Wednesday, December 28, 2011

7 Novels in 2012 YOU must read!

Earlier I posted my Top 12 of 2012 list... aka some of the books I am drooling to get my hands on as soon as possible. This list, however, comprises of the 2012 novels that YOU should be drooling to get your hands on! The following are a select bunch of books I was fortunate enough to read ahead of time and absolutely loved.

Note: Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi would probably be on the top of this list, but I decided to feature it on my Top 11 of 2011 since it was released this month in Australia. The rest are in no particular order!


The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
Release Date January 2nd by Poppy / Headline AU
Goodreads / My Review

Fans of Stephanie Perkins will eat this up. It's a heartwarming novel that makes you believe in love again. I LOVED all the interactions between Oliver/Hadley <3 They honestly left me with a goofy grin plastered on my face nearly the entire time!


---------------------


Cinder by Marssa Meyer
Released January 2012 by Fiewel & Friends / Penguin Australia
Goodreads / My Review

Set in a futuristic world with cyboards, royalty, an evil Queen, a touch of magic and sweet, sweet romance, Cinder is a wonderfully endearing novel! I devoured this and the lovabale characters. I cannot wait to see what the rest of this series has to offer.


---------------------



Night School by Christi Daugherty
Released January 5th 2012 by Atom
Goodreads / My Review (will be posted next week)

I only just finished this, but it NEEDS to go on the list. It was such a thrilling, unpredictable novel. Your mind is constantly trying to unravel the riveting mystery. The characters are so likable.... yet at the same time, you're not sure who to trust. No one is really as they seem. Throw in an awesome heroine and addicting romance and you have a knockout debut!

---------------------
 


The Industry by Rose Foster
Released March 20th 2012 by HarperCollins Australia
Goodreads / My Review

A debut Aussie novel that will surely be a hit in 2012! A teen math genius is kidnapped when she cracks an online code.... and so begins a fast-paced rollercoaster of a ride packed tight with action, drama and betrayal. All set to an internationally diverse backdrop. How can you resist?

---------------------


A Witch In Winter by Ruth Warburton
Released January 5th 2012 by Hodder Childrens
Goodreads / My Review

Fans of witches and magic will love this! Ruth lures you into this bewitching tale of intriguing magic, crackling romance and two clans on the brink of a deadly war. All of which build up to the explosive showdown that will keep you on the edge of you seat!


---------------------

 
Cold Fury by T.M Goeglein
Released July 24th 2012 by Putnam Juvenile
Goodreads / My Review (coming early January!)

Cinematic writing keeps you glued to the page as you follow along Sara Jane's pulse-pounding journey, with a new danger around every corner. Relentless bad guys, underground criminal society and a dash of romance. Goeglein has crafted a refreshing novel with a headstrong heroine who you can't help but grow to love!


---------------------


Darkness Falls (Immortal Beloved #2) by Cate Tiernan
Released: January 5th 2012 by Little, Brown
Goodreads / My Review

Darkness Falls did not fail to impress as the ever-witty and royally messed up Nastasya is thrust back into the world she thought she left behind. She has to face the past and learn to deal with that annoying conscience she's grown. Add in the fascinating, yet deeply complicated romance and we have yet another addictive installment. I cannot wait for the third book!



Have you read any 2012 novels that are absolute MUST reads? Excited for any of the above?

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendations! I haven't seen The Industry & Cold Fury until now, so now they joined my wishlist, they sound really good! The rest are on it & I'm especially eager to read A Witch in Winter, I've already pre-ordered it :) I've read only a few 2012 books and one that I loved was Graffiti Moon, although you might have already read it because you're from Australia & if you haven't, than you should ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read The Statistical and we both know that we loved it SO much! <3 I haven't read the rest in your list, unfortunately! But I highly recommend Born Wicked & Seraphina! Dragonswood, too. ;) Medieval fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo..the only one I've read from your list is The Industry! I hope Cinder comes out early in Aus.(since most books seem to be in stock in bookstores prior to release date) - I realllyyyy want a copy. It sounds fantastic! Oh, and NIGHT SCHOOL- I've been looking forward to it since ages ago! I love mystery & unpredictable twists :D AND COLD FURY! Definitely looking forward to it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, so glad I introduced you to those two fab novels, Aleksandra! They're both fantastic! And I don't think you'll be disappointed by A Witch In Winter :) Shockingly, I haven't read Graffiti Moon yet. Which is terrible since it's been out here for a while. *is so very un-Australian* I must add it to my 2012 TBR!

    @Precious - YES!!! I'm so eager for anything else Jennifer writes now <3 OOH and I'm dying to read those three books! Witches and dragons. I'm giddy with excitement :D

    @Shirley - Australia has been great for early releases, lately! (eg, Under the Never Sky and Hallowed). Gosh, I so adored Cinder. And I think you'll love Night School and Cold Fury! 2012 is already off to an incredible start :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome picks. Cinder and The Industry were definitely great reads for me this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to read Cinder! I have it waiting for me and will most likely be my New Year's Eve read. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight was such a cute read. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cinder was pretty epic wasn't it?! Can't wait for the release of The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - sounds so cute! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. TOTALLY agree with Statistical Probability! I adore that book. And Oliver no-last-name is just so so wonderfully funny and sweet. Seriously, why do I never get that lucky on my plane trips? Hmmph.

    The rest are all on my TBR list, of course. And I'd have to add Incarnate, Unraveling Isobel, Catastrophic History of You and Me, Don't Breathe a Word, and Pure. Hmm... maybe I should just make my own list? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. industry is new 2 me/ if only i had the money/ need 2 win bookdepository giveaways/ need 2

    glad u read them first

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only read Cinder and Statistical Probability so far, but I love them both so much that I have no choice but to look forward to the others. Thanks for the recs, Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES! EVERYONE needs to read A Witch in Winter! It's SO good. I desperately need to read Night School and TSPOLAFS sounds so, so cute. Great list

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many of these are already on my wishlist but the rest may have just made their way there. Of course, I wouldn't just admit that I love your recommendations out loud... :p

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Night School and Darkness Falls! And so looking forward to these books - especially The Statistical Probability, which I can't wait to read! Awesome list :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely agree about Cinder being a 2012 must read! That and Under the Never Sky are those I have, but I haven't read too many so far. I'm definitely going to check out the rest though! They sure seem good and they probably are if they made this list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to read A Witch in Winter!! Love the cover!! Night School sounds interesting. Great picks!! Thank you for featuring them!

    Happy New Year!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great collection of forthcoming novels, Brodie :) I adored Immortal Beloved and cannot wait to read the sequel. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith comes out here in Norway in January, I'm looking forward to read it.

    A couple of these books are all ready on my wishlist but some of them were all new to me(must have missed out on some of your reviews) :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it is such a rare gift to be able to influence others to read. And you just "coerced" me to expand my wishlist including several books you just mentioned, particularly: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, Cinder, The Industry, A Witch in Winter and Cold Fury. I love light romance, magic and a great mystery or thriller. So these books are such a winner for me. Wheeee! 2012 is gonna be another exciting year for us bloggers and readers.

    Mucho thanks for this post. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates