Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #42

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine where you can spotlight a book you're giddy with excitement to read so other people can be giddy with excitement too :)

Author: Tiffany Trent
Release Date: 2012
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Add it: Goodreads
In an alternate London where magical creatures are preserved in a museum, two teens find themselves caught in a web of intrigue, deception, and danger.

Vespa Nyx wants nothing more than to spend the rest of her life cataloging Unnatural creatures in her father’s museum, but as she gets older, the requirement to become a lady and find a husband is looming large. Syrus Reed’s Tinker family has always served and revered the Unnaturals from afar, but when his family is captured to be refinery slaves, he finds that his fate may be bound up with Vespa’s—and with the Unnaturals.

As the danger grows, Vespa and Syrus find themselves in a tightening web of deception and intrigue. At stake may be the fate of New London—and the world.


Author: Tom Becker
Release Date: April 5th 2012
Publisher: Scholastic
Add it: Goodreads
Adam Wilson is kidnapped and taken to the Dial after betraying his best friend. The Dial is a twilight world where teenage traitors are forced to atone for their treachery. It's a terrible place, ruled over by a cruel despot, where every day is a struggle for survival - and escape. Legend has it that only one person has fled the Colditz-like prison. Nobody knows if he made it back to the real world, but he left behind a ray of hope that has reached through the years. Soon Adam is caught up in a deadly plan to escape. But who can he trust in a world full of traitors...?

The Unnaturalists: I so want to read more steampunk type of stories, so I'm really intrigued by this.  Plus magical creatures, deception, danger and who knows, maybe a forbidden romance between Vespa and Syrus? Throw in the gorgeous cover and I'm hooked!

The Traitors: This is giving me creepy vibes. It's kind of like hell.... except you're generally much younger, still alive and I assume no raging fire. But they did bad and must atone for their sins. But... THEY'RE TEENAGERS!!! Teens make stupid mistakes all the time. Oh I cannot wait to read this and see what horrible things Adam will have to endure in the Dial. Sorry I'm so eager to see you anguish, Adam, but I've no doubt it will make for a thrilling story!

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

28 comments:

  1. Wow Brodie great picks!! I love the sound of The Unnaturalists but dang, now I have one more book that I'm wanting to buy! *shakes fist* and I'm on a book buying ban! *hides face* Where do you get these novels from?? Haven't seen both in Goodreads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I have The Traitors on my list. It's kind of frightening if you think about it. Makes you want to think twice if you want to do bad things, right? But I am definitely intrigued with the book! Great picks, Brodie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow both books sound amazing!! I will have to check them out!!

    Happy reading and check out my waiting on Wednesday!!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-26-my-life-next.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Unnaturals sounds AMAZING! The only steampunk I've really read is Gail Carriger's Soulless series (which are hilarious and awesome), but I'm kind of like you: want to read more.

    Heh, when I read the description I misread as: "web of decapitation and intrigue..." Because, you know, decapitation *IS* pretty intriguing :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good! There's so many steampunk books coming out now . . . let's hope The Unnaturalists is good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, both sounds so good, but The Traitors? ;o I need to read it. It sounds SUPER creepy! But oh so good. *rushes to add it to GR shelf* Awesome picks as always!

    What I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want them both for sure..fantastic pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of either one of them. The cover looks pretty interesting!! Thank you for sharing them! Great picks!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these sound great and I can't wait to get my hands on them! Especially The Unaturalists!

    Great Choices!!
    -Kate
    My WoW: Nomalicious Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of these before but they both sound really, really good! Not to mention their unique plots, something we need more of in YA fiction :) Thanks for sharing!

    Kim @ The Paper Planes

    ReplyDelete
  11. really a WOW wow
    nevr heard of traitors

    it's now on my wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  12. first time seeing both books sounds really intriguing! specially the traitors ;)

    Awesome picks!

    My WoW picks here

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, 'Sorry I'm so eager to see you anguish, Adam,' I love that you are apologizing. Both of these do sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the sound of the Trent book :)

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  15. "The Unnaturalists" sounds like my type of book. I will most definitely be adding it to my wishlist :) Great Waiting On Wednesday Choice

    Natasha @ Paranormal Goddess Book Blog ★NEW BLOG FOLLOWER ★ Click Here To Check Out My Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hiya,

    The Unnaturalists looks and sounds amazing indeed! have to add it to my WANT list! Thanx for reminding us!

    Hugs, Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the sound of The Unnaturalists! It's definitely going on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. They both sound like captivating reads.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Unnaturalists sounds amazing. I've only read a couple of steampunk novels and they've gone both ways for me but I want to explore the genre more :) Oooh, such a pretty cover too...

    The Traitors sounds SO CREEPY. I've getting a little freaked out just reading the summary. I wonder what kind of 'betrayals' they are. I mean, you could consider really small things "betrayals" right?

    Great picks (as usual) that (as usual again) I hadn't heard of before now. No pressure Brodie but... I'm looking forward to next week's WOW ;)

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh The Traitors! Sounds so creepily awesome, I can't wait! It IS kind of like hell! :P. The Unnaturalists looks awesome too, I love the cover! Great picks again :).

    ReplyDelete
  21. First one sounds pretty cool, quite like steampunk. Second one sounds so so creepy yet, intriguing...

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Unnaturalists , Steampunk..I love me some steampunk...better plop that on the TBR pile.

    First I heard of it!

    MIchelle

    ReplyDelete
  23. Exceptional WoW picks, Brodie. This time I added them to my wishlist before even making a comment on your post LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ohh, I've not heard of either of these books before! I'm a little bit in love with the cover for The Unnaturalists... :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. As always, a brilliant selection of books up there Brodie!

    I am excited to read them both! Thank you for sharing!

    but I have to admit, I think I prefer the sound of Traitors... does that mean there's a problem with me somehow? :P

    Sammie <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Traitors has an AWESOME cover.. I love it! And it sounds AWESOME too :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, both sounds amazing & are new to me, so thanks for sharing! Two more for my wishlist ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates