Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #24

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: William Richter
Release Date: March 2012
Publisher: Razorbill
Add it: Goodreads
Get ready for the vigilante girl detective of the next generation.

Wally was adopted from a Russian orphanage as a child and grew up in a wealthy New York City family. At fifteen, her obsessive need to rebel led her to life on the streets.

Now the sixteen-year-old is beautiful and hardened, and she’s just stumbled across the possibility of discovering who she really is. She’ll stop at nothing to find her birth mother before Klesko—her darkeyed father—finds her. Because Klesko will stop at nothing to reclaim the fortune Wally’s mother stole from him long ago. Even if that means murdering his own blood. But Wally’s had her own killer training, and she’s hungry for justice.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for teens, this debut thriller introduces our next big series heroine!

Author: Jessica Anthony & Rodrigo Corral
Release Date: October 13th 2011
Publisher: Razorbill
Add it: Goodreads
Glory is a young piano prodigy. Frank is the boy who moves in next door. Over the years, their friendship blossoms into an undeniable romance. As Glory descends from stunning piano prodigy into a kind of madness, Frank's love becomes more and more unshakable. They both become hopelessly fixated on the song "Chopsticks".

Part love story, part mystery, part visual collage, this novel is told through images as much as it's told through words. Ultimately the reader must decipher what is real, what is imagined, and what has been madness all along.

Richly imagined by author Jessica Anthony and hauntingly designed by Rodrigo Corral, Chopsticks will rivet teens and adults alike on numerous platforms, including a gorgeous book and paid app for the iPhone and iPad, with many additional features.

Dark Eyes: How badass does this one sound? I'm excited to see just what this 'killer training' is that Wally has, because I've no doubt it will lead to some ridiculously awesome fight scenes. And she's Russian! Does it get any better?

Chopsticks: The concept for this is so fascinating, I'm excited to see how it comes together in images and words to tell the story. I love those books in particular where you're not sure what is reality and 'madness'. This is so intriguing, thankfully the wait is short!

What are you waiting on this week?

28 comments:

  1. you find the BEST books I swear!!! LOL. Dark Eyes sounds FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing picks. Two choices that I've never heard of but will be adding to my to-read shelf! Thank you for sharing =)

    My W.O.W: http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday19.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! They both sound AMAZING! I just added them to my list. I mean RUSSIAN and fighting scenes. It's going to be awesome. And madness. It makes me think of Wild Roses by Deb Caletti. That's a great book, too. Awesome picks!

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-tris-and-izzie.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of Dark Eyes, but wow, that sounds AMAZING! *adds it to to-read list on Goodreads* I love thrillers and wow, I want it to be March 2012 now.

    I love the cover for Chopsticks. So cute!

    My WoW: http://gypsybookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brodie, I love it when you pick books I've never heard of before! I wasn't going to admit this, but I often stalk your to-read shelf to find new titles when I'm bored. Haha.

    These both look AWESOME! I actually lived in Russia for a little while when I was younger so I'm really excited for that aspect of Dark Eyes. It also reminds a tiny bit of the series Fearless (basically the killer fighting part of it, lol). Chopsticks also looks like it could be soooo cool, although I'm a little wary of it since books that are more abstract can sometimes miss the mark. I'm definitely going to check it out though! :D

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks! I haven't before heard of these books,

    My WoW http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, both of these books sound incredible!! Thanks for letting me know of them (I hadn't heard of them before). "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo for teens," really hooked me! Awesome picks. :)

    My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dark Eyes looks amazing...Chopsticks...not really for me, but hey. Hope you enjoy them both!
    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why haven't I heard of these books? Oh my gosh, Brodie, you're not helping me fight against my TBR pile. I just added them to my list. Wow. I can't wait to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chopsticks sounds wicked cool! *adds* <3

    My triple WOW - http://readmebookmarkmeloveme.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-17811.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the sound of both of these and I'm especially excited to read Chopsticks! Great picks!

    Check out My WoW on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I am loving both of these but really excited about Dark Eyes. Excellent picks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haven't heard of either of those. Chopsticks sounds interesting though!

    New follower! :]

    Here's my WoW for this week.

    ♥ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously, how do you FIND these books?! Love the sound of Dark Eyes, and Chopsticks sounds like a really interesting one! Plus I love the cover. Great picks, Brodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am liking the sound of Dark Eyes. Chopsticks sounds unique and different. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww, Brodie!! I've heard of Chopsticks. From you or Kai, maybe? The other one sounds great! I'm such a sucker for Russian-related books. They're always fascinating! Will add this to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both covers look AMAZING!! I'd love to add these to my bookshelves...not to mention the premise of the first book definitely sounds badass! Thanks for sharing & Happy Wednesday!! :-D

    Check out Sash's WoW post !
    And don't forget our amazing GIVEAWAYS !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, wow, Dark Eyes sounds incredible, and I love that cover! Awesome pick, Brodie!!

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing picks. They're so different and awesome! I'm a new follower. Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dark Eyes sounds incredibly awesome. I seem to be a pretty big fan of anything that Razor Bill puts out though.

    Megan @Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  21. They sound like good picks.
    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved the Stieg Larsson series, so this new one sounds promissing.

    Visit my: http://readingandall.blogspot.com/2011/08/esperando-na-quarta-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Chopsticks sounds really cool, both in terms of the format and the story itself. I'm really liking the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice selection. The cover for Dark Eyes is very cool. I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up off the bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooooh two new books for my wishlist - great picks!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dark Eyes sounds fantastic! =D I am excited for that one now too!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Interesting picks. I'm 'not sure' about both, but I think they'll be unique, if nothing else.

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW choice here.

    ReplyDelete
  28. First one looks AMAAAAAZING!! second one not my thing but still sounds good =] awesome picks

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates