Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)


Author: Susan Beth Pfeffer
Release Date: September 12 2011
Publisher: Harcourt Children's Books
Add it: Goodreads

Willa is lucky: She has a loving blended family that gets along. Not all families are so fortunate. But when a bloody crime takes place hundreds of miles away, it has an explosive effect on Willa’s peaceful life. The estranged father she hardly remembers has murdered his new wife and children, and is headed east toward Willa and her mother.

Under police protection, Willa discovers that her mother has harbored secrets that are threatening to boil over. Has everything Willa believed about herself been a lie? As Willa sets out to untangle the mysteries of her past, she keeps her own secret—one that has the potential to tear her family apart.



Author: Lisa T. Bergren
Release Date: June 1st 2011
Publisher: David C. Cook
Add it: Goodreads
Mom touched my underdress—a gown made six hundred years before—and her eyes widened as she rubbed the raw silk between thumb and forefinger. She turned and touched Lia’s gown. “Where did you get these clothes?”              

Gabi knows she’s left her heart in the fourteenth century and she persuades Lia to help her to return, even though they know doing so will risk their very lives. When they arrive, weeks have passed and all of Siena longs to celebrate the heroines who turned the tide in the battle against Florence—while the Florentines will go to great lengths to see them dead. But Marcello patiently awaits, and Gabi must decide if she’s willing to leave her family behind for good in order to give her heart to him forever.


Blood Wounds: I loved Susan's other YA novel - Life as We Knew It (although I still need to read the following two books in the series), so as soon as I saw her name attached to this, I knew I had to read it. Plus it sounds really good - a grisly, suspenseful novel that doesn't seem to have a trace of paranormal. Nice change of pace!

Cascade: If you saw my review for the first book in the River of Time series, Waterfall, then you know I absolutely loved it. So naturally I'm salivating for book two! I'm so excited to see what will happen next for the time-travelling Betarrini sisters!

What are you waiting on?

14 comments:

  1. Blood Wounds looks interesting. I don't understand Cascade's summary, though... I think I'm missing something here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! Both sound really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cascade looks interesting. I hope that when you get these books, they will be everything you hope them to be. Wanna see what I am Waiting on Wednesday for? Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the cover for The River of Time was amazing, but the cover for the sequel looks even better. I really have to read this series!

    Take a look at my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blood Wounds sounds like a fabulous thriller and I am adding it to my wish list. Not familiar with The River of Time series, but am not intrigued enough to check it out. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh, great picks! I haven't heard of the first one, but it's going on my list. :) I really want to read Waterfall! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Blood Wounds sounds like a great read - will have to put it on my wishlist. Haven't heard of the other book will have to check out the first in the series.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks!! I'll definitely add Blood Wounds on my tbr list. It sounds so intense! ;)

    Check out my picks for my WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for Blood Wounds either! Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're salivating Brodie? How sexy ;) Even sexier than when I spoke French last week LOL

    I'm really excited to read Blood Wounds! I need a break from paranormal books and it sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. good choices, Blood Wounds sounds great,come by and see mine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blood Wounds sounds really creepy, but very good. The cover sort of scares me though :P.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh I would totally check out Blood Wounds. I've always wanted to read her series, but I'd like to read this one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm excited for Blood Wounds too! :) As for Cascade, me wants the first book of the series! XD I'm missing out on the historical pleasure. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates