Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #26

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)


Author: Jennifer Bosworth
Release Date: May 8th 2012
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Girroux
Add it: Goodreads
When Los Angeles is devastated by a catastrophic earthquake, seventeen-year-old human lightning rod, Mia Price, finds herself at the center of a power struggle between two fanatical doomsday cults, one that wants to save the world, and one that wants to destroy it... and she will be the deciding factor in which cult succeeds at their aim.
Author: Gwen Hayes
Release Date: January 3rd 2012
Publisher: NAL Trade
Add it: Goodreads
She fell for him in a nighttime world. But the time for dreaming is past—and the here-and-now can be just as fragile their love…

When Theia Alderson first encountered a mysterious, handsome boy in her dreams, she never imagined how finding Haden Black—and falling in love—could change her life. To save Haden, Theia sacrificed everything. And the dangerous bargain she made could have lasting repercussions.

Now Theia has returned to Serendipity Falls, and she finds herself struggling with the same deadly hungers that have tortured Haden. When students at their high school fall prey to a mysterious illness, Theia can’t help but wonder if Haden’s control is slipping—and how much longer she’ll have a grip on her own.

And still the nightmare realm of Under won’t let them go. Someone from Haden’s past is determined to destroy Theia from the inside out, starting with those closest to her, forcing Theia to choose between family and friends and a love that may have been doomed from the start…

Struck: First off, I have to say how much I love the cover. We see so many girls in pretty dresses dominating YA covers these days and while they do look absolutely amazing, it's nice to see a girl dressed normal and looking downright BADASS. The cover just screams power and I love it! Plus how awesome is the story?! So, so, so excited for this.

Dreaming Awake (Falling Under #2): I loved the first book and the world of Under was so wonderfully creepy, the characters were all fantastic and I just love where Gwen took the story. So of course, I'm dying for the sequel!

What are you waiting on?

30 comments:

  1. Oh god Struck looks so AWESOME! And I freaking adore the cover, definitely power and all around badassery :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Struck sounds awesome!!! I must write it down for future reference!! =D Great WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added Struck to my TBR pile this week! I totally agree about the cover. I love the girls in the pretty dresses, but I also like to see a girl look average. Although...that lightning looks pretty fierce!

    I haven't read Falling Under, but I love the cover for the second book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, two awesome picks! Struck especially looks fantastic. And apparently I've heard of these before because they're both already on my Goodreads to-read list, but I'd definitely forgotten about them so thanks for reminding me! :P I also still need to get my hands on Falling Under.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ogled at the cover of Struck when I first saw it. So beautiful! And I'm so excited for Dreaming Awake! I loved Falling Under which was fantastically dark and creepy, so yay! Counting down the days until 2012. As always, awesome picks Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely wanted to read Struck. I love the cover. It is eye catching. I haven't read The Fallen Under series yet though! New follower stopping by!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I was about to choose STRUCK as my WoW too! Doesn't it sound incredible?! Wants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read Falling Under so badly, but haven't gotten to it. Excellent choices this week. :)

    -Sophia
    The Book Basement
    My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i read falling under, I didn't know there was a sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks Brodie! I can't wait for Dreaming Awake too. :)

    Dea
    Teen Readers' Diary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both sound wonderful! I really enjoyed Falling Under #1.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to read Struck....And I still need to get round to reading Falling Under...both sound wonderful.
    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for Struck. IN LOVE with the cover! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have Struck on my wishlist as well and it sounds brilliant!

    I must check out Under now, I have to start with the beginning or else I'll just get crazy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't WAIT for Struck! It looks so, so, so good and I love the cover. I have to admit though...I haven't read Falling Under yet...I will! Eventually...:P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Struck sound amazing, definitely adding it to my must read list. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You always legit pick the BEST books <3 #win :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree. The cover for Struck looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, both books sound great - I need to go back and check out the first Falling Under book!

    Here's my WOW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Struck sounds yummy! Added to TBR ;) Gotta love these fierce ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I too can't wait for Dream Awake!

    Come see what has us on pins and needles in our WoW. And while your there get the inside scoop on these other cool events like Enter to win a Kindle 3G, and join our Halloween blog hop Zompacolypse 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Struck sounds so good!!! Hadn't heard of it before so thanks!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  23. my sister desperately wants dreaming awake since she read the first book in the series. great picks! :)

    I hope you can stop by our WoW this week.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  24. Struck does look enticing. I like the cover a lot. Will be searching ie it my next trip to the bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Struck looks awesome just saw it on another blog. I have fallen under haven't started on it yet but I'm sure I will soon.

    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Struck sounds awesome. I hadn't see it before, so thanks for that. Awesome picks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! Both look and sound amazing! Great choices.
    http://www.alaskanbookcafe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great covers, sounds good.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/08/waiting-on-wednesday_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. Falling Under is on my wishlist already. Dreaming Awake makes me read it even more.
    Kero

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates