Monday, July 18, 2011

In My Mailbox #9

In My Mailbox is a weekly feature hosted by the wonderful The Story Siren where we get to drool with one another over the awesome books that came in the post this week.


White Crow by Marcus Sedgwick
The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Margaret Matson
Blood Song by Rhiannon Hart
The Liar Society by Lisa & Laura Roecker (Thank you, Julia, for this and the lovely bracelet + bookmarks!! <3)

Oh and this morning I went and got myself Harry's wand plus two sheets of postcards and a poster from the Ultimate Collection thing they have going here in Australia. I did not wave his wand around with glee and start shooting spells. I didn't! (Heheee Wingardium Leviosa!)

So, about these books? Erm.... LOVE!!! <3 With the exception of The Goddess Test (since I've already read it), I'm insanely excited to start all of these!

I've had a break with reading/reviewing these past two or so weeks and while it's been nice - a refresher - I am hungry to get stuck into a juicy story. I have some serious reading to do. I've a couple of books I need to finish before I start on these bad boys, so I best hop to it!

What did you get this week?

13 comments:

  1. Love that Aussie cover of the Goddess Test! Blood Song looks great, too, though I was not a fan of the Liar Society at all. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those look good! I enjoyed Amy & Roger, and I've heard good things about Liar Society. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome books. I'm getting THE GODDESS TEST from the publisher soon. OMG YOU GOT SHATTER ME?!?! Jealous. But no matter since I already preordered myself a hardback copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess Rhiannon didn’t send me Blood Song because I’m going to her book launch in Sept....but I’m still sad :( Very, very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. UGH I AM SO JEALOUS OF SHATTER ME! I wish we lived closer together so I could come steal it from you. Ahem, I meant borrow. Of course. :D

    Also, isn't the Aussie cover of Goddess Test the same as The Vespertine cover? The dress is maybe a different color, but I'm pretty sure the picture is the same. Huh.

    Great mailbox this week! I have Amy and Roger's Epic Detour and I can't wait to read it as I've heard really good things about it. I have a such a long TBR list though. Need more time!

    :) Andie
    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  7. ZEEEP! Shatter Me!!! I read it & loved it & it's one of my new favorites!! We'll have to chat about it when you're done reading it!!! EEEP! i hope you like it!! Adam is sexy as eff!! <3

    okay...bye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i had a reading break too recently and it was very refreshing.

    i read Blood Song last week and so insanely loved it :D i think you will really like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cover of The Goddess Test is preeettty! I like it. And I've been wanting to read The Liar Game for ages! Nice haul, Brodie, happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should definitely request DAYS LIKE THIS to T at Penguin! I'm sure she'd be glad to send you a copy. I'm so jealous of the LIAR swag. And SHATTER ME! I can't believe you haven't torn through the copy yet. If it was me... :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Goddess Test is awesome! Can't wait for the release for Shatter Me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. SHATTER ME! I've heard such awesome things about that - I hope you like it!

    I've also wanted to read Amy & Roger's Epic Detour for a while (Liar Society, too).

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY! I'm SO glad you got your package! :) I hope you enjoy The Liar Society! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates