Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #31

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: James Dawson
Release Date: February 2nd 2012
Publisher: Indigo Paperbacks
Add it: Goodreads
Lis London moves to Hollow Pike looking for a fresh start. She's intrigued by the town's sinister history of witchcraft, ritual and witchfinders. But when a fellow teen is murdered in the woods in what appears to be a ritual killing, Lis starts to wonder whether the witches are really history after all...Who is the mysterious figure caught on camera in the trees at the time of the murder? Could he be the killer? And do Lis's ominous nightmares of being murdered in the forest mean that she might be the next to die?



Author: Michael Grant
Release Date: February 28th 2012
Publisher: Egmont USA
Add it: Goodreads
The most breathtaking and exhilarating ride you will take this year, this is the first in an incredible new action thriller series from Michael Grant, author of "Gone". These are no ordinary soldiers. This is no ordinary war. Welcome to the nano, where the only battle is for sanity. Losing is not an option when a world of madness is at stake. Time is running out for the good guys. But what happens when you don't know who the good guys really are? Noah and Sadie: newly initiated to an underground cell so covert that they don't even know each other's names. Here they will learn what it means to fight on a nano level. Soon they will become the deadliest warriors the world has ever seen. Vincent: feels nothing, cares for no one; fighting his own personal battle with Bug Man, the greatest nano warrior alive. The Armstrong Twins: wealthy, privileged, and fanatical. Are they the saviours of mankind or authors of the darkest conspiracy the world has ever seen? The nano is uncharted territory. A terrifying world of discovery. And everything is to play for..

Hollow Pike: I really like the cover for this and it sort of has a creepy vibe going on. Witchcraft, rituals, killings and nightmares of your own murder? I am SO there!

BRZK: I'm sure many of you heard the buzz a few weeks around surrounding Michael Grant's new transmedia experience. I love the sound of BZRK and I think it'll be pretty cool that you become immersed in this creepy new world in both book form and online. Can't wait to see how it all plays out!

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

16 comments:

  1. Excellent choices, as per usual, my dear. I haven't heard of Hollow Pike but it sounds awesome. TSC is totally putting me in a witchcraft mood. :) And BZRK looks so intriguing! I'm definitely interested to see how this whole book/online thing works. Should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously? I live for your WoWs <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool picks this week! I've seen BZRK around, it looks pretty awesome. I love Michael Grant's Gone series! He always seems to write the creepiest books! I haven't heard of Hollow Pike though, but it definitely sounds interesting :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover for Hollow Pike is crazy AWESOME, wow. I'd snag it for that alone, but it sounds really cool too.

    While on Andie's blog I saw that you were hopefully going to get your copy of Mara Dyer soon...I'm so excited for you to read it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't actually seen the intro for Bzrk, but I'm always getting messages from it. It sounds awesome though

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard of Hollow Pike but I've never seen BRZK before! It looks so interesting! And it sounds freaking exciting! Definitely keeping a watch on that one! Great choices!

    Demi @ Only Somewhat Queer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these sound amazing, but am really very intrigued with Grants new series. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always have awesome choices! BZRK sounds really interesting :)

    http://flippingthroughthepages00.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some really different and unique choices. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog. Really like them a lot. Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! A New Michael Grant book? I had no idea! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW

    My Awesome Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hallow Pike sounds amazing, and looks very creepy. You always have such fun books, and usually I have never heard of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for commenting :) I loveee the covers too! Oh and by the way, I've done you a little shoutout on my "Blogs I Love" tab haha :) just thought I'd let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Michael Grant's new series sounds great! I haven't read the Gone series yet(the ones who's been released that it).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still have no idea what Bzrk is about, even after reading that summary :P. It sounds promising though. Love the look of Hollow Pike! Great picks :).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hollow Pike looks SO CREEPY O_O I'm going to read that one in broad daylight, thank you... Looking forward to it though ;) Witches are always fun.

    BZRK sounds so interesting... I don't know if I actually completely understand it but I can't wait for everything to be launched!

    PS: I GOT DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE <333

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates