Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #22

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: Jane Lee Carey
Release Date: January 5th 2012
Publisher: Dial
Add it: Goodreads
Wilde Island is in an uproar after the recent death of its king. The uneasy pact between dragons, fairies, and humans is fraying, and a bloodthirsty witch hunter with a hidden agenda whips villages into frenzies with wild accusations. Tess, a blacksmith’s daughter from a tiny hamlet near the mysterious Dragonswood, finds herself caught in the crosshairs of fate when she is accused of witchery and has to flee for her life along with her two best friends.

Not even Tess’s power to see the future can help the girls as they set off on their desperate journey, but she keeps having visions of a man wielding a sword. And when she finally meets him, Tess has no idea how to handle the magnetic attraction she feels for him, or the elusive call she hears from the heart of the Dragonswood.

In this epic romance, an ancient prophecy comes true in a way neither dragon, fairy, nor human would have predicted.

Author: Allison Rushy
Release Date: February 8th 2012
Publisher: Walker & Company
Add it: Goodreads
Meet Josephine Foster, or Zo Jo as she’s called in the biz. The best pint-sized photographer of them all, Jo doesn’t mind doing what it takes to get that perfect shot, until she’s sent on an undercover assignment to shoot Ned Hartnett—teen superstar and the only celebrity who’s ever been kind to her—at an exclusive rehabilitation retreat in Boston. The money will be enough to pay for Jo’s dream: real photography classes, and maybe even quitting her paparazzi gig for good. Everyone wants to know what Ned’s in for. But Jo certainly doesn’t know what she’s in for: falling in love with Ned was never supposed to be part of her assignment.

Dragonswood: Dragons, fairies, witches, prophecies, epic romance.... WHOA. If that is not a recipe for success, what the heck is? It has everything I love (due to my recent discovery of how awesome dragons are... thanks, Firelight), so I can't wait to see how all these elements come together.

Shooting Stars: I love contemporary romance. I'm not sure I'd even care what it's about, I'd still want to read it. But this does genuinely sound like a great book! Falling for the teen superstar? Clearly that's going to cause for some conflict with her undercover assignment. Can't wait!

What are you waiting on?

26 comments:

  1. Love, Love the cover for Dragonswood. Adding it to my tbr shelf now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your header looks awesome!!

    these books look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the whimsical cover for Dragonswood! Dragons have always been an obsession of mine. :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That cover for Dragonswood is gorgeous! The story sounds really good too... I think I'm gonna have to add it to my TBR list :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow, two of the prettiest cover I've ever seen. I just added them to my TBR list. Great picks, as always, Lady Brodie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh that's the first time I've seen the cover for Dragonswood - so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those covers are amazing...I love both of them! Dragonswood looks especially good...Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks!

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices! Wow, I'm definitely going to have to read those now! Awesome blog! I'm now following you!

    Here's my WoW: http://tiny.cc/i1sc1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! New follower here!

    These are both fantastic finds! I can't believe I havent heard of them before! Dragonswood looks AMAZING! and Shooting Stars looks fun! Definitely will be adding these to the list!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! If you don't want to read the eARC of Half Blood, I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands! *insert evil smile here* haha lol.

    -Kate (http://nomaliciousreads.blogspot.com ktjackson@bigpond.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haven't heard about Dragonswood until now, but I'm intrigued! Great pick!

    Check out what I'm waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy WoW Brodie!! Dragonwood sounds and looks absolutely amazing! That cover is so gorgeous! Another great find! :) Shooting Stars looks fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These both sounds sooo good! Shooting Star sounds like a cute, fun read. I love Dragonwood's cover, so pretty. Great choices..off to add to my Goodreads account.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh, these sound great! I'm going to have to add these to my to-read list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the covers for both! Dragonwood sounds insanely epic. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dragonswood was my WoW today as well, so excellent choice :) I'm not that into contemporaries but it sounds like it might be cute.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dragonswood had me from the title alone, but I was totally convinced by "epic romance". It sounds awesome! Awesomer than awesome! And Shooting Star sounds cute, and love the cover too. Great picks, Brodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the sound of Dragonswood!! I had never heard of it until now so thanks for putting it on your WoW. =D And Shooting Star sounds sweet!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  19. Interesting choices, and great covers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both of these have gorgeous covers! I just found out about Dragonswood today from another WOW and now I can't wait to check it out. Great choices.

    Here's my WOW: http://bit.ly/re4PgY

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the cover for Dragonswood, and Shooting Star sounds super cute. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These both sound cute, and I've never heard of either one!!! Thanks for the tip-off!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've got Shooting Stars on my wishlist but haven't heard of Dragonswood. I'm totally adding it to my wishlist because I love the premise and haven't read any books involving dragons other than Firelight yet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dragonswood looks pretty awesome! Definitely something I would read!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  25. So, uh "The uneasy pact between dragons, fairies, and humans is fraying" hooked me. I am now officially hanging out for this and I STILL haven't read Firelight (but my younger cousin owns them all so I'll have to soon!) and as for Shooting Stars... well, we both know how much Anna and the French Kiss changed my mind about comtemporary romance *does seedy looking eyebrow lift*.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates