Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

My first WoW this week, because it's gorgeous and the cover was revealed minutes ago...

Author: Kimberly Derting
Release Date: November 15 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
A romantic fantasy set in a dystopic, war-torn world, in which a teenage girl realizes that she may be the key to saving her country.



Author: Robinson Wells
Release Date: October 1st 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
GOODREADS

Benson Fisher is a foster kid from the slums of Pittsburgh, who, trying to leave his old life behind, gets a scholarship to a private high school in the mountains of New Mexico. However, once he gets there, he realizes that the school is definitely not what he was expecting: it’s surrounded by razor-wire fences and tall brick walls, and the students inside are essentially prisoners–they have no contact with the outside world. There are no adults, either, and the other students are just like him–kids from the fringes of society who no one will miss. Well, almost all of the kids are like him.






Author: Jennifer Brown
Release Date: May 10th 2011
Publisher: Little, Brown


When Alex falls for the charming new boy at school, Cole, a handsome, funny, sports star who adores her, she can't believe she's finally found her soul mate-someone who truly understands her and loves her for who she really is.

At first, Alex is blissfully happy. Sure, Cole seems a little jealous of her relationship with her best friends, Zack and Bethany, but what guy would want his girlfriend spending all of her time with another boy? But as the months pass, Alex can no longer ignore Cole's small put-downs, pinches, or increasingly violent threats. As Alex struggles to come to terms with the sweet boyfriend she fell in love with and the boyfriend whose "love" she no longer recognizes, she is forced to choose - between her "true love" and herself.

What are you waiting on?

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for these, I hadn't heard of the first two before, so I just added them to my goodreads to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for The Pledge! It's going to be epic because Kimberly is epic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pledgeeeeeeeeeeee! I so spazzed when I saw the cover a while ago. That is so gorgeous, Brodie! *points to book cover* And its dystopian! Hoorah! With Kim Derting's great writing, I am so excited to read the book! You have awesome tastes in books (like me! LOL) Great picks this week!

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday picks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just added The Pledge to my TBR..love the cover

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's too bad there isn't more information about The Pledge available yet, you can't make much of those two lines. I do love the cover though. I came across Variant on another blog as well and I must admit, I find the story very intriguing. I'm sort of thinking they'll use them for a scientific experiments, and they'll have to escape or die while trying. But that's my take on it :P Great choices!

    Take a look at my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bitter End isn't my usual fare, but it sounds so good! I need to start Kimberley Derting's series. Great picks!

    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. The all looks really good, but I must say that The Pledge is probably my favorite of the three. I love the cover and it sounds extremely good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Pledge cover is amazing! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found out about The Pledge this morning, and added it to my reading list. Great picks!!

    Happy Wednesday!
    http://readerbee.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-4-gathering.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. would love to read the Pledge, cover looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to get my hands on Pledge so bad! I've seen it everywhere today, and the fact that there's no real blurb is so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look like some great books.

    My Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates