Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #20

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: Syrie James and Ryan James
Release Date: January 24 2012
Publisher: Harper Teen
Add it: Goodreads
Syrie joined forces with her talented son Ryan to co-write her next novel, Forbidden. The book is about a 16-year-old girl who comes into unusual powers, only to discover that she's half-angel... and her entire existence is forbidden.

Alec MacKenzie is fed up with his duties to watch and, when necessary, eliminate the descendants of his angelic forefathers. He chose Emerson Academy as the ideal hiding place where he could escape and be normal for once. He hadn't factored Claire Brennan into his plans...

Their love is forbidden, going against everything Alec has been taught to believe. But when the threat to Claire's life becomes clear, how far will Alec go to protect her?

Author: Kimberly Frost
Release Date: January 3rd 2012
Publisher: Berkley
Add it: Goodreads
They should never have met.

In a glittering community in the Colorado Rockies called the Etherlin, the descendants of the ancient muses live behind a wall that separates them from the world and the dangerous creatures who crave them.

Alissa North is inspiration made flesh, so she should never have met Merrick, a deadly half-vampire enforcer, but when they do meet, the connection is instantaneous, and an illicit flirtation is born. He sends her secret gifts. She writes him secret letters.

The long-distance friendship was never supposed to go any farther. But when she is kidnapped and thrown briefly into his world, everything changes. Now Alissa realizes he’s the only person she can trust, and Merrick finds he’ll do anything to protect her, even risk his life by crossing the wall.

As both worlds close in on them, Alissa knows that getting caught with Merrick could cost her everything she’s ever cared about, but giving him up proves harder than she ever imagined…

Forbidden: I love seeing family members pair up and write novels, so I'm curious to see how this one panned out. Forbidden love? Oh synopsis, you know how to tempt me. Factor in the angel element and I am absolutely hooked!

All That Bleeds: Descendants of the Muses, half-vampire enforcers, starcrossed lovers.... you can't resist, you know you can't. The combination of half-vampires and Etherlin's in one novel is fascinating!

What are you waiting on?

19 comments:

  1. Forbidden sounds great! I, too, love when family members pair up to write books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The covers for both of these novels are so pretty! I haven't heard of the second novel until now but it sounds interesting as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I have added both to my TBR pile.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brodie!! Good picks! I have Forbidden in my wishlist but this is the first time that I've heard of All That Bleeds! Descendants of the Muses? Want! Starcrossed lovers?? Need!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these sound awesome. Not familiar with either author, but definitely interested in reading both of these. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Forbidden sounds fantastic! I hadn't heard of that one before, so thanks a lot for sharing. :)

    Carina
    (My WoW)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's very interesting how the author of Forbidden is teaming up with her son to write.

    Great picks!!

    Paranormal Wastelands WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great choices. Marking them on my goodreads. Thanks :)

    All that Bleeds especially sounds like a good one. Love the title!

    ♥ Trish
    Just a YA Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these sound so good!

    I still love the whole starcrossed lovers aspect so Forbidden should be good (especially since it's co-written).

    All That Bleeds just seems like a huge bundle of awesome. Hadn't heard of it before now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks! I hadn't heard of either of these, but they are both going to have to go on my list!
    Feel free to check out my pick over at <a href="http://www.fuzzycoffeebooks.com>Fuzzy.Coffee.Books</a>!
    Now following!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  11. Forbidden sounds AWESOME! The cover is eye catching as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these sound great and both have gorgeous covers!

    Check out my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy! your picks.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait for Forbidden! It sounds amazing and has a really pretty cover. Haven't heard of All That Bleeds before but I like the look of it too :). Great picks, Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, I hadn't heard of All That Bleeds before but I like the sound of it! I'm not crazy about anything vampire but I am a sucker for illicit love, and plus I'm really liking the mystical feel of that cover (such pretty shades of purple!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Forbidden looks so good! hope you enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am waiting for forbidden as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't heard of either of these! Thanks for sharing some new (to me) books!

    All that Bleeds sounds amazing! Holy bananas. Adding it to my goodreads right now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These both look amazing! Forbidden has apparently been on my wishlist (although I didn't realize it until I went to add it and it was already there, haha), and I'm definitely adding All That Bleeds. The covers are both gorgeous and I love that they're both about forbidden love. I'm so in!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates