Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)


Author: M.J Hearle 
Release Date: June 1st 2011
Publisher: Pac Macmillan Australia
Add it: Goodreads 

Blake Duchamp...

He's all that Winter Adams can think of. Ever since their fateful meeting at Pilgrim's Lament. Ever since he looked at her with those emerald eyes. Ever since he saved her life.

But Blake isn't all that he seems. There is a strangeness about him, something dark and otherworldly. Something dangerous. In his attic is a secret he would kill to defend, but Winter seems to have a special ability to make him forget his duty. And he is her only protection against the gathering darkness.

The only problem is, to protect Winter, Blake must risk exposing her to an even greater danger. Himself.


Author: Susan Goldsmith
Release Date: June 15th 2011
Publisher: Twilight Times Books
Add it: Goodreads

What if you knew you were about to be torn from your body and replaced by an imposter in a seamless switch forever separating you and the one you love? Would you do whatever it took to stay? Even if YOU happened to be the imposter?

Abithica must borrow all that she is from others: names, lives, even bodies. When she switches into the troubled life of Sydney Turner, she breaks the rule that has sustained her, the one thing in her control—never get attached. Lane Riley has no idea he’s fallen for Abithica, wearing Sydney Turner’s body and that a future with her is impossible. Desperate to stay with him, Abithica uncovers the mystery of what she is, only to learn she’s a pawn in a battle over souls, and that she’s probably one of the “bad guys.” What will happen if she refuses to leave Sydney’s body?

Winter's Shadow: I had this planned for this weeks Wow before I picked up the mail today... and what was waiting for me? A copy of this! I'm very excited to read it, not only is the cover just gorgeous but the plot sounds intriguing too. Plus, Aussie author!

Abithica: What can I say about this one? Wow. The plot sounds incredible. I definitely haven't read anything like this before. I'm so intrigued to see how the author pulls it off and the fact that it already has the 'doomed love' vibe - my kinda book :)

19 comments:

  1. Girl, you're so lucky you got a copy of this! I haven't heard of it though. But I'm pretty sure you want it! I have Abithica! :) Great Wow Picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the winter's shadow cover!! off to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen these ones before, but I'll have to check them out!

    That's What Liz Read

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah, that Winter's Shadow cover is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of Abithica!I want it!
    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure about Winter's Shadow but Abithica certainly looks interesting!

    New follower :)

    You can find mine here: http://comacalm.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-amy-holder.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh I like the sound of both of these - they are going on my wishlist!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This week full of new covers for me.
    I'd love to check the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your picks are new titles for me and I am loving the sound of both. Definitely putting these on my wish list

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh, Abithica's plot DOES sound amazing :) Great picks this week, I've got new books to add to my wishlist! :)

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope when you get them, they will be everything you hope them to be. Check out what I am Waiting On Wednesday for.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful picks!! Winter's Shadow sounds awesome! Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Winter's Shadow sounds great, I hadn't heard of it before! Thanks for sharing :D.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow -- Winter's Shadow looks beautiful! I love that cover! Abithica is a fascinating premise! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hadn't heard of Winter's Shadow before, but it definitely looks good. That cover is amazing too.

    Great picks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Abithica seems like a weird name for a character but the plot sounds fantastic! Looking forward to your review of Winter's Shadow!
    You always find the best books Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I agree. Abithica sounds awesome! I hadn't heard about it until now, so thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Re: Winter's Shadow: LOVE. The. COVER. *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  19. They both sound interesting! And I love both covers (but especially Abithica!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates