Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #19

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: Aimee Carter
Release Date: April 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Add it: Goodreads
Kate Winters has won immortality.

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry’s first wife, Persephone.



Author: Rosemary Clement-Moore
Release Date:July 7th 2011
Publisher: Corgi Childrens
Add it: Goodreads
Amy Goodnight's family is far from normal. She comes from a line of witches, but tries her best to stay far outside the family business. Her summer gig? Ranch-sitting for her aunt with her wacky but beautiful sister. Only the Goodnight Ranch is even less normal than it normally is. Bodies are being discovered, a ghost is on the prowl, and everywhere she turns, the hot neighbor cowboy is in her face.


Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test #2): Okay, so I loved The Goddess Test. And now the sequel promises Titans? Tartarus? Persphone? Um, does this sound awesome or what?! So excited to see how it all plays out!

Texas Gothic: Again, I don't need to say much here. Witches. Ghosts. Hot cowboy. Yeehaw! Is that not a ridiculously delicious combination?

What are you waiting on?

20 comments:

  1. Idk how I feel about the Goddess Interrupted cover. It seems a little mediocre, but I'm excited for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices!

    It is nice to see a fellow Aussie participating in the weekly memes ;)

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I definitely need to read The Goddess Test. Requesting it from my library now.

    Also, I am definitely on board with hot cowboys. Sign me up!

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can't wait to get to the first Goddess. It's sadly sitting there on my TBR pile. I keep hearing awesome things about it!

    New follower!

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spazzed when I first saw a snapshot of the cover for Goddess Interrupted at BEA. I loved it~ And hey, are we still camping out of Aimee's house to get G.I.? :D

    Oh and Texas Gothic's cover looks so gorgeous. I love the girl's lips and eyes!

    Check out my WoW picks here

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these sound like great reads. Putting them on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had The Goddess Test on my TBR list for a long time because the title sounded fun, but a few pages in and I sort of lost the motivation to read! Maybe I should give it another shot, because the cover for the sequel looks amazing haha and it'd be a waste not to read it :P

    My WoW

    Felicia @ A Novel Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Great picks! Goddess Interrupted is the one I'm really looking forward to. From afar the cover looks great but when I clicked it just now...I realized The Goddess Test cover is better. The colors seem too pale for me?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Should be getting the Texas Gothic book soon. Can't wait to read it - looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am dying to get my hands on Goddess Interrupted. Persphone?! I am curious to see how that plays out. Awesome pick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot wait for Goddess Interrupted. It feels like forever. Also i like the cover so hope they keeps. Really great pick. APRIL is too far away :(.

    Here my WoW

    Amy@adumbrations (new follower)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goddess Interrupted sounds amazing. Texas Gothic is a solid pick. I'm a new follower. Please check out my post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh Goddess Interrupted sounds so good! I think the summary changed because I'm way more excited than when I first read it lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Weeeeeee, great picks! I'm so pumped for Goddess Interrupted. NEED.MORE.HENRY! As for Texas Gothic, it all sounds fab but I was completely sold at the sight of 'cowboy.' Adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YES! I can't wait for Texas Gothic. And not just because I'm from TX. LOL

    Great choices.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still haven't read The Goddess Test yet (I will get round to it eventually! :P) but I love the cover of Goddess Interrupted! It's so pretty :). Texas Gothic sounds awesome too - great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still haven't read The Goddess Test... Texas Gothic is on my TBR. I agree. The perfect combination of awesome!

    My WoW: http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/06/www-8-and-waiting-on-wednesday-june.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still need to read the Goddess Test! I'm loving the cover for Goddess Interrupted. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wonder why they still have the Cover Not Final on the Goddess Interrupted--didn't they reveal it at BEA? So why wouldn't it be final?

    I liked the Goddess Test and lent it to my friend so TGI is definitely on my to-read list. I hadn't heard of Texas Gothic, though. Sounds interesting. Witch and a cowboy. Will add it to my Goodreads pile now :D. Thanks for sharing!!
    -Christina Reads YA

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates