Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday #39

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: Annabel Monaghan
Release Date: 6th June 2012
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Add it: Goodreads
Farrah "Digit" Higgins may be going to MIT in the fall, but this L.A. high school genius has left her geek self behind in another school district so she can blend in with the popular crowd at Santa Monica High and actually enjoy her senior year. But when Farrah, the daughter of a UCLA math professor, unknowingly cracks a terrorist group's number sequence, her laid-back senior year gets a lot more interesting. Soon she is personally investigating the case, on the run from terrorists, and faking her own kidnapping-- all while trying to convince a young, hot FBI agent to take her seriously. So much for blending in . . .

Author: Jack Blaine
Release Date: April 24th 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins
Add it: Goodreads
Scraping by in classes, hanging out with his best friend Charlie, and trying to get a date with Lara Hanover, the prettiest girl in school—that was Nick Robbins’ life.

Survival was the last thing on his mind.

Then, a strange cloud appeared over the city. A cloud that kept growing. The darkness on the horizon consumed the light around it. And Nick’s dad, a Department of Defense energy physicist, might have something to do with it. Soon, it became clear that the world Nick knew would never be the same.

Now, night is never-ending. The temperature is falling as heat leaves the world. Plants and animals are dying and people are turning into predators waiting for any small advantage. But Nick is determined not to disappear like the fading light. Desperate to glimpse a familiar face in the shadows, Nick races to find his friends—and the one clue that’s his glimmer of hope. 

A Girl Named Digit: The whole 'code-breaking teen on the run from terrorists' reminds me a little of The Industry by Rose Foster, which I loved!! This sounds like it's going to be one awesome thrill ride and did I see mention of a hot, young FBI agent? Um, can June pretty please hurry?!

The Nightworld: A world where night is eternal? Creepy! I've read plenty of dystopians, but none yet where the sun doesn't shine. A life of night will pave the way for some pretty scary stuff, I am so intrigued to see how this story evolves and what exactly this strange cloud is.

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

29 comments:

  1. Never heard of either of these, but I'm definitely putting them on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digit sounds like a lot of fun. Nice picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of either of these books but they sound amazing!

    Happy reading and check out my waiting on Wednesday!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-22-everneath.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Both of these sound AMAZING! Especially Nightworld.

    OK, seriously. Where do you find these books? And why do I have to wait FIVE MONTHS TO READ THEM?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making grabby hands for The Nightworld! It sounds absolutely terrifying and like a read that will keep me up until the last page is turned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Nightworld sounds FANTASTIC. new book to add to the tbr! thanks. :)

    My WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of these two books, but A Girl Named Digit sounds pretty interesting! Must read! Great choice! Thank you for sharing!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. The most exciting thing I've probably done in high school was trying to evade physics exams by joining the soccer team. Haha
    I'm excited for Digit. It sounds like a very good book. But then I didn't have to wonder about that. I should have known you'd only pick the best. Ayt, Brodie? Or should I say Reigning Queen of Absolutely Great WoW? :)

    I'd be happy if you could give my WoW post some love:
    http://thetravelingreader.wordpress.com/2011/12/07/waiting-on-wednesday-7/

    Thanks! :)

    - Mauie (The Traveling Reader)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brodie, you always have the best picks for WoW. And my TBR pile is suffering because of you, as always. :D

    Check out my WoW picks for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nightworld looks good but it reminds me of Super 8 for some odd reason.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was an awesome wow! I want to read both now! Digit Girl sounds super fun and the nightworld sounds like an action packed science fiction. Both book types I love!

    Visit my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love you because you pick out books I've never heard of yet somehow want to read. ESPECIALLY Nightworld. It sounds so cool!

    Have a fab reading week, Brodie!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A girl named digit sounds AHMAZING! The second one also looks interesting :)


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both books look really intriguing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always dread your WoW posts(but dreading it in the most positive sense of the word), Brodie. I just know I will add all the books in your posts because you always find the most amazing and intriguing sounding novels!

    ReplyDelete
  16. first time seeing both books~ adding on my growing list!

    Here's my WoW pick

    ReplyDelete
  17. These both sound awesome! Especially The Nightworld, because I love apocalyptic novels and movies! I'm definitely going to have to check these out.

    Thanks for stopping by :)
    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  18. They sound like great picks! enjoy.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. A Girl Named Digit sounds so cute! I'm definitely adding that one to my TBR list! Great picks this week!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books <--my wow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great choices this week, A Girl Named Digit sounds awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Never heard of those books. They both sounds great. Good picks!
    Em
    My WOW
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't heard of these titles but they sound interesting, nice picks!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Night Wolrd sounds really good, Nice Pick!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  24. ooooh never ending night and hot FBI agents?? amazing! Once again awed by your book-choosing abilities Brodie. Reading your WoW posts are the highlight of my wednesdays.

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  25. Okay, AGND sounds slightly ridiculous and very awesome. I mean, MATH? HOT FBI AGENTS? MATH? MATH?! Where do I sign uppp?

    The Nightworld sounds like the creepiest thing in the world. ETERNAL NIGHT? I remember walking home from the bus stop on my own at like 6 PM (it gets so dark this time of year) and I was FREAKING OUT. I can't even imagine living life in the dark constantly... Scary.

    Keep on workin' that awesome metre.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Nightworld sounds awesome Brodie!

    Here's my WOW =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hadn't heard of either of these before - thanks so much for putting them on my radar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I absolutely LOVE the sound of A Girl Name Digit! Ahh, how I wish I were that good at maths! :P. Plus, young, hot FBI agent? I need this book! The Night World sounds really good too - very creepy! Awesome picks :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates