Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #32

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: Andrew Fukuda
Release Date: May 2012
Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Add it: Goodreads
Seventeen-year-old Gene struggles to survive in a society where humans have been eaten to near extinction by the general population. When Gene is chosen to participate in the government-sponsored hunt for the remaining humans, he must learn the art of the hunt but also elude his fellow hunters whose suspicions about his true human nature are growing.

Author: Galaxy Craze
Release Date: May 8th 2012
Publisher: Poppy
Add it: Goodreads
In the year 2090, after the third world war has left the most developed of nations in ruin, England is a barren land. The last trees live in the courtyard of Buckingham Palace, food is rationed, oil has destroyed the oceans, poverty is at an all-time low and discontent is rising to a fever pitch. Hatred of the royals is strong and revolution lurks just around the corner.

The first strike came when Princess Eliza Windsor was just a little girl and her mother, the queen, fell victim to poison in the hands of a sneering young revolutionary, Cornelius Hollister. After many years of living in fear, Eliza is sixteen when Hollister strikes again, destroying her family even further, killing her father and kidnapping her older sister and younger brother, and forcing her to flee into London's dangerous streets.

With a mind for revenge and the safe recovery of her siblings - including her older sister, Mary, England's future queen - Eliza joins the rebel forces in disguise. Masquerading as a loyal member of the Tudor army, Eliza has her first taste of independence and it is here that she finds love... with the son of the man who would see her dead.

The Hunt: CREEPTASTIC!! Please tell me why the synopsis gives me a thrill. Okay, no, the idea of eating humans does not excite me (hello, vegan here!) but it sounds like such a scary world to live in. And will no doubt make for a thrilling, intense, terrifying novel. I know a lot of people compare dystopian novels to the likes of The Hunger Games - but it sort of does remind you of it, doesn't it? Not the eating part, but the hunt against humans sponsored by none other than the government. I am going to LOVE this!

The Last Princess: Another dystopian! Must be the theme of the day. Very excited for this one also. I love the whole starcrossed lovers, girl/boy on opposite sides, forbidden temptation, all that deliciously exciting stuff. It sounds like it will be a dangerous ride for poor Eliza, pretending to be part of the enemy ranks, but hopefully an edge-of-your-seat journey for the reader!

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

15 comments:

  1. These both sound amazing!! Especially the first one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Last Princess sounds AWESOME! I will be adding it to my tbr pile!!

    check out my waiting on wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday-15-dark-companion.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh finally, The Hunt has a cover! I heard from someone at S&S that this one is a "great book". And I was supposed to pick The Last Princess today, but I switched to contemps. Awesome picks as always, Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, yeah, I need to get my hands on these both ASAP. They definitely like books I'd devour in one sitting. WAAAAAAAAAANT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am super excited for The Hunt! Looks brilliant <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Last Princess looks (and sounds) awesome. As always you have choices I've never seen before, and I am adding more books to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sounds of The Hunt! Awesome cover too. =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Book set in London, woo! Clearly it will be awesome ;). Love the sound of it! Plus, awesome cover. As for The Hunt...I'm officially creeped out. Eating humans...that's scary. I don't know whether I could read that book and not have nightmares! Great picks (as usual), Brodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really the only thing I noticed about the first book was the line '..humans have been eaten'. What's up with that!?
    Haven't heard of either of these but they are definitely going on the tbr list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brodie you always have to most amazing WoW picks! I love the sound of both of them.

    I'm a bit concerned that a vegan like you is thrilled by the prospect of a book where humans are being eaten LOL ;)

    The Last Princess sounds like a great blend of dystopi mixed with inspiration from the intriguing Royal history of England.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of these sound really great! Thanks for sharing, I'm definitely excited to check these out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo, I haven't heard of THE HUNT, but it looks pretty interesting! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both look amazing and I haven't heard of any of these two! The Hunt's cover really draws me in though. It has that mystery vibe that I like. Great picks, Brodie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates