Friday, May 20, 2011

Book Blogger Hop and TGIF

TGIF is hosted by the wonderful GReads!

What was the first book you reviewed on your blog?
Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride. I LOVED THIS BOOK! If you haven't read it already, you must do so soon. It was absolutely fantastic and I don't think I could have picked a better book to use as my first review on the blog. A brilliant combination of funny and creepy with such an awesome cast of characters and way cool supernatural elements. It totally sold me on necromancer books! It's a MUST READ!


Book Blogger Hope is hosted by the awesome Crazy-For-Books!
If you were given the chance to spend one day in a fictional world (from a book), which book would it be from and what would that place be?

Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts! I better stop before I'm tempted to burst into the whole school song. Really, this question required no thought. There is no fictional place I have so longed to visit for the past ten years other than the world of Harry Potter. To study at Hogwarts with the moving staircases and the ghosts, the portrait of Sir. Cadogan gallantly following me up to the Divination tower, the feasts in the Great Hall, Gryffindor common room (although I'd totally be put in Hufflepuff), attending classes! And that's just ONE location. I'd go absolutely nuts in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, the Ministry of Magic would be super cool to take at a tour of (I'd probably be arrested for trying to sneak into the Department of Mysteries), THE BURROW! I want to live there on the school holidays. And I'd just have to put a jinx on myself so I could visit St. Mungo's. I'm ridiculously fascinated by all the magical ailments the patients are suffering from.

I'm going to go sit in a corner and cry over the fact that I can't make it there. Maybe if I can get to London some day and disappear through platform 9 3/4? A girl can dream. Sigh.

What about you guys?

16 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I wouldn't mind being sick, if I could go to St. Mungos!! But if I had to choose one place from the whole of the Wizarding world, I'd go with Hogsmeade! Actually, the Burrow would be pretty awesome too! Great choice!

    Here's mine: http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/05/book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've met anyone who wouldn't jump into the Harry Potter in a second if offered! I'm definitely one of them but I chose the splinter worlds in Diana Wynne Jones' Crestomanci series. (check it out at http://kfmurphy.blogspot.com/)

    New follower, I adore your banner by the way, it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower here. First off, love your blog theme. That header is too pretty! Second, great choice for your pick. I contemplated Hogwarts but decided on something a little more relaxing. :) Have a great weekend.

    Marla @ Starting the Next Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Mortal Instruments girl, so Idris is my idea of a homeworld. Hogwartz would freak me out quite frankly. http://rhiannonpaille.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hold Me Closer, Necromancer has been on my tbr pile for so long but haven't found the time to read it. I've heard nothing but good things about that book so I think I'd definitely read it soon. Btw, I'd choose Hogwarts too if I'm to pick more than one! Thanks for dropping by our blog!!

    Dea
    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took a peak at your review for Hold Me Closer, Necromancer and I think I definitely have to add it to my TBR pile. Your love for it really shined through.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry! I got pages confused! I would love to visit the world of Harry Potter, I'd want to do a grand tour and hit everything in my one day. Though I think it be awesome in Hex Hall to meet all paranormal beings - shifters, faeries, witches, etc..
    Here's my Hop and Follow post! ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower! Your blog is gorgeous.

    I chose Harry Potter, too, specifically Diagon Alley.

    http://gabrielreads.blogspot.com/2011/05/book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been meaning to pick up Hold Me Closer, Necromancer!!! My first review on my blog was Choker by Elizabeth Woods! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love necromancer books! I'll have to read Hold Me Closer, Necromancer. It sounds good!

    Oh, and good choice on Harry Potter; I think you'd have to be crazy not to want to live in that world for a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I picked Hogwarts too. How could I not? I'd definitely be up for playing a couple of games of Quidditch, and running around the grounds in the invisibility cloak!

    Have a great weekend!
    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’ve seen a lot of great picks and gathered some fresh titles to add to my ever-growing TBR list. My answer will probably stun most people because the world I picked is a place most people would be scared to death of and try to escape from. Me? I want in.

    Hop on over to my blog and be prepared for the unexpected – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah I know Hogwarts would be like the greatest place ever! I want a pet owl to bring me my mail and ride a Hippogriff and drink butterbeer and get a wand. It's an amazing world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun header you have.....love it.

    Another Hogwarts choice. I never did get into Harry Potter...sorry fans.


    Stopping by from the Blog Hop.

    I would want to be in Louise Penny's fictional city of Three Pines.

    Stop by my blog if you like.

    Elizabeth

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hogwarts, great choice. Griffindor gets all the attention, but I bet the Hufflepuff Common room is pretty sweet, too. The Hufflepuffians are just so uniformly nice, how could it not be? For some reason I picture it being full of beanbags or other super comfy chairs like that. I think Rowling said the Hufflepuff area has round doors, just like a Hobbit dwelling.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates