Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #30

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: Christi Daugherty
Release Date: January 5th 2012
Publisher: Atom
Add it: Goodreads
Sometimes school is murder.

Allie Sheridan's world is falling apart. She hates her school. Her brother has run away from home. And she's just been arrested.

Again.

This time her parents have finally had enough. They cut her off from her friends and send her away to a boarding school for problem teenagers.

But Cimmeria Academy is no ordinary school. Its rules are strangely archaic. It allows no computers or phones. Its students are an odd mixture of the gifted, the tough and the privileged. And then there's the secretive Night School, whose activities other students are forbidden even to watch.

When Allie is attacked one night the incident sets off a chain of events leading to the violent death of a girl at the summer ball. As the school begins to seem like a very dangerous place, Allie must learn who she can trust. And what's really going on at Cimmeria Academy.

Author: S.B Hayes
Release Date: March 1st 2012
Publisher: Quercus Books
Add it: Goodreads
An idle glance through the window of a bus changes everything for Katy Rivers.

A mysterious girl, with luminous green eyes, stares back and from that moment on she haunts Katy and appears to know her every move, even what she is thinking. What is the strange connection between them? And what is the power of the emerald pendant which the girl bestows on her?

‘I’m everything you’re not and I’m going to take over your life… I’m your worst nightmare.’

These chilling words mean that Katy is gradually backed into a corner, alienated from everyone she holds dear, even her own mother. Only her best friend Luke, keeps faith and together they must find a way to defeat the girl who is determined that she will be with Katy...even until death.

POISON HEART combines psychological suspense with teen romance and makes for a thoroughly chilling read.

Night School: I love books set in boarding schools. I love books set in boarding schools with deadly secrets even more. What goes in the Night School that make it so forbidden to watch? I can only imagine the disturbing/creepy kind of activities/rituals they might get up to - can't wait to see what Christi has in store for us!

Poison Heart: Oh this sounds so deliciously creepy! Who is this mysterious girl with a fixation on Katy? Or maybe the better question is... what is this girl? I love how the vines are wrapping themselves around her on the cover... like they're trapping her, dragging her under, becoming one with her... like the girl seems to want, to be with Katy until death. So, so intrigued by this!

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

26 comments:

  1. both of these look great!! Can't wait to check them out :)

    check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-13-illuminate.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGGGGHHHHH these both sound SO flipping awesome. I love thrillers. Just LOVE THEM. I neeeeds!! Books don't come fast enough -___-. I wish I could just be like "I want that" and it appears in front of me. *wishes*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bzzt!~ We both picked Night School! I think it sounds awesome, and I haven't heard of Poison Heart, so I just added it on my list! Great picks as always, Brodie!

    Here's my WoW:
    http://amaterasureads.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-62.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome picks this week Brodie! You always have books I've never heard about--which is great cos then I can add them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree I love reading books that are set in Boarding schools. Both these books sound awesome. Off to add them to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo...both of these sound perfect as creepy October reads. Too bad they're not out yet! I'd never heard of either one, so thanks for the heads up! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Night School sounded automatically creepy with the "No computer or phones." NOT MY TYPE OF PLACE AT ALL, haha. But summer ball? Yes, please! And Poison Heart... eeeks! That one really sounds intriguing. Thanks for always bringing new books to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'd never seen the second one before, they both look so creepy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not as intrigued by the first book, but I'm absolutely loving the summary for the second. They're both pretty creepy sounding, and totally going on my TBR.

    If you like, stop by and check out my WoW.

    Kim @ Book Munchies

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just added both books to my TBR. The covers are wonderful and the synopsis sounds really, really good!

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday: http://amandalynsbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Night School sounds so delicious. Hope it's a good secret! ;)

    Here's my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those both look really interesting and I want to check them out. I'm a fan of books set at boarding schools too. As for Poison Heart, it does sound extremely creepy and scary. It also leaves a lot to ponder, which is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both great picks love a good mystery and they both seem to offer up a lot of it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of these sound really interesting. I've actually seen Night School on someone else's WoW today and already added it to my to-read list. Sounds really good.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Carina @ Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm adding both of these to my goodreads. Great choices!! YAY!!!

    Also, I'm new and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your header.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh Night School sounds awesome!! Never heard of it before.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both of these are great choices and sound really awesome! I think I'm gonna add them to my TBR list right now!

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-7.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love books set in boarding schools too! One of my favourite settings for YA :P. And Poison Heart definitely does sound creepy, but I like it! Both of these look awesome, and I just added them to my to-read shelf on Goodreads :P. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i haven't heard of these but they look great!

    i follow you here!

    here's my WOW post! Stop by and let me know what your fav read has been so far this year!! I also posted a review of my WOW..so technically I guess I already finished with my waiting!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-review-of-pledge.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just saw the night school book in someone else's wow and i think i might check it out, great picks. Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  22. You always have books that I have never heard of. They are awesome. I am so excited to add Night School to my reading pile. Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. More books that I've never heard of that sound amazing :) I'll be adding both these to my wish list and anxiously awaiting their release.

    My WoW: http://bit.ly/qdTtuQ

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohhhhh, I've not heard of either of these! They both sound great. Definitely going on my to-read list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Okay, you had me at Night School because I love boarding schools too and I love mysteries! And ACTUAL mysteries where you have no idea what's going on until the end :D Poison heart sounds amazinngggg too :) seriouly creepy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates