Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #29

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: Christoph Marzi
Release Date: February 2nd 2012
Publisher: Orchard Books
Add it: Goodreads
The night that Heaven lost her heart was cold and moonless. But the blade that sliced it out was warm with her dark blood...

David Pettyfer is taking a shortcut over the dark rooftops of London's brooding houses, when he literally stumbles across Heaven: a strange, beautiful, distraught girl who says that bad men have stolen her heart. Yet she's still alive...

And so begins David and Heaven's wild, exciting and mysterious adventure - to find Heaven's heart, and to discover the incredible truth about her origins.

Part thriller, part love story and part fairy tale, this brilliantly original novel from a bestselling German author will take your breath away...


Author: Sam Hawksmoor
Release Date: March 1st 2012
Publisher: Hodder Children's Books
Add it: Goodreads
34 kids missing. Vanished without a trace.

Believing she is possessed, Genie Magee's mother has imprisoned her all summer encouraged by the sinister Reverend Schneider. Beautiful Rian, love of her life, sets her free, and their escape washes them up at Marshall's remote farmhouse downriver. But why are there newspaper clippings of the missing kids pinned to Marshall's bathroom wall? And should they believe his stories about the experiments at the Fortress, an underground research station nearby?

Genie meets Denis. Missing two years now, but hasn't grown an inch. Rian is haunted by Renée, who insists she's not actually dead. Soon they discover the terrible truth about Reverend Schneider and worse, Genie is next ... and Rian can't do a thing to prevent it.

The Repossession is just the beginning.

Heaven: Wow, this sounds incredibly... intriguing, different, fascinating! How does she survive if her heart has been stolen? Who are these bad men? What exactly is this girl and her origins? I cannot wait for this! Love the thriller/love story/fairy tale combination.

The Repossession: Oooh creepy! Where do the kids disappear to? Does the sinister Reverend have anything to do with it? Or Marshall? What exactly is the 'repossession'? So many questions that I'm excited to find the answers to!

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

32 comments:

  1. I love the sound of The Repossession! Thanks for bringing these two to my attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again, two awesome looking books that I've never heard of. *shakes head* I don't know how you do it every week, Brodie.

    Heaven looks AWESOME. Her heart has been stolen? How cool! And Repossession sounds super creepy. That's going to be one I'll have to read with the lights ON.

    Thanks for expanding my wishlist EVEN MORE! I love it when that happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brodie. You are literally the ONLY person on Goodreads who has added Heaven. How?? DO YOU HAVE A TIME MACHINE?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I'm the one who added it to Goodreads! I came across it last night and thought OOOOH. And couldn't find it on goodreads, so I popped it on there myself.

    But... the time machine sounds way cooler. I *am* living in the future afterall, with my awesome aussie-ness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. seriously. SERIOUSLY. Where do you always find these AMAZING books to wait on?!!? I <3 you. And Your blog. And you. basically you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How the heck did you even find these, and how did these slip past me? Thanks for featuring these this week! Added them both, oh yes I did.

    And wow on adding a book to GR. I've only done that once before and it was for an Aussie book (that I still haven't read). Hehe, Aussies are the wave of the future! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, Heaven sounds AMAZING! You always introduce me to the best books :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, I haven't heard of either of these novels until now... they both sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these sound fantastic! I'll have to add them both to my list! Great choices this week!

    -Kate
    my WoW: http://nomaliciousreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heh, there you go again choosing two amazing books. They both sound completely intriguing and different from a lot of stuff out there. Excellent choices, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not heard of either of these...but both of these look amazing. Great choices! Literally stealing a heart, and disappearances and posessions? Must read both. Thanks for the heads up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two books I haven't heard but now are going on my GR list. The first ones sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, amazing picks! I don't even know these books exists! You are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! Heaven is a English book? Is it being published here as well. That sounds so amazingly good! I must have it.

    Rie @ Mission to Read

    ReplyDelete
  15. First time I have seen either of these books, but am definitely intrigued by them both especially Heaven. Terrific picks today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds like an interesting books.
    I really like heaven....
    Have a great day!!
    Kyanara from Laced Little Muffin's reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heaven looks yummy! Dang Brodie, your GR finding skills are frightening :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh those look awesome. I love the Repossession cover! (I also love your blog design)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    Don't forget to enter my giveaway for an ARC of Legend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both of those sound great!! Repossession sounds like a great book for Halloween!

    Great picks!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday_28.html

    Zompacolypse is coming. Are you infected?

    ReplyDelete
  20. They both sound intense, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great picks, both of these sound-and look-amazing!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't know what to expect from Heaven, but it definitely sounds unique! And The Reposession, even the title is creepy, and it sounds totally eerie and intense *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both look like really great books. Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Neither are really my type of read so pretty sure I won't be picking these up. But I love the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Heaven sounds pretty awesome, never heard of it before, although it makes me think of Stardust!

    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  26. Heaven....WANTS! I want it now. OMG! It sounds amazing.

    You find all these crazy awesome books! <3 it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aww..I love the sound of Heaven! I'm definitely adding it to my wishlist! I can always trust you when it comes to book taste. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You made some excellent choices I especially liked Heaven i'm adding it tony list.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Brodie, you should become some kind of investigator. Or a spy or something, because you just find the best books ever! Hidden from the rest of us, somehow you manage to post something that sounds amazing and exciting every week. Both of these sound great, especially The Reposession! Heaven has a really cool concept though and I love the cover. Fab picks!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The Repossession sounds creepy, in a way that makes me want to read it :)

    I actually own a copy of the Norwegian translation of Heaven :D Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. THANKS SO MUCH FOR INTRODUCING ME TO BOTH THESE BOOKS!! =)
    They both sound amazing and so unique!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates