Thursday, June 16, 2011

This Week's Gossip #6

Hoggy Warty Hogwarts...

If you haven't already seen the buzz surrounding this announcement today, there was a scavenger hunt amongst the big Harry Potter fansites to uncover J.K Rowling's newest venture: www.pottermore.com   - EEEE! Cryptic! More info coming soon, many are guessing it could have something to do with the the Harry Potter Encyclopedia she's been working on or perhaps it's a MMORPG (Massively multiplayer online role-playing game) See, POTTER Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Experience = Pottermore. I've participated in written Harry Potter RPG's, but never the extensive, interactive video game kind and omg if it's true, how freaking awesome would that be?! Can't wait to find out what Pottermore is all about! You can follow the official twitter account here: @pottermore

Also, we're getting the official international theatrical trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II tomorrow (unless it leaks early). Naturally I'll be posting it here once it's up! Keep your eyes peeled, Potterholics.



DREAM DARK: A BEAUTIFUL CREATURES STORY is a never-before-seen short story, created as a prequel to BEAUTIFUL CHAOS, the hugely anticipated third book in the series, which goes on sale October 13.  The e-book is set to release on August 2 for $1.99, and will be available for download across all digital platforms.

This all-new story focuses on the fan-favorite character Link who undergoes a heart-racing transformation.  Wounded during a climactic battle, Link slowly realizes that being bitten by a Supernatural does more than break the skin—it can change a person, inside and out, turning him into a creature more and more like the dark creature who injured him.  As a special bonus, DREAM DARK will include an exclusive sneak peek at the first five chapters of BEAUTIFUL CHAOS.


Tease me, tempt me...

Veronica Roth has revealed the title of Divergen't sequel: INSURGENT. Check out the list of definitions she gave on her blog that give us a hint on what to expect. I'm giddy with excitement to see what's in store for Tris next!

Want to read the prologue for THE SCORPIO RACES by Maggie Stiefvater? Of course you do - killer horses!

The first chapter of ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD by Kendare Blake has gone viral. READ IT. How awesome was that?! And that's just the first chapter! 

Lisa Bergren has tweeted fans a small teaser from TORRENT, the last book in the River of Time trilogy.
He hesitated, as if wrestling with the desire to cross the space between us and kiss me until I admitted I was just a tiny bit in love with him too. But he didn't. He didn't.
I am so, so, so excited to read this! I absolutely love this series, it's amazing. But I don't want it all to end just yet!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, so many wonderful tidbits! I just added several books to my Wishlist thanks to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm having a fangirl overload! So many snippets of books I can't wait to read... and Pottermore! My cousin and I (we're both hopeless gaming and Potter nerds) were just talking yesterday about how cool a Hogwarts-based MMORPG would be! Thanks for all the heads-up and links-- you are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pottermore! Wooo! And I adore the Dreaming Awake cover. Don't be a stranger; stop by my blog and say hi sometime.

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I understand what all the fuss is about! (Thank you for that!) And I'm sooo excited for this! And really curious. I once read that Rowling wanted to make a prequel or something. No idea if it's true or if it's still happening xD But still. I'm just happy that she's not ditching HP completely! Insert happy fangirl moment here :') And the dreaming awake cover's beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to all three books! :) Especially Dream Dark! Now if I can just convince someone to buy it for me...

    Love Born Wicked! Looks very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for this Pottermore thing. I just want to know what it is! Also, Anna Dressed in Blood is going to be AWESOME. That first chapter was pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so hoping it's a MMOPRG. I would actually become addicted. So excited to find out what it is! And The Scorpio Races is amazing - I hadn't read Maggie Stiefvater's previous series, but I may have to now! And yay for Insurgent! So psyched :). Plus the cover for Born Wicked is so pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhh! A Hogwarts game would be so totally awesome!! I'm excited just thinking about it. The streetview thing they're posted on twitter shows (so far) the letter M. Maybe MORPG will follow!

    Omg I just had a thought. The Youtube countdown is in 6 days, 6 letters in mmorpg, one revealed every day--*insert me nodding head enthusiastically*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates