Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #15

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)


Author: Alison Stewart 
Release Date: August 1st 2011  
Publisher: Penguin Australia
Add it: Goodreads

I want to go back to the days when life made sense. The days before our parents became strange; before the warming ate away at all the living things in the world; before The Committee and their Blacktroopers. Before the Wall.

Lily is a prisoner in her own home. Forced to stay inside by The Committee and guarded by their increasingly distant parents, Lily and her brother Daniel are beginning to ask why. Then, when Daniel disappears just before his seventeenth birthday, Lily knows she is next.

She has to escape.

But who else is out there?

And can anyone survive days like this?


Author: Courtney King Walker
Release Date: October 19th 2011
Publisher: Lands Atlantic Publishing
Add it: Goodreads

Claire is struggling to overcome the murder of her childhood friend and secret crush, Daniel. Everyone else seems to be moving on with their lives, but she's still trying to cope. The fact that she finds herself alone and drowning on her 16th birthday isn't helping.

Neither is thinking she sees Daniel's face in murky water as she mysteriously resurfaces. But something happened during those four and a half minutes that will make her realize it was not just her imagination.

As Claire and Daniel try to grasp a possible reconnection, other grudge-holding beings have plans of their own. Now, the two of them have to decide if their fleeting relationship is worth the possibility of Claire being trapped on the fringe forever.

Beautifully told, On the Fringe intertwines fresh ideas about devotion, revenge, and the consequences that come with life and death.


Days Like This: Two words: Australian dystopian!  With all the amazing new books coming out within the dystopian trend lately, it's so cool to see one set in my own country. The plot itself is enough to suck me in, add to that a local setting and I'm pumped for August!

On The Fringe: I love books that deal with ghosts and the afterlife - add to that a thrilling mystery and heartwrenching romance and we have a sure fire winner. The plot sounds so intriguing and I love the cover, very excited for this book! 

What are you waiting on?

14 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Days Like This but it sounds interesting; I added it :]
    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both sound good! I'm not a *huge* Dystopian fan, but I love reading about them. The 2nd book sounds good, and I love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DYSTOPIAN! AUSTRALIA! It sounds flipping fantastic already! And I really like when the main characters of a book are siblings so I think I'm ganna enjoy this one.

    The cover for On The Fringe is beautiful and interesting. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Days Like This looks pretty interesting! Sounds like my kind of read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHA!!!!!! I just had Days Like This featured on my blog as a WoW pick too. Ahhh, great minds think alike :) Totally looking forward to reading Aussie YA dystopian. Great pick! :)

    Here are my WoW picks this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these sound amazing. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. On This Fringe sounds good .. I hadn't heard of these two books until now so thanks =) !!
    Grreat picks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the Fringe has a fantabulous cover!!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/05/www-3-and-waiting-on-wednesday-may-4th.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had never heard of On the Fringe but I am adding it to my TBR list RIGHT NOW! Wow. That book sounds amazing :-) Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh awesome! I haven't heard of Days like This before, but it sounds pretty great!! It's going on my list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Days Like This sounds dark and action-packed - added it to my tbr list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Days Like This looks great, and I need books for the YA Aussie Reading Challenge! Never heard of On The Fringe until now, but the cover is so eerie and intriguing. Great picks, and thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just added both books to my TBR pile! I LOVE being introduced to new books :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hadn't heard of either of these books, but I'll definitely have to add them to my wish list! Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates