Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #25

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: Brian James
Publisher: Fiewel and Friends
Release Date: March 27th 2012
Add it: Goodreads
Alec and Sabrina are crazy in love. Problem is: Sabrina’s really crazy.

Sabrina, an artist, is diagnosed with schizophrenia, and her parents check her into the Wellness Center. There she meets Alec, who is convinced it's the world that's crazy, not the two of them. They are meant to be together; they are special. But when Alec starts to convince Sabrina that her treatment will wipe out everything that makes her creative, she worries that she'll lose hold of her dreams and herself. Should she listen to her doctor? Her decision may have fatal consequences.

Author: Cole Gibson
Release Date: March 8th 2012
Publisher: Flux
Add it: Goodreads
Kill Bill meets Buffy in this supernatural samurai tale.

Rileigh Martin would love to believe that adrenaline gave her the uncanny courage and strength to fend off three muggers. But it doesn’t explain her dreams of fifteenth century Japan, the incredible fighting skills she suddenly possesses, or the strange voice giving her battle tips and danger warnings. While worrying that she’s going crazy (always a reputation ruiner), Rileigh gets a visit from Kim, a handsome martial arts instructor, who tells Rileigh she’s harboring the spirit of a five-hundred-year-old samurai warrior.

Relentlessly attacked by ninjas, Rileigh has no choice but to master the katana--a deadly Japanese sword that’s also the key to her past. As the spirit grows stronger and her feelings for Kim intensify, Rileigh is torn between continuing as the girl she’s always been and embracing the warrior inside her.
Life Is But A Dream: This sounds so good! Are they really crazy? Or is there something bigger going on here? I think getting inside Sabrina's head and reading her thoughts will be a pretty fascinating experience, I can't wait!

Katana: Teen girl harboring the spirit of a 500 year old sumarai warrior? That's a recipe for badass if I've ever heard one. And it. has. NINJAS!! Ninjas! Did you read that? Ninjas! Don't we all have a hidden desire to have a sexy, kickass ninja double identity? I want this book.

What are you waiting on?

32 comments:

  1. Life is but a dream sounds AAAAAmazing! thank you :) You have the best recs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it had samurai, but I didn't know it had ninjas, too. I love ninjas! I even spot $40 on a ninja T-shirt recently, and I never spend that much on one item of clothing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first I'm hearing about both of these but I love them already based on their blurbs! The first sounds super trippy and the second sounds super awesome. Thanks for putting these on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohh I like the second! ha I love the way you write, makes everything sound super awesome 'Ninjas! Don't we all have a hidden desire to have a sexy, kickass ninja double identity?' Good Work =D I have always wanted a hidden identity haha =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually love the whole Japanese samurai aspect so thanks for letting us know about this, I can't wait to pick up a copy. Not too sure on the first one though, mental assylum books frustrate me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab choices, as always! The first sounds like it will be a doozy and the second sounds really unique compared to everything else out there at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, Life Is But a Dream sounds awesome. Books about schizophrenia always intrigue me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. huh, hadn't heard too much about these! Good choices!

    Here’s my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo...both of these sound really interesting, but especially Katana! Great picks!:)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of the first one! You always have the best picks, Brodie!~ And I love the second book for the Japanese elements. I love anything Japanese, so it's definitely in my radar! :)

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great WoW picks!

    Mine is here, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these sound fantastic and quite different from each other. Love the picks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, Life Is But A Dream sounds amazing! The title is fabulous! Thanks for introducing me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel Life is but a Dream might be a little to depressing for me., but hurraah for Ninjas! Katana flies onto my wishlist with a Ninja kick.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard of either of these, but they both sound promising. I also really like the cover of Life is but a Dream.

    -jehara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of these books look awesome!!
    I haven't heard about either but I will have to check them out!

    check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-goddess.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. I discovered Katana last year and back then it doesnt have a cover! So nice to see it here! :) And oh my gosh Brodie. Where do you find these books?? I love the sound of the first one! I'm a sucker for psychological books. XD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Life Is But A Dream sounds SCARY! Really good though ;)

    Also... the sentence 'Kill Bill meets Buffy' just keeps running through my head LOL. It looks good! Definitely original - don't read too many ninja books.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are new books to me but they sound good.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never heard of Life is But a Dream, but it sounds like it will be creepy good! Great picks, Brodie!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  21. They sound like good choices.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Katana looks so good! Can't wait to read it - I mean, come on, NINJAS. It's a must read! Haven't heard of Life is But a Dream, but it definitely sounds interesting. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the header on your blog! Great WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. hey!! i follow your blog! :) Great pick!

    Hope you'll stop by my blog and let me know what you think of mine! :)

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Life is but a Dream is right up my alley. Sounds very interesting. Also, the plot for Katana looks pretty original. I'll have to check it out...sad about the long wait though!
    -Jenna (new follower)

    Here's my WoW:
    http://fansoffiction.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday-2-perfect.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is the first time ive seen the cover for Life is But a Dream--it does look sorta dreamy. I love the psychological element, don't think I've read any books about schizophrenia actually. It'll be really interesting to see from her pov.
    And I'm with you: freaking NINJAS! Awesome picks :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. They both sound really good! Adding them to my wishlist. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome picks! I haven't heard of either of these yet! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is the first time I've seen the cover for Life is But a Dream - so beautiful! I'm always on the lookout for books with interesting psychological premises, so I will definitely be checking that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, both of these look amazing! And I haven't heard of either of them before. I'm especially excited about Katana because it reminds me of the Samurai Girl series (which, sadly, was never finished :O) so I'm thinking it will satisfy my kickass girl warrior craving. :P

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for sharing Life is But a Dream. Glad people are excited about it.

    Brian james

    ReplyDelete
  32. Okay, so I'm pretty sure these both also sound awesome! I looked at "Kill Bill meets Buffy" and thought nahhhh, not for me (cos I'm not a huge fan of Kill Bill haha) but the freakin synopsis! Ahhhhh! I'm really like (am obsessed with) different countries in different centuries <3

    Also, I'm fascinated with disorders such as Schizophrenia so that will hopefully be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates