or the in Chain Reaction's cause, the first two) books that began each of the series above and eagerly awaiting (okay, IMPATIENTLY AWAITING) these books to come out! These are only a small handful of the amazing sequels I'm waging war to have released early - what are you waiting on?

13 comments:

  1. I can't wait for Wolfsbane too , great picks this week and I love the cover of Shift

    This Week's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for recommending the Jessica series, it looks so good!

    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think 9 out of 10 times the books I'm most eager for are from series!

    I didn't know 'Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side' had a sequel announced! I really enjoyed the first book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brodie! Awesome WoW picks! I'd give a limb or two just to read Chain Reaction in advance! The Perfect Chemistry series is like my guilty pleasure. And oh! Wolfsbane too and Shift! I didn't realize they're releasing soon.

    My Waiting on Wednesday picks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited about Shift and Wolfsbane cannot wait to get back into both those worlds again as I loved the first two books in those series. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh! Wolfsbane, I want this right now! AND Chain Reaction! I love Simone's series and I can't wait to get my hands on more! Great picks!

    Check out my WOW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just say, "Squeeeeee!" for the sequel to "Jessica's Guide?" I loved the book (although I thought it was mis-titled), and I'm delighted that we'll all get to go back into that world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices!! I have been wanting to read them one too! Thank you for sharing!

    My WoW

    Moonlight Gleam

    ReplyDelete
  9. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/waiting-on-wednesday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited for Wolfbane and Shift!
    Thank you for sharing.
    I'm a new follower.

    Here's my WOW:
    http://mysteriousrose.blogspot.com/2011/02/waiting-on-wednesday-1-this-side-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot tell you how much I CANNOT WAIT for Chain Reaction! Love Love Love Simone Elkeles!! Great pick!

    <3 Happy Reading

    P.S. I see you are currently reading Darkest Mercy - - jealous!!!

    P.S.S. I'm hosting a little giveaway if you wanted to check it out: http://patriciasparticularity.blogspot.com/2011/02/now-on-facebook-small-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't know there was going to be a sequel to the Jessica vampire book - thanks for the head's-up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Romanian vampire princess?? Now Im shocked. Haven't read Book 1! Is that a spoiler? :) Great picks! I like Wolfsbane's cover!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates