Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #17

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)


Author: Sarah Beth Durst
Release Date: September 13th 2011
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Add it: Goodreads

Pearl is a sixteen-year-old vampire . . . fond of blood, allergic to sunlight, and mostly evil . . . until the night a sparkly unicorn stabs her through the heart with his horn. Oops.

Her family thinks she was attacked by a vampire hunter (because, obviously, unicorns don't exist), and they're shocked she survived. They're even more shocked when Pearl discovers she can now withstand the sun. But they quickly find a way to make use of her new talent. The Vampire King of New England has chosen Pearl's family to host his feast. If Pearl enrolls in high school, she can make lots of human friends and lure them to the King's feast—as the entrÉes.

The only problem? Pearl's starting to feel the twinges of a conscience. How can she serve up her new friends—especially the cute guy who makes her fangs ache—to be slaughtered? Then again, she's definitely dead if she lets down her family. What's a sunlight-loving vamp to do?


Author: Claudia Gray
Release Date: September 13th 2011
Publisher: Harper Collins
Add it: Goodreads

It's about a servant girl named Tess in 1912, who wants to escape from the house where she works, and most particularly the lecherous young lord of the manor. But that's not her biggest problem. While on a voyage to America, where she plans to escape and start a new life, she meets Alec, who's ruggedly handsome, fabulously wealthy, intelligent and yet so clearly troubled that she'd rather not fall for him, but she does. That also is not her biggest problem. Alec, it turns out, is a werewolf ... one cursed to change every night, unless and until he surrenders his independence and joins the Brotherhood, a pack of violently misogynistic werewolves who have been tracking him for months. You'd think that would be their biggest problem, wouldn't you?

But no. Their biggest problem -- though they don't know it yet -- is that they're aboard the RMS Titanic.

Drink, Slay, Love: This one sounds fun! I think I was sold when it mentioned 'sparkly unicorn'. I haven't read any of Sarah's other novels, but this one is definitely on my 'must-read' list! 

Fateful: TITANIC. WEREWOLVES. Enough said! I went through a ridiculously obsessive stage with the movie Titanic when I was young because I was doing some major crushing (understatement: it was love. True love.) with Leonardio DiCaprio. I still find him dreamy from his Titanic days. Anyway, that sparked me doing practically every school assignment I was able to on the Titanic, so I'm really, really excited to read this. Combining two things I'm fascinated with. Although given the tragic end to Titanic, it does make me a little worried for the characters!

What are you waiting on?

16 comments:

  1. Haha I don't think I ever really payed attention to the unicorn line! I love the cover too.
    And OMG, I never heard of Fateful, it sounds so awesome! Werewolves on the Titanic...my mind's spinning at the though lol

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Squeaks* I don't care for vampires much, but I love, love, LOVE Sarah Beth Durst, so I will give her a chance with her new series, esp. since it also has a unicorn. And the concept of gaining a soul reminds me of Angel, and I'm such a Buffy fan. :)

    Oh, you should read her other books, esp. ICE!!

    And SQUEALS IN YOUR EAR!!!!!! I never heard of ONCE UPON A TIME! I want to see this, too. TV, what are you going to do to me? I watch so little tv... but WANTS!!

    Do you watch the Australian show DANCE ACADEMY? I've been watching it online b/c people said to watch if you like MAKE IT OR BREAK IT, and I've been waiting for the second season to start. Not sure why your seasons have a one year gap, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fateful!!! I love the cover. It is a bit similar to the So Shelly cover though. But hey, I'm liking werewolf novels nowadays (Shiver, Raised by Wolves)Hold on. There is a unicorn in Drink, Slay, Love?? WHere? WHere??

    ReplyDelete
  4. These books sound wonderful! definitely added to my TBR pile ;)

    My WoW is here :) http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything about Drink Slay Love sounds perfect, especially, you know, the unicorn part :D Sounds very entertaining and different. Love how snarky the summary is, hope the book is like that too.
    Great WoW picks!

    My WoW post can be found here: http://www.bittenbooks.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html
    Kaity - Bitten Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really looking forward to Drink Slay Love :D

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drink Slay Love sound intersting and Fateful has so components that could make it either a good read or a a not so good read with everything that seems to be thrown in. Good Picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these sounds amazing. I had heard of Drink Slay Love before, but not Fateful. Off to add it to my ever growing list of books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome picks!! Those both sound fabulous!!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/05/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks this week, they are both interesting.
    What am I waiting for this Wednesday? I'm really looking forward to this super awesome sequel!

    -Mocha from A Cupcake and A Latte: YA Reads, Reviews & More!.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so excited to read Drink Slay Love, what a fantastic sounding premise! I hadn't heard of Fateful, sounds awesome. Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait for Claudia Gray's Fateful. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read two other books by Sarah Beth Durst and they were both good so I am looking forward to this new one as well. Fateful was my WoW pick as well!
    NC
    Truly Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both look great! Thanks for sharing!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/05/www-5-and-waiting-on-wednesday-may-17th.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAHAHAHA! This obviously isn't in regards to 2012 reads but I HAD THE SAME OBSESSION with Titanic! I swear, my best friend and I would watch it every sleepover (at least once a week) and I wanted to do every school project on it! hahahah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates