Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #35

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: Elizabeth Fama
Release Date: August 21st 2012
Publisher: Farrar Straus Girroux
Add it: Goodreads
Monstrous mermaids, ghosts, and a century-old curse feature in this beautifully crafted, compulsively readable thriller.

In 1872, mermaid Syrenka falls in love with a young naturalist. When she abandons her life underwater for a chance at happiness on land, she is unaware that this decision comes with horrific and deadly consequences.

One hundred thirty years later, seventeen-year-old Hester meets a mysterious stranger and feels drawn to him in a way she can't explain or resist. For generations, love and death have been inextricably linked for the women in her family. Is it an undiagnosed genetic defect...or a curse? Hester's investigation of her family's strange, sad history leads her to the graveyard, the crypt, and the bottom of the ocean--but powerful forces will do anything to keep her from uncovering her connection to Syrenka and to the tragedy of long ago.

Author: T.M Goeglein
Release Date: July 24th 2012
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Add it: Goodreads
Sara Jane Rispoli is just a normal sixteen-year-old girl coping with school and a developing crush— until her parents and younger brother are kidnapped, and she discovers her family has been a key figure of Chicago’s Outfit (aka the mob) for decades. Her father, grandfather and great grandfather all used their special ability, cold fury, to settle disputes between the two mob factions—the muscle and the money. And unless Sara wants the mob to think her now missing family has turned state’s evidence, she will have to fill her father’s shoes as the mob’s peacemaker, using her own cold fury.


Monstrous Beauty: The title alone captures your attention, doesn't it? Then you look at the gorgeous cover. Then discover it's about MERMAIDS. GHOSTS. CURSES. 1800's. I AM SO EXCITED. What a ridiculously awesome combination of elements, I cannot flipping wait.

Cold Fury: THE MOB. Okay, so I find something crazy fascinating reading about that in a YA novel. Especially when it involves a 16 year old girl. Becoming the mob's peacemaker. Oh yeah, I sense plenty of action, danger and high-stakes ahead. July, please hurry.

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

36 comments:

  1. Eeeeeh! Mermaids! My WOW this week also features them! :D Great pick!

    Check out my WOW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mermaids but I’ve never read any YA mermaid books! However Monstrous Beauty sounds totally freaking AWESOME! And I love that her name’s Syrenka!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monstrous Beauty sounds amazing!!! I haven't heard of it before but it is being added to my tbr pile!!

    check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-18-last-princess.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. that cold fury one looks amazing!!

    I have a couple WOW picks this week! :) stop by?!

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I am really excited about Cold Fury as well.

    My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear, you have the best WoW picks ever, Brodie! I haven't heard of these two books at all! Great picks, evil twin sister! :)

    Check out my Wow picks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More sirens! so amazing! love those covers, specially the siren one ^^

    Happy reading!
    ~❤~Dazzling Reads~❤~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brodie, both of these sound amazing! Especially Monstrous Beauty! Cold Fury sounds awesome too but I'm seriously intrigued by the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mermaids!!! I love Mermaids! Great picks new follower. http://moiraethefatesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow both these titles sound amazing for very different reasons. Definitely adding these to my wish list. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Monstrous Beauty sounds very good! The cover is unique, which I like it a lot. It's about mermaid!! Great pick! Thank you for sharing.

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh! Both books look so amazing! I'm glad they have a while before they come out though, so many brilliant books to be reading in the mean time. hehe!

    Thanks for sharing Brodie!

    Faye
    A Daydreamer's Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Monstrous Beauty is very intriguing! Thanks for featuring it, will totally add this on my waiting list!
    Awesome pick!
    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, we can be best friends now*lol* I looooove mermaids, all things mermaid. And then a mermaid tale SET IN THE VICTORIAN ERA! Gah! Can't wait for that! And Cold Fury looks like it could kick my ass xD

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gahhh! I can't wait for these two!!!!! Both covers are really cool and the way these two novels sound are wayy cooler. Great picks, Brodi! :D

    My WoW

    Guen @ Ezine of a Random Girl
    If you don't mind checking out, there's a contest to win a signed copy of Nightshade by Maryrose Wood

    ReplyDelete
  16. They both look very intriguing...I think my favorite would be Cold Fury. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great picks! Cold Fury sounds great!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  18. Monstrous Beauty's cover is stunning. <3
    They actually both sound pretty good. You always have amazing picks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brodie where are you getting these awesome books that you post in WoW week after week after week?? I totally love both of these!! Cold Fury looks and sounds kickass. Monstrous Beauty is...ugly pretty, pretty in a very, very inhuman way. Love it!!

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ok so Cold Fury? I NEED IT RIGHT NAO. It looks like the novel we've all been waiting for :P

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't think I've seen the cover for MONSTROUS BEAUTY yet! While I don't like the font color choice, She looks perfect! I love that she's on the rocks and that her hair covers her front. Most of all, I lke the scaly ridge at the side of her tail, which is so unusual, as well as the way her tail is edged with dots!

    I want to read this so, so much!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mermaids sounds like an interesting read, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't read any mermaid series but I need to start, it sounds great. I'm a new follower =) Here is my WOW if you'd like to stop by http://creativereads.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html
    -Shellie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome picks! I haven't heard about them before, but I'm so adding them to my never ending TBR list! Mermaids, ghosts, curses, 1800s, GORGEOUS cover? SOLD! And oh my, Cold Fury's cover looks so fierce! I love mob in my YA books as well. This book must be full of badassery!:))

    ReplyDelete
  25. MERMAIDS! It seems like books about them have kept popping up but I have yet to read one. I should get on that asap!

    P.S. I wish I could have taken you to Vegas! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh these both sound awesome! I really like mermaids and ghosts, so Monstrous Beauty is definitely one I'm gonna be looking out for. Cold Fury looks great too - that cover is so cool! Great picks :).

    ReplyDelete
  27. MERMAIDS and THE EFFIN' MOB!?! You always pick the most BOMB books for your WoWs!! These both sound super freaking fantastic! Def adding both of them to my TBR!! Thanks fellow member of da B-Crew! :P

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like a good ghost story. Great picks. Happy reading :) Love your blog banner.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Woah, you're so right! Monstrous Beauty obv. has the BEST supernatural combo ever.

    There is no way I would skip over a YA book about the mob. The MOB!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful cover for the Mermaid book. Me want to read that one. Excellent pick.

    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  31. How awesome do both of these look?!? Brodie you always manage to find books I've never heard of--totally brilliant girl!

    Here's my WOW if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Loving the mermaids!! Awesome pick :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. LIKE SERIOUSLY?! Get outtaaa here!!!! Why do you always find the MOST AMAZING BOOKS EVVVVEEERRRR. *squeals* *Dances* I love Brodie's blog *dances some more*

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hmmm, I've not heard of either of these before! I love getting new books to add to my list. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. THE MOB. Yep, enough reason to read that!
    And I love the oxymoron (look at me with fancy words!) in Monstrous Beauty. Makes it even more intriguing. I always find new books from your WoW picks :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates