Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #28

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: Aimee Agresti
Release Date: March 6th 2012
Publisher: Harcourt Children's
Add it: Goodreads
Haven Terra is a brainy, shy high school outcast. But everything begins to change when she turns sixteen. Along with her best friend Dante and their quiet and brilliant classmate Lance, she is awarded a prestigious internship in the big city— Chicago—and is sent to live and work at a swanky and stylish hotel under the watchful eyes of a group of gorgeous and shockingly young-looking strangers: powerful and alluring hotel owner Aurelia Brown; her second-in-command, the dashing Lucian Grove; and their stunning but aloof staff of glamazons called The Outfit.

As Haven begins falling for Lucian, she discovers that these beautiful people are not quite what they seem. With the help of a mysterious book, she uncovers a network of secret passageways from the hotel’s jazz-age past that leads her to the heart of the evil agenda of Aurelia and company: they’re in the business of buying souls. Will they succeed in wooing Haven to join them in their recruitment efforts, or will she be able to thwart this devilish set’s plans to take the souls of her classmates on prom night at the hotel?

Illuminate is an exciting saga of a teen’s first taste of independence, her experience in the lap of luxury, and her discovery she may possess strength greater than she ever knew.


Author: Sue Lawson
Release Date: October 1st 2011
Publisher: Walker Books
Add it: Goodreads
When you’re fighting to forget, what would make you remember?

Pan Harris is is brash, loud and damaged. Ordered into foster care, Pan is full of anger at the mother who abandoned her, and the older sister who kept her from her father. Pan is certain that she knows the reality of her past – until she meets Hunter, the boy who understands her story better than anyone else, and who just may be the key to unlocking the truth of Pan’s memories. But are some memories best left forgotten? And is Hunter worth Pan breaking her most important rule – Never. Trust. Anyone.

Illuminate: How gorgeous are the covers to both of these books? So pretty! I love the shadow of a wing (?) behind the girl - which suggests perhaps there is something more supernatural to her? The whole beautiful, mysterious group of people in the business of buying souls sounds deliciously exciting! Very looking forward to this.

Pan's Whisper: Again with the cover lover. I love the colours on this! This is written by an Aussie author and lately I've been discovering that my lovely stretch of land is producing some amazing authors. So I can't wait to see what Sue Lawson has to offer. What disturbing secrets will Pan's memory reveal?

What are you waiting on?

21 comments:

  1. Both of these sound amazing! The covers are definitely really gorgeous. I'll have to add them to my TBR list now :D Awesome picks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brodie, your IMM is seriously the one I always look forward to the most because I know you're going to have amazing books that I've never heard of before, although I don't know how you do it because I think I keep up pretty well. Obviously not though. :P

    So basically these both look fantastic. Covers, plots, potential love interests... I'm intrigued. Thanks for adding even more to my wishlist! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, WoW, not IMM. I just need to go to bed now. *toddles off*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah! We just featured the same book! Illuminate sounds so awesome, right? And Pan's Whisper sounds really intriguing too! You always have the best picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the first one looks so good! i can't believe i hadn't seen it until tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover on Illuminate and the synopsis on Pan's Whisper. Great picks! http://www.alaskanbookcafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks. =] Very interesting. Both look great. =]
    Here is My WoW this week. =]
    The Bookshelf Review

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WANT Illuminate NOW!!! THE COVER IS SO PRETTY. ahem. sorry about the capitals, it is the only way to show my enthusiasm through the computer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read at least three summaries with foster kids as the MC's today. Interesting trend. Like the sound of both these. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hadn't heard of Pan's Whisper. Will have to check it out!

    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/09/www-15-and-waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pan’s Whisper sounds like it could be based on Greek myth to do with Pandora. I don’t know. It just seems that synopsis is only sharing a bit of what the book is about and not giving away all the secrets like some books do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously, you always have the best books for your WoW! These both sound awesome, I completely love the sound of Illuminate. And both the covers are gorgeous - great picks, Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually just heard of Illuminate this morning... It looks SO GOOD and the cover is gorgeous (both are, really, but you know how I like my sparkles).

    UGH, Brodie. Why do you torture me with Aussie books?! I want to read this one! I used to be so into foster care books and I still have this huge thing for them. WANT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Illuminate is going on my list! So excited. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cover for Illuminate is gorgeous, but its your second WOW choice that grabbed my attention. Pan's Whisper is one I haven't heard of but it sounds like one I would love to read. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    Donna @ The Happy Booker

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great picks this week! I really love the cover for Illumminate, so pretty! :) These will definitely be on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LIVE FOR YOUR WoWs. SERIOUSLY. You always have the BEST books here. And Normally ones I haven't heard of yet! Love love love the sound of both of these! Def want to read them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice selection. I really like the synopsis for Illuminate and the cover, it's nice...even though the covers of girls in red dresses are becoming all too similar, I do still like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the shadow on the wall on the Illuminate cover! I didn't notice it at first! Sneaky, sneaky. I haven't heard of the other book, but I'm adding it to my Goodreads TBR shelf now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the looks of Illuminate for sure! The cover is beautiful too - I hope that stays the cover.

    Happy Reading! Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates