Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #23

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: Anna Davies
Release Date: May 1st 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Add it: Goodreads
Miranda has lived on Whym Island since the death of her parents. She has taken comfort in its seclusion and in the folklore that claims a mysterious sea witch controls the fate of all on the island and its surrounding waters. It's easier to believe things are out of her control.

But when a terrible boating accident takes the lives of several of her friends, Miranda is rescued by a mysterious boy that haunts her dreams. As the guilt of the accident consumes her, she finds refuge in her late night swims. Until she meets Christian, a boy who seems so familiar, but won't tell her where he is from and why they can only meet at the beach. As Miranda falls for Christian and begins to put the accident behind her, she discovers that there are secrets that Christian is keeping to protect her that may only end up bringing her nothing but harm.


Author: Ruth Warburton
Release Date: March 2012
Publisher: Hodder Children's Books
Add it: Goodreads
Anna Winterson doesn't know she's a witch and would probably mock you for believing in magic, but after moving to the small town of Winter with her father, she learns more than she ever wanted to about power. When Anna meets Seth, she is smitten, but when she enchants him to love her, she unwittingly amplifies a deadly conflict between two witch clans and splits her own heart in two. She wants to love Seth, to let him love her – but if it is her magic that's controlling his passion, then she is as monstrous as the witch clan who are trying to use her amazing powers for their own gain.

Although a perfect fit for the paranormal romance genre, A WITCH IN WINTER avoids fangs, excessive body hair and submissive female leads, and tells the heart-wrenching story of a couple meant to be together, but being forced apart. Seth is utterly irresistible and Anna is an empowered, proactive young woman with unimaginable magic inside her. This is fast-paced, sensuous writing with believable incantations inspired by Warburton's research into witchcraft legend and old English.

Wrecked: First off, hello sexy cover! I like. I like a lot. But the plot is also just as captivating. What is the story to Christian? Who is he? Where is he from? Is he as hot as the cover suggests? ;) Seriously though, this sounds really intriguing. And I love the 'mysterious sea witch' that is said to control the fate of the island.

A Witch In Winter: The fact that this has witches is what makes it an instant 'want' for me. And I especially love that it avoids 'submissive female leads'.  I'm eager to see how the relationship will progress between Anna and Seth, no doubt there will be a lot of emotional turmoil given that she enchanted him - is their love real? Deadly conflicts between two witch clans is the icing on the cake. Or maybe I should say... the fire in the cauldron ;)

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

28 comments:

  1. Never heard of either of these before but they sound amazing! Can't go wrong with sexy covers and witches, can you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are new to me - thanks for putting them on my radar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY MOLY WRECKED sounds AMAZING!!! I might even make it my WoW this week! Thanks SO much for the rec <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Wrecked looks soooo HOT! Cant wait to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha omg same!! I will buy it just to stare at the cover! It's HOT. I love anything with water... so I kind of hope the boy is a merman of SOMETHING hahah!! <33 Can't wait! thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No cover of Wrecked yet, huh? Both of these sound great and I hadn't heard of either one. Adding them to my list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay I just discovered Wrecked a couple of days ago and it looks AWESOME. And A Witch in Winter also looks amazing. But ugh Brodie, wwhwhhhhyyyyyyy are you featuring so many fantastic-looking 2012 reads?? SO long to wait! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm adding A Witch In Winter on my own wishlist :D

    I'm going against almost every one else on the sexy covers, I'm no fan(ok, so I can make an exception sometimes LOL but not this time). I find them to be a bit cliched. Also it's a bit weird with a cover like that when the publisher is Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing. But that's just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks! I have added both to my TBR pile.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. *stares at Wrecked's cover* it makes me want to reach out and touch the cover and see if it's real. Haha. Hot hot hot cover! And awesome summary. Love your 2nd pick though, I've had that on my 2012 reads and like you, I love reading books about witches! you always have awesome picks, Brodie! :D

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both these books look amazing! I love the cover of Wrecked, soo hot! Happy reading

    My WoW: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these sound awesome (and I love the cover for Wrecked!). I haven't heard of either, so thanks for putting them on m my radar, Brodie!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um....the cover for Wrecked - hotness! I love it. I am also very interested in knowing more based on that synopsis. I hadn't heard of it before, so THANK YOU! Off to add it to my Goodreads TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing covers! The books sound tempting...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the look of A Witch in Winter! I'm going to go add that to my wishlist. :D


    ComaCalm's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both sound awesome and I love the covers!! Hadn't heard of either before so thanks for sharing =]

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice books. I like the sounds of Wrecked. I don't like how long of a wait there is for it. :o(
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wrecked looks awesome! I certainly hope he is as hot as the cover suggests ;). Hehe. I love witches too, so A Witch in Winter sounds like a good one too. But back to Wrecked...that cover is certainly something...:P

    ReplyDelete
  20. I did not stare at that cover for a long period of time... I did not.

    Both of these are new to me so thank you! They both sound really good. I wonder if the whole 'avoids...' thing will actually be part of the official summary. Great picks as usual :)

    (Christian is mine)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both look amazing! Must add to my 2-read list.
    New Follower!
    My Wow http://placeofreeds.blogspot.com

    Cana

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think Aylee expressed my thoughts perfectly already. Thank you Aylee!

    Hippies, Beauty, and Books. Oh My!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love witch stories. I've been hooked since I read Anne Rice's Mayfair Witch series ages and ages ago. Great picks!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/08/www-10-and-waiting-on-wednesday-august.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Christian! Wrecked sounds fantastic, and the cover is definitely easy on the eyes. Thank you for bringing these two books to my attention!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wrecked sounds very interesting. Great pick. I added it to my TBR list. And the cover... J'adore. Thanks :)

    Nimue @ My bookish obsessions

    I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates