Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)


Author: Jon Skovron
Release Date: August 2011
Publisher: Amulet Books
Add it: Goodreads

What if people told you your whole life that you were evil? How would you prove them wrong? Keep your head down, follow the rules, blend in? Jael Thompson would like to do that, but since her mother was a demon, that’s a little hard. Especially after her sixteenth birthday, when her father gives her a present that unlocks her powers and brings her face to face with her past and her parentage. Can she rise above her demonic nature and protect her loved ones from the forces of Hell? Or are some kids just born to cause trouble?




Author: Carrie Jones
Release Date: September 5 2011
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Add it: Goodreads
Aimee and Alan have unusual pasts and secrets they prefer to keep hidden. Aimee's deceased mother struggled with mental illness and hallucinations, and Aimee thinks it could be hereditary. After all, she sees a shadowy river man where there isn't one. And then there was that time she and her best friend Courtney tried to conjure a spirit with a Ouija board ...Alan is Courtney's cousin. His family moved to Maine when Courtney's father went missing. It's not just Alan's dark good looks that make him attractive. He is also totally in touch with a kind of spiritual mysticism from his Native American heritage. And it's not long before Aimee has broken up with her boyfriend ...But it's not Aimee or Alan who is truly haunted - it's Courtney. In a desperate plea to find her father, Courtney invites a demonic presence into her life. Together, Aimee and Alan must exorcise the ghost, before it devours Courtney - and everything around her.

Okay, I seriously cannot wait to get my hands on a copy of Misfit. What can I say? I'm a sucker for the heaven vs. hell, good vs. evil. Demonic goodness :D

Following the demonic trend - After Obsession sounds equally fantastic! I haven't read the "Need" series by Carrie Jones yet, are they any good?

What are you waiting on?

18 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of Carrie Jones' books too so I don't really know if its good. A lot of people says they are though. Oh and wow, MISFIT sounds seriously awesome! I want a copy now! Haha. As always, great WoW picks, Brodie!

    Here's my WoW picks for the week

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I haven't heard of MISFIT but I'm definitely going to have to check it out - thanks for letting me know about it ;)

    Check out my WOW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's about time I read a book by Carrie Jones :-)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both these sound awesome Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! Misfit sounds great!

    Here's my WoW: http://crackaspinebookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-4-scorpia-rising.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my God! Misfit will be published by Amulet?? *excited* I love the cover of After Obsession! I've only read one book of Carrie... "Need." It was good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Carrie Jones! I'm looking forward to reading both of these. :)

    Here's mine!
    http://readerbee.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-5-where-she-went.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Misfit sounds like it could be good.
    Definitely going to get After Obsession - not a fan of the Need series but I love Carrie Jones's other books.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing picks this week! : ) I'll be checking out Misfit for sure and After Obsession is already on my list. Thank you! : ) I'm having a giveaway on my blog and my WoW can be found here:
    http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Misfit has an awesome cover. It's not the kind of thing I usually read, but I'd consider it based on that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picks! I love the cover for Misfit.

    My WoW http://whatsonthebookshelf-jen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that After Obsession cover- SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't heard of either of these, thanks for sharing!

    my Waiting on Wednesday:
    http://bookgeekcentral.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Obsession sounds great, love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, Misfit sounds really, really wonderful! And I personally didn't care for Carrie's Need series at all. I could barely finish reading the first book, truth be told. I have heard some really good things about it from other readers, though, so you might enjoy it more than I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there, I love your choices for your WoW. This is my first week doing this and if you'd like to see my choice, hop on over to my blog...

    http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/

    I just started following your blog too (omigosh I heart your header) and it would be super awesome if you took the time to stop by mine and do the same! Thanks! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great choices. I'll have to add it to my TBR list

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow...both striking covers in their inclusion and lack of included elements. My first time hearing about either of these titles...will definitely have to look into them a bit more. First impression...sound good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates