Wednesday, December 28, 2011

12 Most Anticipated Books of 2012!

Lists are hard. Really hard. How am I supposed to narrow down my most anticipated of 2012 to... JUST 12?!?! What kind of insane person sets themselves such a limit? There are so many incredible books being released next year, these are just a sample of what I'm salivating for.

I'll also be doing a Top 11 of 2011 post and a shorter post of the 2012 books I've read that I'm demanding YOU read next year. Because they're freaking amazing. Anywho, in no particular order of awsomeness. Okay, except perhaps Insurgent, since I clearly state it's my #1...


Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Released: May 1st 2012 by HarperCollins
Add it: Goodreads

Possibly my most anticipated book of 2012. I DEVOURED Divergent (more than once). Veronica blew me away with such a thrilling, action-packed, jaw-dropping debut, so anything she has planned with Insurgent to top that.... oh boy. I'm not sure I'm prepared. Plus, FOUR!




The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
Released: April 24th 2012 by HarlequinTEEN
Add it: Goodreads

Having recently become a Julie Kagawa fangirl, I'm pretty much frothing at the mouth for ANY new novel she writes. But this sounds freaking BRILLIANT.  Who said vampires have lost their bite? They're about to make a groundbreaking mark in dystopia with Julie at the helm.





The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
Released: June 19th 2012 by Penguin
Add it: Goodreads
It's a Richelle Mead novel. With Adrian Ivashkov. Seriously? I need to explain this? I absolutely loved the new story Richelle brought to Bloodlines and if there's anything I've learnt from her books, it's they get better and better as the series progresses. More dhampirs? Strigoi? Alchemists? Adrian? YES PLEASE!





The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda
Released: May 10th by St. Martin's Press /
May 10th by Simon & Schuster UK/AU
Add it:
Goodreads

WHOA. This sounds like such a creepy, creepy, creepy amazing dystopian novel. Plus the awesome Caroline at Simon & Schuster Australia has been gushing about this and I trust her fantastic taste in books, so...IS IT MAY YET?!

 


Fated by Sarah Alderson
Released: January 5th 2012 by Simon & Schuster
Add it: Goodreads

Did you miss the part where it said 'Sarah Alderson'? That's a two word excuse to read any book. I loved Hunting Lila, so I know Sarah won't disappoint. Plus Fated sounds all kinds of badass and yeah, maybe I totally want to meet the sexy Lucas :)



 
Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
Released: May 8th 2012 by Farra, Straus and Girroux
Add it: Goodreads

Does that cover not scream power?  I'd buy it for the pretty, but the synopsis has me... well... STRUCK by it's awesomeness. The heroine is a lightening addict. A LIGHTENING ADDICT. That's insane. And thrilling. I am so fascinated. And there are Doomsday cults. And an alluring boy who may not be trustworthy. ARE YOU SOLD YET?



Revived by Cat Patrick
Released:  May 8th 2012 by Egmont/Hardie Grant
Add it: Goodreads

Yet another author who has fast become a favourite of mine this year. Cat's debut novel, Forgotten, has permanently carved a place in my heart *happy sigh* So naturally I'm intrigued by her newest offering... which has PEOPLE COMING BACK FROM THE DEAD. No, not zombies. Sinister government agencies. OOOH mysterious!!


 
Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama
Released: August 21st 2012 by Farrar, Straus and Girroux
Add it: Goodreads

Mermaids. Ghosts. Curses. IN THE ONE NOVEL. Three words and I'm HOOKED. The gorgeous cover also helps. I also love how the past/present seem to collide. This book has such a fascinating combination of elements that have the potential to form a standout novel of 2012.

Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
Released: August 7th 2012 by St. Martin's Press
Add it: Goodreads

Implanted computer chips in humanity. Thoughts replaced by a 'network' feed. And then the heroine malfunctions and starts to feel her OWN thoughts... you know, act like a freaking human being, not a controlled robot. I LOVE the premise for this. Throw in some supernatural abilities and... *cries* WHYY is it not out until August?!




Wrecked by Anna Davies
Relased:  May 1st 2012 by Simon & Schuster
Add it: Goodreads

Alright, let's just start with the glaringly obvious: SEXY COVER!!! Verrry hot. If you enlarge it, are they very faint scales on his chest? I swear that's the only reason I was looking so closely...... Anyway, mermaids! I think 2012 is the year of the mermaid.




Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Released: March  2012 by HarperTeen / Hodder & Stoughton
Add it: Goodreads

WHATKINDOFPERSONLEAVESUSWITHACLIFFHANGERLIKETHAT?! Yeah, with the way Delirium ended, I am desperate to see what's going to happen next! And Lauren Oliver has such gorgeous prose. Both Delirium and Before I Fall were such beautiful novels <3





So Close To You by Rachel Carter
Released: July 10th 2012 by HarperCollins
Add it: Goodreads

Time travel! Creepy government experiments! Messing with history! Darkly mysterious boy! It had me at 'time travel', anything else is just sadistically trying to make me faint. This sounds amazing and I love the stormy cover!





What books are you willing to sell your soul to read in 2012? 
 Seriously, please tell me, I'm making lists of souls to steal. Muahahaha. *scours blogosphere for the pretty, sparkly, innocent ones*


I removed the cover for Glitch, because I don't think it's been 'officially' released. I saw it on another blog and Goodreads, but it's since been taken down from Goodreads. So I just want to play it safe!

16 comments:

  1. Glitch and The Hunt both sound AH-MAZ-ING! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pandemonium, Fever, Mara Dyer #2, Insurgent, The Immortal Rules, and so so so many more. I am going insane waiting for all these amazing books.

    Revived sounds amazing too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. I want so many of these. Insurgent is definitely worthy of that number one spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want ALL THE BOOKS you listed. Please. Whenever you see them...just buy two copies and ship one to me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Insurgent is my number 1 too - cannot wait! I need more Tris and Four. Really looking forward to Fated and Struck too, they both sound brilliant! And of course Pandemonium... Excited about Wrecked too (love the cover :P). Awesome list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brodie!! All of these are on my list! ;D And Glitch! Didn't know the cover was out - it will be in Dystopian Domination 2! See you there! Hmm..I'm looking forward to all of these and Born Wicked (have it), Everneath, Stormdancer (dystopian with Japanese mythology - and will also be in Dystopian Domination 2), Hemlock (werewolves!), The Lost Code, sequel of Tangled Tides, Elemental (from Spencer Hill Press), sequel of Bloodspell, Goddess Interrupted, Fever, sequel of The Survivors, Arise, Spark by Amy Kathleen Ryan, Fated by Alyson Noelle and more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the glitch covgrit's pretty
    yep that's my weish list aswell mostly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome list! I still need to read Divergent, and SOON! I am so looking forward to Julie Kagawa's new series. She's amazing! :) So many great books next year, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every single book is perfect for the list! I am dying for Pandemonium, The Immortal Rules and Insurgent!!

    Delirium ended in such a cliffhanger I am so dying to read Pandemonium!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! SO ready for all of these! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait for The Golden Lily and Glitch! I would probably sell my soul for a copy of Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake. Dying for that book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANT!!!! I WANT ALLL OF THESE <333 Especially Immortal Rules and Fated and Golden Lily and Pandemonium and The Hunt and Struck and Revived and...you get the idea :D
    Oh, and I think I would add Born Wicked, Grave Mercy, Catastrophic History of You and Me, Harbinger, Monument 14, Partials anddddd....a lot more :) I can fill up 50 pages worth of writing but I think I'll stop now :D OH AND ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list! A few of these weren't on my list, but now they are :) so thanks for pointing them out :D Don't get me started on the 2012 books I can't wait to read (especially sequels), but some of the books I'm most excited about are Earth Girl by Janet Edwards, The Fury by Alexander Gordon Smith, For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund, Partials by Dan Wells, The Killables by Gemma Malley, etc. From the many sequels I can't wait for, I'm the most excited about Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore (been waiting for it for a few years now) & The Blood by D.J. MacHale (the last book in the Morpheus Road trilogy).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhhh, I want all of these RIGHT THIS MINUTE. 2011 was so great with its releases, but I must say that 2012 is building up to be even better.

    Also, re: Delirium/Pandemonium: ALEX!!!!!!!! I must know what happens in that one especially. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brodie you have a gift... a gift for writing and creating AMAZING lists of upcoming book releases. All of these look awesome and I cannot wait to read EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now where have I seen that So Close To You cover before? I'm sure another cover features that girl. So many wonderful sounding novels coming out in 2012!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates