Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #37

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: Rachel Carter
Release Date: July 10th 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins
Add it: Goodreads
So Close to You brims with the compelling “what if” mysteries surrounding The Time Traveler’s Wife and all of the the action and creepy government experiments of The Maze Runner—and, in a new twist, presents a piercing look at a dark period in history and imagines what changes could have produced an utterly different world...and what one girl would do to stop it.

Lydia Bentley has heard stories about the Montauk Project all her life: stories about the experiments that took place at the abandoned military base near her home and the people who’ve disappeared over the years. When she stumbles into a vessel that transports her to a dangerous and strange new reality, Lydia realizes that all the stories she’s ever heard about the Montauk Project are true—and that she’s in the middle of one of the most dangerous experiments in history.

Alongside Wes, a darkly mysterious boy whom she is wary to trust, Lydia begins to unravel the secrets surrounding the project. But the truths behind these secrets force her to question all her choices. And if Lydia chooses wrong, she might not save her family but destroy them...and herself. 

Author: Wesley King
Release Date: June 14th 2012
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Add it: Goodreads
Led by the sinister Baron, the Vindico are a group of super villains who have been fighting against the League of Heroes for as long as they can remember. The Vindico kidnap a group of teenagers and train them to be the next generation. Mysteriously arriving at the Baron’s mansion together, James, Lana, Hayden, Emily and Sam are forced to train with their mentors and given powers beyond their wildest dreams. While struggling to uncover the motives of this evil group, the teens learn to trust each other and even form friendships. They plan to rebel against their mentors as soon as they are deemed ready to fight against the League of Heroes, but then they learn things may not be as cut-and-dry as they seem: both in their new roles and in their outside lives.

So Close To You: Most dangerous experiment in history? See, when they use words like that, they're just begging for test subjects. So intrigued by this!! The Montauk Projectis sure to present a lot of questions, a lot of secrets and a heck of a lot of awesomeness. Add in a darkly mysterious boy and I am very much desperate for this book.

The Vindico: SUPERHEROES! What? I like superheroes and villains! Who doesn't? Oh.... you? Well, you're obviously one of the evil Baron's minions then and don't want the real story to get out. Me and my badss superhero friends are onto you.... Anyway, I'm really excited for this! LOVE the idea of this in a YA novel.

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

31 comments:

  1. OMG where do you find these amazing books week after week!? *flails* I love The Maze Runner series and So Close to You is giving me good vibes. Dangerous secret experiments, some kind of time travel and a little romance. YES PLZ.
    And yes superheroes! Or POWERS! EVIL powers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of either of these before and they both sound totally fabulous. I love books about alternate realities and I really love books about super heroes (and like books about villains even more...) so onto the wishlist they go. :D Also, do you find it at all amusing or ironic that we have Wes the character in the first book, and then an author named Wesley writing the other? Great choices. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of either, but they both sound great! Awesome choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. JESUS MOTHER OF JOSEPH!!! These both sound amazing!! <33 and we know basically all Harper books are bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, so close to you does look interesting. I haven't read the Maze Runner of Time Travelers Wife though. I love the red hair on the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! So close to You sounds fantastic! I think I'm liking time travel stories! :) Love the dramatic cover by the way! I read a really god superhero-ish novel in 2010 and I'm thirsting for more! I'm with you there. <3 superheroes especially if they're so damn goodlooking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh The Vindico sounds particularly interesting, here's mine
    http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both books look totally awesome. The Vindico look amazing. I love superheroes. Adding it on my goodreads. Thanks for sharing, now I can't wait til June. =]
    Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. DUDE. I'd totes want to be kidnapped by the Vindico! Are you kidding me!?! Villains are totally HOT these days! And do you know how many sexy bad boys would be in the group!?!? O_O YEAH, a LOT! SQUEE! Where's the best place to get napped? :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Close To You sounds awesome. I can even hear the song (Close to You) playing when I read the summary. Yep, I'm weird. Oh, and The Vindico sounds like the Rise of Renegade X! Great picks, Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will NEVER miss your WoW posts anymore. Where did you find these 2 goodies??? These just scream awesome! And I haven't seen anyone featuring these yet so +1 million points to you, Brodie. ^_^

    Hope you can visit my WoW post this week:

    http://thetravelingreader.wordpress.com/2011/11/23/waiting-on-wednesday-5/

    - Mauie from The Traveling Reader

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeeee! Both of these sound awesome Brodie!! And the cover of So Close to You is to die for! Thanks for putting these books on my radar!

    Here's what I'm Waiting On this Wednesday!

    Sammie <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks :)
    First time I've ever heard of both of them :)


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  14. So Close to You sounds awesome! I had not even heard of The Vindico before. It sounds like it could be really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh I never knew about these books since today. Awesome feature.

    My WoW pick

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, I LOVE the cover for So Close To You! <3 redheads on covers.

    Thank you so much for your comment, you cracked me up! Stalking you right back. OMG, you know vegans have super powers, right? You're definitely a super-blogger XD

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How do you actually find these? I know I've asked this before, but SERIOUSLY. Do you have some kind of awesome-book-finding power? Or do you not sleep and spend the nights scouring the internet? These both sound awesome. So Close to You has a "darkly mysterious boy" (you know how I like those ;]) and an amazing cover, and The Vindico looks soooooooooooo good. I love superhero/villain books! :P Great picks! Of course :).

    P.S. Sorry for the double comment...I hit post before I finished writing...:D

    ReplyDelete
  19. So Close To You has officially been added to my wish list. Sounds super good, and THAT COVER. Wow, that cover rocked my socks off so much that they ended up China.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brodie, I think you have found an "unofficial rival" in Sarah of Head Stuck in a Book. :D

    Oh, how my head spins with your wonderful picks every week. Keep up the terrific job you guys are doing. My wish list and I appreciate it very much. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhhh, I love the cover for So Close to You! It must go on my list! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Brodie!

    O.M.G. Your choices just ROCK. They are absolutely mind-blowing!!! How did you hear about these books? I'm SO putting them right on my Goodreads TBR shelf!!!!! Thanks for featuring them!!!!! : )

    I just became a follower, by the way.

    Here's my WOW post:

    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday-20.html?showComment=1322105842886#c5759321489292805711

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow...where do you find all these upcoming releases?!?! I've never heard of either of them, but I'm adding both to my wishlist now!! Ooohh Superheroes!! Definitely a must read! Awesome picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, again, Brodie!

    Thank you so much for commenting and following back!!!! : )


    Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yeah, repeating what Liz said, HOW do you find these?? you always pick the best books. First one looks amazing

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  26. So Close to You sounds really different and the cover is very eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great discoveries, Brodie. I'm adding both of them. The Vindico description reminds of a bad kind of X-Men :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates