Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #34

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: Alexander Gordon Smith
Release Date: April 5th 2012
Publisher: Faber & Faber
Add it: Goodreads
Imagine if one day, without warning, the entire human race turns against you.

Every single person you meet becomes a bloodthirsty, mindless savage, hell-bent on killing you – and only you.

Friends, family, even your mum and dad, will turn on you. They will murder you.

And when they have, they will go back to their lives as if nothing has happened.

The world has the Fury. It will not rest until you are dead.


Cal, Brick and Daisy are three ordinary teenagers whose lives suddenly take a terrifying turn for the worst. They begin to trigger a reaction in everybody they meet, one that makes friends and strangers alike turn rabid whenever they are close. One that makes people want to tear them to pieces

Cal and the other victims of the Fury – the ones that survive – manage to locate each other. But just when they think they have found a safe place to hide from the world, some of them begin to change...

They must fight to uncover the truth about the Fury before it's too late. But it is a truth that will destroy everything they know about life and death.


Author: Sarah Alderson
Release Date: January 5th 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Add it: Goodreads
What happens when you discover you aren't who you thought you were? And that the person you love is the person who will betray you? If your fate is already determined, can you fight it?

When Evie Tremain discovers that she’s the last in a long line of Demon slayers and that she’s being hunted by an elite band of assassins –Shapeshifters, Vampires and Mixen demons amongst them – she knows she can’t run. They’ll find her wherever she goes. Instead she must learn to stand and fight.

But when the half-human, half-Shadow Warrior Lucas Gray - is sent to spy on Evie and then ordered to kill her before she can fulfil a dangerous prophecy, their fates become inextricably linked. The war that has raged for one thousand years between humans and demons is about to reach a devastating and inevitable conclusion. Either one or both of them will die before this war ends.

If your life becomes bound to another’s, what will it take to sever it?

The Fury: Um, WHOA. How amazing does this sound? So creepy and intense and holy crap. I haven't read Alexander's Lockdown series yet (although I've seen some gushing reviews for it), but I am DEFINITELY getting my greedy paws on this come release date!

Fated: I'm sure many of you already have this on your wishlists (and if you don't: WHY NOT?!).  I loved Sarah's first novel, Hunting Lila, so couple my love of Sarah's writing with another ridiculously awesome plot and HELLO NEW OBSESSION. Slayers? Vamps, shifters and demons? Fate? Starcrossed love? Epic wars? And THIS?! Well. I'm just a... little bit excited.

What are you waiting on?

24 comments:

  1. i am psyched about 'fated' as well <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely adding The Fury to my wish list. It sounds awesome! And it's by the author of my absolute FAVORITE book (you really must read Lockdown, it's amazing).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot WAIT for Fated! I loved Hunting Lila to pieces and cannot wait to find out what happens in Fated after the teaser chapter I read in Lila!!

    Fury sounds great also!

    -Kate
    My WoW: http://www.nomaliciousreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mind. Will. Be. Blown. By both of these... I'm sure of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound so great! I'm especially excited for Fated. I'm totally anxious to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Fury sounds intense and Fated...I am positive Sarah will deliver with her awesome again. WANT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great pick!! =9 This book is totally new to me! ^_^ just dicovered it today =9 great pick!

    My WOW
    http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/11/oh-my-lord-when-i-saw-this-cover-last.html

    Check out my giveaway! 3 winners and 12 hot YA titles from where you can choose from! ^_^
    http://dazzlingreads.blogspot.com/2011/10/autumn-giveaway.html

    Take care and happy reading! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've actually never heard of the series or the author. Sound pretty interesting though. Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is why I love blog hopping so I can find out what books other bloggers/readers are excited about. And these 2 just entered my wishlist as of today. Great picks! ;)

    Here's my WoW entry for this week if you'd like to visit:

    http://thetravelingreader.wordpress.com/2011/11/02/waiting-on-wednesday-3/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sound of The Fury actually reminds me a lot of Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts, which is a really good apocalyptic novel. :)

    Fated sounds amazing! I'll definitely need to add this to my to-read list right now! :D

    Thanks for sharing,
    Carina @ Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look and sound pretty creepy!


    Feel free to check out my WOW
    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Fury sounds great, especially with the twist about the survivors themselves changing.

    Sally @ Bibrary Book Lust

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cover for Fated is SO AWESOME. And it just sounds amazing. Can't actually wait to read it, I need it now! And really like the sound of The Fury - it reminds me a little of Dark Inside, which I loved - looking forward to it! Great picks, as usual :P.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait for Fated I just finished Hunting Lila and Sarah is an amazing author!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always pick the best books! Hadn't heard of the first but it sounds great, similar to Dark Inside maybe, and ofc Fated sounds fantastic

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  16. If The Fury is as crazy as Lockdown was it will be AWESOME. I haven't read Hunting Lila *hides* suppose I should? Demon slayers are win though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Fury sound sufficiently creeptastic, so much so I got a few chills. I can't imagine my whole family flipping out on me, wanting to KILL me. That's crazysauce. And Fated, like I said to another blogger, I'm wary of the 'I-love-you-but-must-betray-you,' I don't know it just never ends well for me. I haven't read Hunting Lila, either, Laura, *sighs* but I have a feeling I have something else to add to my to-read pile.

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, and your layout is amazeballs. Seriously very pretty. One of the first things I noticed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The covers alone give me goosebumps.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah! I've not heard of either of these before! Both sound pretty awesome though. Thanks for putting them on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my.. *gasps* The Fury sounds absolutely awesome!!! It does remind me a bit of Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts though. Killing spree, blood, fury, things that make you shiver. ;)

    Fated, of course is already in my wishlist! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates