Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)


Author: Anya Parrish
Release Date: September 8 2011
Publisher: Flux
Add it: Goodreads
There was a time when I prayed for Rachel to be real. Until the night I learned she'd always planned to kill me.

When Dani was eight, she fell from a building. No one believed her claim that she was pushed by Rachel . . . her imaginary friend. It took years of therapy to convince Dani that Rachel wasn't real.

Now fifteen, Dani wants to make it as a dancer. But a deadly freak accident sends Dani a terrifying message: Rachel is back, she's real, and she'll stop at nothing to kill Dani.

Complicating matters is Jesse, the school bad boy who's being stalked by his own invisible childhood nemesis. Dani and Jesse join forces to learn why their astral tormenters are back. Their investigation leads to a horrifying discovery—and the terrible experiment that binds them to each other



Author: Lili Wilkinson
Release Date: May 2011
Publisher: Allen and Unwin
Add it: Goodreads
Bee is in her element volunteering in the taxidermy department at the Museum-but her summer job turns out to be full of surprises including: A dead body in the Red Rotunda. A mysterious Museum benefactor. A large stuffed tiger in the catacombs. A handsome boy with a fascination for unusual animal mating habits. And a pocket full of glass eyes. Can Bee sift through the clues and discover if her colleague committed suicide or if there's a murderer in their midst?


Damage: First off, how cool are those claw marks across the cover? That's what first drew me into this book. Then I read the amazing synopsis and wow, I can't wait to get my hands on this. Imaginary friends gone rogue! Thankfully I never had any while growing up, I have no doubt after a few weeks stuck talking to only me they'd develop a murderous streak too.

A Pocketful of Eyes: Again, another cool cover. I haven't read any of Lili's previous books - although I do have a copy of Pink around here somewhere - but this one definitely sounds like something I'd be interested in. And I need me a good whodunnit, let's solve-the-mystery YA book!

What are you waiting on?

21 comments:

  1. I love the cover of Damage! It looks scary.

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these books sound really great! I don't think I have either one on my TBR list. I will have to add them! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Damage sounds amazing! And what a cover! I'm getting shivers just thinking about a real, vicious imaginary friend. Brr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh! I've never heard of 'Damage' before but it certainly sounds interesting!

    xox Nat
    bookbabblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking whether I'd include Damage in my WoW picks, but hey, you did! Bzzt! Great minds think alike! :D

    Aww, A Pocketful of Eyes sounds so good. But they're only releasing it in Australia? Too bad. Love your picks, Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of Damage before, and I love this cover! Adding to my wishlist!

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday pick for this week!
    Jess @ Gone with the Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I'm a new follower.
    This looks interesting...just added it to my TBR list.
    Have a great week :)
    Caroline @ Bon Bons and Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damage sounds great!! In a dark way. :) But we'll have to wait for its release date to grab a copy..because of..you know. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. This is the first time I've seen Damage. It looks and sounds amazing. I've seen A Pocketful of Eyes before. Sounds pretty good.

    Cass @ Words on Paper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo... Damage sounds quite creepy! Suddenly I am relieved that I never had any imaginary friends. Thanks for introducing me to both of these books. :)

    My WoW pick this week is Lola and the Boy Next Door

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damage is definitely one I have on my wish list. Greta pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Damage definitely sounds like an interesting read - nothing better than imaginary frieds who go bad. :)

    Check out my WOW here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Damage sounds really creepy.
    Putting A Pocketful of Eyes on my wishlist - never heard of it before.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the cover of Damage is so cool I would really like to read it.
    Thank you for sharing.

    My WOW:
    Mysteriousbooks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Damaged sounds AWESOME! As does A Pocketful of Eyes! Man, I love murders, in books that is :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the cover of Damage. Looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. both have great covers and look very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They both sound great, really unique. Good picks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree about the Damage cover. Very interesting! Sounds unique.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, the 'Damage' cover completely reminds me of X23 (Wolverine's clone in the X-Men comics) for some reason. Not just the claw marks ;) Love the concept, I'll be keeping an eye out for it. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Damage is quite the eye catcher! That one looks like an interesting concept. Hmmm..might have to look out for it too

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates