Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #36

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)


Author: Gina Rosati
Release Date: August 7th 2012
Publisher: Roaring Book Press
Add it: Goodreads
On the surface, there’s nothing remarkable about Anna Rogan: She gets average grades, she’s not especially fashionable, she spends most of her time just hanging out with her best friend Rei. But Anna does have a remarkable secret: she has the ability to do astral projection. She uses her out-of-body experiences to explore the universe, until one day when there’s an accident at school and her classmate Taylor gets into her body. Now Taylor’s using her new identity to accuse an innocent boy of murder and she shows no signs of leaving Anna’s body. The only person who knows Anna’s secret is Rei, and as her feelings for Rei grow she must face a future where they can never touch...unless they can get find a way to get Taylor out of Anna’s body, stop the murder trial, and discover the true nature of Anna’s power.

Author: Sarah Beth Durst
Release Date: Septemebr 11th 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Add it: Goodreads
In a desert land where serpents made of unbreakable glass fly through the sky and wolves made of only sand hunt within storms, Liyana is destined to be a vessel, to sacrifice herself so that her clan's goddess can inhabit her body... but her goddess never comes.








Auracle: This sounds incredible! I've always been fascinated by astral projection, so it really excites me to see this element used in a YA novel. I'm curious to see how the narration will work, as Taylor is trapped inside Anna's body.... using it for means none too good. We have a murder mystery, astral projection and a complicated romance? I love.

Vessel: I have one of Sarah's novel, Drink Slay Love, which I'll be reading soon, but I'm SUPER excited for her second YA fantasy! Wow, Vessel sounds fascinating. Serpants made of unbreakable glass? That can fly? And wolves made of sand? I am... intrigued. There's not a whole lot to go on with the synopsis, but it's enough to peak my interest and really, anything with gods or goddesses and I'm hooked.

What are you waiting on?

32 comments:

  1. Auracle sounds awesome. I really liked Drink Slay Love so I will probably read Vessel on that alone. Great selections as well. Always so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for these books! Gah! So many great reads coming our way next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you know that Sarah Beth Durst has published novels before DRINK SLAY LOVE, like ICE and ENCHANTED IVY. Thanks for featuring VESSEL though - it's been flying under my radar all this time. It's the first time I've seen it!

    And, of course, AURACLE. Yeah, the cover is just GORGEOUS, and I love the premise so much! I love mysteries with supernatural elements and all of that stuff. It's all good, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw Vessel on Goodreads and can I just say WOAH! awesome picks as usual, Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vessel and Auracle have such gorgeous covers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa! vessel sounds amazing

    here are my WOW picks! stop by?!?!
    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. #FAILBRODIE. Thanks, Cass! I'm aware of Ice and Enchanted Ivy, but it stupidly didn't click that she was the author. I fixed up my post now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Auracle is definitely my kind of read. Definitely a must have for my growing reading list. The cover for Vessel is gorgeous and sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both books sound very good. I will have to look for them when they come out. =]
    Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cr-! I love the look and sound of Vessel. Thank YOU once again for sharing your brilliant discoveries with us. I don't get to surf the net that much anymore so it really helps! :) We're both looking forward to Auracle! <3 the vibe it's giving off! Great picks, Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok SERIOUSLY, how do you keep coming up with books that I've never heard of before? I don't understand!

    And both of these look AMAZING, as usual. The astral projection thing sounds aweeeeesome. So are Anna and Taylor BOTH in her body? Reminds me a little of the Host in that sense. Can't wait!

    And oh my, Vessel! Between that description and the cover, I'm salivating! It sounds fantastic.

    Excellent choices, Brodie!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Auracle sounds very good! I like the cover. Great pick! Thank you for sharing!

    New follower.

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  14. Auracle COVER love!!


    Feel free to check out my WOW
    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay so I am IN LOVE with Vessel. The cover is amazing, the story line is amazing. This seems like a book I would preorder!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Auracle sounds awesome! I love the cover!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've already added Auracle to my to-read list, but I haven't heard of Vessel before. But it sounds awesome! Totally adding it to my to-read list right now. Thanks for sharing!

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my wow, I love the cover of VESSEL! I've never seen it before. You're so great at putting new books on my radar, Brodie :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fab picks this week! I'm hard-pressed to choose a favorite out of the two. Thanks for sharing!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  20. First time seeing both books! totally adding them on my reading pile :)

    Awesome picks!
    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both of these books sound awesome!

    New Follower :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  22. Two great choices!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Once again awed by your ability to pick amazing books Brodie!! Hadn't heard of either of these before and love the sound of both of them!! Great choices

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gah! I want Vessel! I just finished Drink Slay Love which was so funny and great. This sounds totally different!! Love when an author can do that.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So looking forward to Auracle, it sounds amazing :). And love the cover of Vessel! Really liked Drink, Slay, Love - so very intrigued. Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ahh yes, Auracle looks so awesome!!! I love that cover!! Great pick!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  27. Auracle was one of my WoW picks last week! Love the cover and I'm interested to see how the premise is handled. Astral projection isn't something that's been done much in YA so that'll be different. And Vessel I just found out about the other day - I have to say I really love that cover! The colour combinations are unusual for a YA cover but so warm and rich.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I was saying I needed to find a YA novel about astral projection like last month and now I find this! :) Can't wait!

    Vessel sounds fantaaaastic, and even though DSL is obviously a different tone, I liked Sarah's writing style. I hope I don't learn anything else about the book until I read it! I prefer to be kept mostly in the dark when it comes to fantasy. Also, how gorgeous is that cover?

    ReplyDelete
  29. HOW do you find all these without me knowing?!!? The eff?! You always find bomb books! <3

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm OBSESSED with reading about astral projection! That is seriously awesome!! I can not wait for this to be relased yayyyy! I also already have Vessel in my TBR list and it comes out on my Dad's birthday! Hahaha wowww "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD" "What is this?" "Oh? You don't like it? That's too bad...."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates