Monday, August 1, 2011

Author Michael Grant's New Book and Story Experience‏!

I was just sent an interesting email about an exciting new venture from Michael Grant, author of the best-selling GONE series. I don't have a lot of information tell you, which only increases the intrigue even more!

First off, here is what you can look forward to:

This winter, Michael has a new series coming out that was conceived not only as a book, but also as a “transmedia” experience.  This may not be a familiar term to YA fans, but essentially a transmedia story is an interactive narrative told through the written word, video, puzzles, and more. But most importantly, it encourages fans to become part of the action.

The adventure is just beginning to unfold on Society Twins (a blog about twins, Sylvie and Sophie and their missing brother Davis) and Nexus Humanus (World peace, anyone?). This is only the beginning, more will be unveiled over time which will no doubt raise more questions, increase the intrigue and have you glued to your computers as the mystery unfolds.

THE FUTURE BEGINS WITH YOU!

I don't about you, but I find this Nexus Humanus group a little dodgy. I don't trust them! World peace sounds fun and all, but there's something too... NICE about it all. Creepy nice. I wonder if they have anything to do with the disappearance of Davis Morgenstein? I don't think it's a coincidence he went missing while working on an internship with the United Nations. SOMETHING FISHY IS GOING ON! Or I could totally be reading too much into it and lose out on a chance at world peace. Oh screw it, I'm sticking with my rebellion plan against Nexus Humanus!

I'm excited to learn more about this project. I signed up with Nexus Humanus (what? I'm not converting. You've gotta keep the potential-enemy close!) and was informed that the full community launches August 1st (today) and on August 30, Nexus Humanus will launch a full revised program of self-discovery based on the lost journals of visionary founder Jay Howard Thompson. Hmm. Brain washing? Alright, yes. I'm being a cynic.

Will you guys be joining in on this? I honestly have no idea what to expect next, but that's what makes it so intriguing! I might be totally wrong about this Nexus Humanus thing, so I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

EDIT: I've found some more info. But if I'm completely honest, it probably confuses me even more. I want to know what the heck is going on!

The Shadow Gang - I've signed up for a keycode. No idea what it will unlock.
The Shadow Gang on Twitter
The Morgenstein Twins on Facebook - Sylvie and Sophie
Armond Cage on Facebook - the dude from the Nexus Humanus video

Just to clear this up for anyone - it's clearly a Role Playing game. It's interactive, the readers can be involved in figuring out what's going on on, it's part of Michael Grant's new series and I'm totally confused, but intrigued LOL.

5 comments:

  1. And have you Brodie read the Gone series? hah! Why didn’t I get this email? I’m a lover of the Gone series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm.. I received this email as well..& I've already signed up Nexus Humanus. But I'm still really confused about this whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Gone series so I'm intrigued by this! I'm a little confused though. So this Nexus Humanus group claims to want world peace? There's definitely something odd about that. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just received the email today and signed up. I've made a blog post about it too, but everything seems so weird and unknown. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    My name is Strudel. I have been focusing on Nexus Humanus for over a week now, and have a ton of info that i would love to share about the game. This is what is called an ARG (Alternate Reality Game). If you would like to know more info, feel free to join our facebook discussion...

    http://www.facebook.com/groups/143584619056475/

    and you can read more on Unifiction....

    http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32870

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates