Monday, January 23, 2012

This Week's Gossip #9

I haven't done one of these in a while, so I figured the time was ripe for my first in 2012!

Around the Blogosphere
One of the craziest (and most awesome) Aussie bloggers has co-created a new meme! Sarah from saz101 and Kristin from GrowingUP YA have given birth to Blogspiration. Where each week they post something, whether an image, a video, a quote, etc that INSPIRES. And they invite you to do the same! Check out Sarah's amazing image for this week

Dystopian Domination 2 is in full swing! Kai and Precious are pulling off a brilliant event full of 2012's most hotly anticipated dystopian titles. And what Dystopian Domination would be complete without explosive giveaways? What are you waiting for?! Go check out their blogs!

 February is nearly here! Stick around because Lisa and I have a swoon-tastic event in store with hot YA guys, couples, love triangles, crazy talented authors and some drool-worthy prizes!

                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Extra! Extra!
Clear your calendar for this Friday, folks. Why? Only because one of the hottest fantasy writers is stopping by HarlequinTeen Facebook for a chat!! Maria V. Snyder, of course! Get your questions ready, your Kerrick kidnapping methods in motion and tune in to their Facebook page at 4pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (double check time zones in your country) Friday 27th January 2012.

In the lead up to his debut novel's release, COLD FURY, T.M Goeglein is posting webisodes -  tiny excerpts from Sara Jane's journal along with a teasing video. Things are not looking very good Sara Jane!!

J. A Sounders is hosting a Scavenger Hunt for the sexy cover reveal of her insanely awesome (well, the synopsis suggests as such!) novel, RENEGADE. Check out the full list of blogs participating HERE for teasing jigsaw pieces of the reveal. The full cover will go live Monday 23rd January.

                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Pretties


UK cover art for Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver // AU cover art of Revived by Cat Patrick


                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Tease Me

Libba Bray tweeted a sneak peek at the cover of her upcoming novel, THE DIVINERS. Another Libba Bray book? BRODIE EXCITED.


The Divergent Facebook page have started posting TEASERS of INSURGENT! I KNOW. MY MOUTH WAS GAPING OPEN TOO!

" Before I chose Dauntless... I felt assured of my long lifespan, if nothing else. Now there are no reassurances except that where I go, I go because I choose to. "

MORE. MORE. GIVE ME MORE. 



                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Looking Ahead...

Disney Hyperion
Pitched as Black Swan meets Pretty Little Liars, featuring a teen girl who had it all until the night she and her friend go missing, and she loses all recollection of who she is, but must piece together a life she no longer wants and the events that led to her friend's disappearance.

January 5th 2013 by Spencer Hill Press
A teenage girl born under the thirteenth sign of the zodiac with a kiss that kills and a touch that can bring the dead back to life, pitched as Shatter Me meets The Walking Dead.

2012 by Walker Children's 
In 1804, three cousins with an unknown family lineage of witchcraft awake to their magical powers; beyond the manicured gardens and ballrooms of Regency London, they must navigate the new underworld now open to them, learn to control their new talents, and unravel the secret of one cousin’s mother’s illness, all the while evading fortune seekers, marriage proposals, and a dangerous killer murdering young debutantes.

2013 by Delacourte Press
The story of an Executor sent to earth to bring about human destinies, who finds herself unaccountably experiencing human emotions, leading to an epic romance set across multiple worlds

                                                                                                                                                                                                          

The Big Screen

The final poster for THE HUNGER GAMES has been released. While I think it looks a little too photoshopped, I'M STILL FREAKING EXCITED!!! They also released a new still, featuring Katniss and Peeta ready and suited up for Cinna to light them on fire. CAN YOU BELIEVE MARCH IS ALMOST UPON US?!

This has absolutely nothing to do with books, it's just for your viewing pleasure. (Wait, it's linked to Alex Pettyfer, who usually gets linked to every blonde boy with muscles for book casting... sooo). I had no idea there was even a movie with such a fine cast of young men coming out until last night! MAGIC MIKE. When I saw these pictures posted... um... well... *discreetly wipes drool from face*

I'm particular fond of one Matt Bomer, bottom pic to the right ;)

 
 

24 comments:

  1. EEK! Brodie! Thank you <333

    And... oh my goodness... the cover for Revived... it's... wow wow wow.
    Also, INSURGENT! AHFSDJFHDSFHKJH! Is that the crest for Amity? AND MARIA! V! SNYDER! LOVE! <3 *faints*

    ALSO! OMFG KATNISS! PEETA! FIRE! OH MY GOODNESS IT'S SO AWESOME IT BURNS! (like how I did that? Burns? Huh? :D)

    Wait, I know why you like Matt Bomer--he looks slightly unhinged in that photo. Nothign to do with the handsome or the muscles :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG. I know. His pants are unhinged and starti-... oh. right. Yeah. Looks totally crazy. I like that ;D Doesn't he have the most beautiful eyes and such a cheeky little smile.

      YES I THINK THAT IS THE CREST FOR AMITY. Heh.... burns.... you are so smart. And witty. And clever. I cannot wait to see them lit up on the chariot. EEEEEE! ACCIO MARCH!

      Delete
    2. O____O

      HIS E Y E S. They is amazazing. *POKES* squishy.

      NEED. HUNGER GAMES. NOW.

      OK, so I want one of two super powers: time travel (will travel to future, and watch HG NOWNOWNOWNOW. Wanna come?) or the power from Inkheart, where what he reads comes real... in which case I'll read, I don't know, Tempest? And time travel (will travel to future, and watch HG NOWNOWNOWNOW. Wanna come?).

      Or maybe I could just be cryogenically frozen till then? That'd work...

      Delete
  2. *Squee* It's so wrong but I am so excited about Magic Mike. Hehe. I can't wait to go and just drool. *I am horrible*

    Touch of Death is seriously becoming my new obsession. 2013??! Seriously! Sigh...either way it sounds AMAZING and I can't wait for it. Thanks for brining it to my attention.

    Isn't that teaser for Insurgent totally scream inducing?! I am dying to get my hands on that book! Can not wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEHEHE. There is NOTHING wrong with oggling sexy guys :D But seriously. A moVie. Just full. Of the hottest guys. Getting their clothes of. Okay, maybe we are a little horrible, but HEEEE <3

      AGH! I know! So many amazing books coming out but they're so FAR AWAY. 2013 seems like 2023 to me =\

      My want for Insurgent is beyond anything I can explain. Imagine what Veronica has in store for us next after the adfklhjlsjhjksdvcx plot that is Divergent? Eeeeek!

      Delete
  3. Loving the Revived cover!

    AHHH MARCH IS SO CLOSE!!! AND OH MY GOD I MET JOSH HUTCHERSON THE WEEK BEFORE LAST. But his hair wasn’t blonde. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG YOU MET JOSH HUTCHERSON?!?!? SO LUCKY!!! I heard he was here in Australia!! Did you snap a photo with him? Awww he seems like such a .... well, PEETA kinda guy haha.

      Delete
  4. Bow chicka wow wow!! I loved all that informative info. Some I didn't know, so thanks for sharinh...but then...my eyes did boggle.

    Ooo Alex much beafier and Channing is always a fave...but I know Alex's tatt anywhere. Magic Mike...well..heeellllooooo!!!

    This should be a crowd pleaser, the buffness is nuff said:D

    MIchelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buahahaha DEFINITELY a crowd pleaser. For the men as much as the woman, they can deny it all they want, but we know they want to see the sexy too :P

      Delete
  5. YAY for another Libba Bray book! I'm excited!

    Oh...and heeeeellllllooooooo Channing Tatum. :D Lol. I got a little distracted there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s. Channing was a stripper in his earlier days..true story!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH HELL, CHANNING TATUM LOOKS SO FREAKING HOT HERE!!! (Sorry Brodie, I have no idea who Matt Bomer is :S) AND OMFG. IS THAT REALLY ALEX PETTYFER?!?!?!?!?!?!

    INSURGENT! THE HUNGER GAMES! REVIVED! PANDEMONIUM! I'M DYING OF EXCITEMENT RIGHT NOW! *drops dead*

    EEEEE!!!! SO MANY AWESOME BOOKS COMING OUT IN 2013!!!!(But let's hope we survive 2012 first :D heheee)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great gossip post, Brodie! Lovin' the covers especially the ones for Revived and The Diviners! I'm also looking forward to Insurgent. But damn - we need a Four quote!!!!

    As for Hunger Games, I can't freakin' wait for this movie! I want to salute for Jennifer. I want to hug Josh (because I love him so much). I want to cheer for Liam (c'mon he's an aussie playing my favourite Gale). As for Channing and Alex . . . this is what happens to actors who can't get any roles . . . they end up playing strippers. *shakes head* And Alex turned down Jace for this. *shakes head again*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaa!!! This is definitely the hottest gossip out there!!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us Brodie! OMG, I absolutely love both Pandemonium and Revived cover. I think I prefer them more than the US ones!! May, please come quickly so I can get INSURGENT!!!!!!! The Hunger Games poster looks awesome and only 2 months away!!!!!! Brodie, we love your gossips and you!! ♥

    Celine @ Forget-me-not

    ReplyDelete
  10. EEEEEEP!!! Teasers from Insurgent, the poster of THG, hot hot books and even hotter eyecandy! <3 You just know what to post, don't you?? I'm excited for Insurgent! Ahhhh! Touch of Death sounds freaking amazing!! And Fates..zomg. Fates sounds..even more amazing!! XD I can't wait for 2013!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Boy, Channing Tatum, looks hot! Hold on while I swoon.. Fun post! Everything here is definitely inspiring! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh, Maria V Snyder = AWESOME. Can't wait to read the sequel to Touch of Power! :D

    I do love me some Alex Pettyfer, hehe! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY GOSH. I think my mind might just be about to blow with how much awesome news you just showed at one time!! <3 Jennifer L. Armentrout is writing another book?? That extremely teasing Insurgent teaser??? THE HUNGER GAMES MOVIE?!? Ahhhhhhh!!!! I'm so excited right now that it's probably unhealthy, but there was just so much of that I never saw before!! x)

    I'm not a gossip girl, but I think I might be in love with this post! <3 ;) Thank you SO much for cramming so much awesomeness into one compact, even more awesome blog post, Brodie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow! Revived = total awesome! Not sure which cover I prefer though...!
    Hunger games! I'm reading Books 2 and 3 (I read one a few weeks ago and immediately bought all three! Spur of the moment decision which I shall never regret!) next week. Movie stills look amazing!
    Before January is out my copy of Divergent shall be read!
    Romi.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG BRODIE YOU'VE GOT ME SO EXCITED FOR SO MANY THINGS!! ToD sounds AMAZING. As does the Recency Witches...hello historical witchcraft? hello London setting? YES PLEASE. I cannot wait for THG movie, I'm gonna explode...HOW do you find out about all of these books so early??

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brodie, have I told you you're awesome? Because you are. INSURGENT TEASERS. HOW DID I NOT KNOW? :O. And so many awesome books releasing - The Regency Witches, Fates - they all sound amazing! And I'm so excited for your Feb event :P. And THG! I can't believe March is getting closer! Also, jealousy at how pretty the AU cover of Revived is. Seriously, you guys had the best Forgotten cover too, and now this? ENVY. I want that version. Brillsome post :P.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates