Saturday, June 18, 2011

In My Mailbox #6

In My Mailbox is a weekly feature hosted by the wonderful The Story Siren where we get to drool with one another over the awesome books that came in the post this week.


- Starting Spellbound now due to Lisa @ Read Me, Bookmark Me, Love Me wooing me over, so if I don't like it, it's her fault. Play Dead was a surprise in the mail, never heard of it before, but it involves zombies and a high school football team. And a hot author. There's a colour photo of the guy who wrote it, Ryan Brown, on the back of the book... not bad eye-candy ;) Apparently he's an actor too.

Harry, A History by Melissa Anelli
Tales of the Greek Heroes by Roger Green
-Got these both at Dirt Cheap Books. Really looking foward to reading Harry, A History! I read the forward note by J.K Rowling and had to laugh - apparently one fan letter she received had "DON'T KILL HAGRID. DON'T KILL HAGRID." repeated hundreds of times over ten sides of A4 paper. Dedication to Hagger, me like.

Those That Wake by Jesse Karp
- Contest win from the awesomely awesome Kai @ Amaterasu Reads! Thank you! <3


Update:
I couldn't resist. I went and snagged this off S&S GalleyGrab!
Fury by Elizabeth Miles

What's in your mailbox this week?

12 comments:

  1. Geez Brodie! Not my fault! If you don't like it I'm pleading insanity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you like Spellbound. Not sure whether I'll have a go or not. Has mixed reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spellbound's aussie cover is cute! I think I like it better. :) And whoa really? Play Dead's author is hot? Hmm..need to see that one in Goodreads. ;) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that cover version of Spellbound. I liked it, but it's slower paced then my usually reads.

    Hope you enjoy :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I love your Spellbound cover a lot more than ours...gorgeous!

    I read Harry, A History awhile back - I LOVED IT. Definitely a great book to read for people that grew up obsessed with the books as they were being released.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I really want Spellbound, I love the cover! It's gorgeous! Great haul this week!

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. I can't wait to read Spellbound and Fury.
    New Twitter follower. Old GFC follower.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great mailbox! They all look great! I LOVED Fury :)
    Check out what's In My Mailbox

    Mia @ Gripped into Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I love that cover of Spellbound! And LOL at the Hagrid thing - that person must truly have been a Hagrid fan :P. I got Fury too! It looks awesome, right? Happy reading, Brodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished Spellbound and loved it! I hope you do too. Love the Aussie cover!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates