Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #27

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: Marlene Perez
Release Date: March 2012
Publisher: Graphia
Add it: Goodreads
Jessica Walsh is starting her freshman year at Nightshade High and trying to forget about the tragic events surrounding her brother’s graduation. She wants to have a normal high school experience. But that’s easier said than done in Nightshade. 

When a new boy shows up at school, the girls are infected with a case of seriously creepy crushes. But when their obsession turns to violence, Jessica and her friends start to wonder if there’s more going on than just a little friendly rivalry. Are the smitten girls turning into love zombies? 


And Jessica has other worries—like her crush on Dominic Gray, the cute but moody new singer for Side Effects May Vary, and the mysterious tattoo that appeared on her arm one day and lets her know whenever there is trouble brewing. Jessica learns she's a Virago, a woman warrior chosen to fight evil whenever it threatens her hometown. But does a lowly freshman really have what it takes to keep Nightshade safe? 

 Author: Jus Accardo
Release Date: November 1st 2011
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Add it: Goodreads
When a strange boy tumbles down a river embankment and lands at her feet, seventeen-year-old adrenaline junkie Deznee Cross snatches the opportunity to piss off her father by bringing the mysterious hottie with ice blue eyes home.

Except there’s something off with Kale. He wears her shoes in the shower, is overly fascinated with things like DVDs and vases, and acts like she’ll turn to dust if he touches her. It’s not until Dez’s father shows up, wielding a gun and knowing more about Kale than he should, that Dez realizes there’s more to this boy—and her father’s “law firm”—than she realized.

Kale has been a prisoner of Denazen Corporation—an organization devoted to collecting “special” kids known as Sixes and using them as weapons—his entire life. And, oh yeah, his touch? It kills. The two team up with a group of rogue Sixes hellbent on taking down Denazen before they’re caught and her father discovers the biggest secret of all. A secret Dez has spent her life keeping safe.

A secret Kale will kill to protect
Dead Is a Battlefield: Love zombies? Mystery tattoos? Women warriors  who keep evil at bay? This sounds a really refreshing read! Something a little out of the ordinary to what we're used to and I'm totally intrigued by it

Touch: How awesome does this sound? I love those 'touch can kill' type of novels. Really, any kind of superpower and I'm hooked. I'm curious to learn what this big secret is they're all trying to protect. And of course, a rogue group of Sixes with a taste for vengeance? I smell some kickass scenes in the making.

What are you waiting on this fine Wednesday?

16 comments:

  1. I just featured Touch a few weeks ago! It kind of reminds you a bit of Shatter Me, right? Haven't read the Dead is a series, but it sounds freakin awesome! Great picks, Brodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY MOTHER ****. BRODIE! This is like your best WoW yet. I haven't heard of either of these and they both sound OUTSTANDING. I'm getting Touch as soon as it comes out!!!! <3 Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, you always kill me by choosing the best books. My goodreads keeps growing because of you. :P These both sound great, but Touch...CRAZY INTENSE. I need it in my life ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Touch looks amazing....and the Dead Is series is one I really must start soon....
    You pick awesome stuff.
    Nina @ Death Books and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I own only one Marlene Perez book but wasn't entirely won over. But her new book still looks good. Touch sounds like an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those books are new to me, I haven't seen them around yet. Sounds good. Intriguing and mysterious. My pick for today is EVERNEATH by Brodi Ashton

    By the way, you have a beautiful blog banner =) I like it.

    New follower,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  7. Touch sound amazing, definitely will be looking out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am really intrigued by death is a battlefield. sounds like my kind of read. :)

    please check out my WoW pick this week.

    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Touch sounds amazing. The cover is creepy. You always find awesome choices! This makes me add even more books to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for Touch! I like the way the guy is leaning against the wall in the cover and just watching...veeery mysterious. Never head of Dead is a Battlefield, but I'm loving the sound of it. Love zombies and woman warriors have convinced me to add this to my wishlist! Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good choices, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, Brodie these two books sounds like they might just rock! After seeing the cover on 'Dead is a battlefield' I would never have guessed what the story was about :) I'm adding both of these onto my GR wishlist. Thank you so much for putting them on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE zombies? How have I not heard of this before?!

    Touch just sounds like a ton of awesome elements wrapped up in one book. I can't wait to see how the story unfolds!

    Tried to add these to GR but it's acting up again. *glares* I NEED YOU. PLEASE WORK.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just added both of these to my TBR list on Goodreads! I had no idea Marlene Perez had written/was writing another book similar to the Dead Is series. I thought it was a fun, entertaining series to read, so I'm excited to see what she does with this book.

    And Touch? The synopsis hooked me immediately! What secret is Kale protecting? I need to know! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates