Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #18

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: Cate Tiernan
Release Date: September 5th 2011
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Add it: Goodreads
Nastasya has lived for hundreds of years, but for some reason, life never seems to get any better. She left her spoiled, rich girl life to find peace at River's Edge, a safe haven for wayward immortals. There, she learned to embrace River's Edge, despite some drama involving the sexy Reyn, who she wants but won't allow herself to have. But just as she's getting comfortable, her family's ties to dark magick force her to leave.

She falls back into her old, hard partying ways, but will her decision lead her into the hands of a dark immortal? Or will it be her first step to embracing the darkness within her?


Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Release Date: January 2nd 2012
Publisher: Poppy
Add it: Goodreads
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18B. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.

Darkness Falls (Immortal Beloved #2): Hmm, the cover art doesn't really give a "Young Adult" vibe, does it? I don't know why, but it feels more like an adult book to me. Anyway, I absolutely loved the first book, Immortal Beloved and have been eagerly awaiting the sequel! I'm so excited to see what's next for Natasya (who, by the way, is awesome) and to see how the relationship between her and Reyn will unfold. Let's just say, they've shared an intense past together.

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight: BRITISH BOY. Oh, right. And the story sounds awesome too. I love that the entire book is set over a 24 hour period, I'm so curious to see how that author pulls it off. This sounds like such a sweet contemporary read!

What are you waiting on?

13 comments:

  1. These look so good! I might need to pick them up also when they come out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Join me and the countless other people who envies anyone who got a copy The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight and has read it already. I'd give a piece of my soul for that book! A british boy! I mean who can resist one, right? The accent is enough to make you swoon! Great picks, Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the Immortal Beloved series yet, but I enjoyed Kate Tiernan's Sweep series,so I'll have to check it out.

    New follower :)

    Have a great day!

    Barbara @ Black, White and Read All Over
    http://www.readerbarbara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll probably read The Statistical Probability, mostly because I'm really curious about how the author is going to set up something that's not super cheesy insta-love in the span of 24 hours. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the premise of Darkness Falls, never heard of it though. But I would read it. There is nothing I want at the moment, I have so much to read that I'm behind and haven't thought about any other books lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first sounds great! I hadn't heard of it, though I used to consume her SWEEP series like my life depended on it. I'll have to keep an eye out for it!

    As for the second, SQUEE! WANT! NOW! I really hope I end up loving it as much as I imagine I will. It would suck otherwise. :P

    And yes, Saggies ftw! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the sound of The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight! First, because there is a British person, and I am British, and so immediately love this. Also I think it's so fun to see how authors portray their British characters :P. Second, the story just sounds awesome. Reminds me of Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist which was also set over 24 hours. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting choices, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome picks! The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight looks FANTASTIC. But January??? Whyyyy?

    -Andie :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these books look really good! I love the cover Darkness Falls!

    New follower :)

    Kristina
    http://ladybugstorytime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard great things about the Immortal Beloved series. I have to say that I'm loving the cover of Darkness Falls!

    Thanks for sharing with us.

    This Week’s WoW: Blood Rights

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates