Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #16

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)


Author: Christine Seifert
Release Date: September 1st 2011
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Add it: Goodreads

Daphne is the new girl in town and is having trouble fitting in. At least she has Jesse... sort of. He wants to be more than "just friends," but there's something he's not telling her about his past. Something dangerous. When a female student is brutally attacked, police turn to PROFILE, a new program that can predict a student's capacity for drug use, pregnancy, and violent behavior, to solve the case. As the witch hunt ensues, Daphne is forced to question her feelings for Jesse–and what she will do if her first love turns out to be a killer.



Author: Loretta Ellsworth
Release Date: September 27 2011
Publisher: Walker Books
Add it: Goodreads

Baxter Green isn’t like everyone else. While most people would forget about the little details of everyday life, Baxter never forgets—not pain, not hurt, not embarrassment. In fact, Baxter never forgets anything—not even a string of account numbers, flashed before his eyes by his mother’s criminal boyfriend, Dink, for use in a credit card scam. Years after his testimony has locked Dink away, Baxter and his mother are in a new town, trying to forget the danger Dink brought into their lives. Baxter wants to hide his unique ability, but it becomes increasingly more difficult when he reconnects with Hallie, a girl from his childhood who has lived on in his memory long after she has forgotten him. Can Baxter win Hallie’s heart? Loretta Ellsworth’s newest novel is one readers will never forget.

The Predicteds: I think the tagline on the cover says it all: "What if your boyfriend was destined to commit murder?" That's what first drew me in and then reading the synopsis, I'm 100% intrigued. A program that can predict how likely a person is to commit murder? Get pregnant? Take drugs? I'm already seriously questioning this PROFILE thing. Can't wait to see how that story plays out!

Unforgettable: This sounds really great. I'd love the ability to remember every single thing that happened in my life rather than just have a foggy recollection of moments from years past, but to remember it all - including all that stuff that you'd rather forget - in high definition viewing in your mind? Yeah, it could have it's drawbacks. I'm really looking forward to reading this and seeing how the relationship between Baxter and Hallie develops.

What are you waiting on?

10 comments:

  1. Great choices Brodie! Might need to pick them up.

    I haven't stopped by in a while. Just showing some love :)

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices, I love the cover of the Predicteds.

    I am a new follower.

    My WoW for this week is here :)
    http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, The Predicteds sounds really awesome! That tagline just makes me want to grab the book and read it on the spot!

    I'm a bit weirded out by the cover of Unforgettable but I have the book on my wishlist, definitely a must-read. It's the reverse version of Forgotten :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow both of these sound awesome and are new titles for me. I love finding great new books like these thanks for putting them both on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I haven't heard of either of these books - fantastic! :D I'll definitely be looking into them!

    Check out my WOW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover of The Predicteds is interesting. I am looking forward to it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! I haven't heard of either of these before. They are defintiely going on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great covers, they sound like good reads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unforgettable sounds neat – I wonder if the author based it on those case studies of people who actually could remember every single thing? Like you say, it definitely would have its drawbacks...I'd imagine it would be extremely draining!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of the Predicteds before. Thanks for the heads up, I'm adding it to me goodreads to-read pile now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates