Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #33

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: Jen Calonita
Release Date: April 10 2012
Publisher: Poppy
Add it: Goodreads
Fifteen-year-old Isabelle Scott loves her less-than-charmed life by the boardwalk on the wrong side of the tracks in North Carolina, but when a social worker must place her to live with a long-lost uncle and his preppy privileged family, she's taken away from everything she's ever known.

Unfortunately, inserting Isabelle into the glamorous lifestyle of Emerald Cove doesn't go so well. Cousin Mirabelle Monroe isn't thrilled to share her life with an outsider, and, she is ready to pull her hair out of her head over all the rumors and backstabbing that lurk beneath their classmates' Southern charm about her new family member. Like each other or not, Izzie and Mira are going to learn to get along, especially when they learn a life-changing secret that will turn both their worlds upside down. 

 Author: Sarah Singleton
Release Date: 29th March 2012
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Add it: Goodreads
Ellie is staying with her maternal grandparents for the summer, while her recently bereaved dad takes off on holiday with his new girlfriend. Upset by his apparent callousness, missing her mother, and jealous for her dad's attention, she begins to spiral into depression. Her grandparents suggest she joins a local theatre group, to meet people her own age and get away from the dark thoughts that threaten to engulf her. But then she gets roped into a seance at the theatre, and is the only one who actually sees a real ghost. Now a spirit is contacting her from beyond the grave - and as the dead boy's story unfolds, Ellie finds herself falling in love with him. But if she solves his mystery and helps release his soul, will he be lost to her forever?

Belles: There's something I found so appealing about those stories where the character gets thrust into a lifestyle so alien to what they're used to. I love seeing them have to adapt and the complications that are certain to follow. And what deep, dark secret will the girls learn that will affect both their lives? Oooh, intrigued!

Dark Storm: It had me at 'seance'. What can I say, I'm sucker for a ghost story! And such an impossible scenario - if Ellie helps set his soul free, she'll lose the boy she's fallen in love with. I love me a complicated romance.

What are you waiting on this week?

14 comments:

  1. Lovin' the book covers. Thanks for sharing. Haven't heard much about these two books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you always have awesome WoW picks, Brodie? They both sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, pretty books! Looking forward to Dark Storm!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both these sound great! I'm a sucker for a ghost story, but always worried with the ones involving falling in love with a 'ghost' still sounds good though, I'll have to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I love the look of Belle! Dark Storm sounds pretty good as well. Thanks for putting these on my radar, Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I really love the look and sound of Belles. It resonates with me because of my experience as a social worker placing children. Very unfortunate outcomes occur sometimes.

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  7. DARK STORM! It looks soo good! I love ghost stories, especially when there's some kind of forbidden love aspect. Belles looks pretty good too, and I love the cover. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want Dark Storm!!!! It sounds amazing and the cover is just incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dark Storm sounds great but also very much like Hereafter by Tara Hudson only in that novel the ghost is a girl. Couldn't quite connect with the story in Hereafter but Dark Storm might be an excellent ghost/love story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They both sounds great. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. these look great! Deff excited about the second one! :)

    I am a follower here! hope you'll stop by my blog and follow me, and let me know what you think of my WOW post! :)

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dark Storm sounds too amazing and I LOVE the cover! :) And oh Belles comes out on my birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh, these are both new to me! And both sound really awesome. :) Thanks for putting them on my radar! I must add them to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belles looks good! I used to write a bunch of short stories with that theme LOL. I'm curious about that 'life-changing secret' that will make them band together.

    Dark Storm looks really interesting! I love how you can see that face in the background... very ghost-like.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates