Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fated Blog Tour: Q&A With Evie & Lucas!

I am thrilled to be stop #9 on the Australian blog tour for Sarah Alderson's sexy, kickbutt new novel FATED! If you've read my review for Fated and her debut novel, Hunting Lila (or my incredibly lame poem), you'll know I am already a huge fangirl of this woman. If you love your protagonists with a little fire, your heroes a sexy warrior, and your stories filled with action, suspense and one HOT kiss, then go grab yourself a copy NOW! 

And what better way to help kick off mine and Lisa's February Valentine's Blog Event than with this brilliant Q&A stop on the tour between our new favourite couple! (Stay tuned for our Valetine's Introduction post later today!)

Love is... 
Evie: Before I would have said 'betrayal' now I'll say 'belief'.
Lucas: The impossible becoming possible.

Your first kiss...
Evie: A boy called Jack at summer camp when I was thirteen. He was from Washington. And I think he kissed every girl at camp that summer.
Lucas: Twelve, in Iowa, sheltering in a barn during a thunderstorm. Her name was Luce. She lived nearby.

First girlfriend/boyfriend...
Evie: Tom was my first proper boyfriend. We dated for three years. Until he had an affair with my best friend.
Lucas: I'm not sure any of them would qualify as girlfriends. I've not had time or been in one place long enough. I was too busy training to get involved.

First thought when you saw each other:
Evie: Is he human?
Lucas: I saw a photograph of Evie before I met her. That's what drew me to her first - the expression on her face - I couldn't tell what she was thinking. But I knew straightaway that I wanted to find out. When I saw her outside the diner the night of the fight, I didn't get a good look at her. What I could tell though was that she was fast, a natural and a gifted fighter. She took Shula and Caleb out without even being trained. The first time I really saw her though - as in properly, face to face, in daylight - she was wearing only her underwear and a robe and waving a baseball bat in my face. My first thought then? Honestly? I wanted to see her swing it.

What made you fall for each other?
Evie: When I'm around him I feel fearless. I feel safe. He has a way of making me feel like nothing in the darkness can touch me.
Lucas: She makes me question who I am and what I want to be. It's a cliche but she makes me a better person - not a cliche when you consider that when we met I was part of the Brotherhood. I also think there's an element of fate to our meeting. That it's leading somewhere, maybe we don't fully understand exactly where yet.

First kiss with each other, describe:
Evie: The best kiss of my life.
Lucas: Memorable. Very memorable.

Best & Worst trait:
Evie: Lucas's habit of disappearing is his worst trait. His best? He's handy to have around in a fight. He never raises his voice either.
Lucas: She thinks she's always right. Her best trait? Her determination. She never quits.

Moment you knew you were in love:
Evie: I didn't know it, not until I was about to kill him. Obviously. Because if there's a time to realise something it should be the time when you're holding a knife to their throat. It kind of came out of nowhere.
Lucas: The moment I saw her out on the veranda that night. When Tom kissed her. I didn't put it into words then but I felt it, felt the shadow blade straight through my heart too.

Best feature:
Evie: His eyes - they're an incredible colour - grey but they change all the time. OK, his lips too. Also his arms. Maybe his voice. I'll stop there.
Lucas: Her eyes - there's always so much going on behind them. She has phenomenal legs too. I got a good look at them when she burst in on me with the baseball bat.

If you weren't busy saving the world what would you be doing:
Evie: I'd be in New York. We'd live in a little apartment in a cool co-op and somehow Lucas would get to ride horses all day and I'd study and then at night we'd take a blanket up onto the roof and lie there looking out across the city, talking and kissing and...there wouldn't be any unhumans and there'd be no more fighting.
Lucas: I'd take Evie to Iowa to meet my grandmother. We'd go for a ride, maybe wait for a thunderstorm to come so we could find a barn to shelter in...

Which side of the bed?
Evie: We don't know that yet. We haven't done much sleeping.
Lucas: The side closest to the door. Just in case something plans on coming through it.

Thanks so much for stopping by, Evie and Lucas! (And we're sending BIG hugs and love to your insanely talented creator).  And a huge thanks to Caroline at Simon & Schuster for putting this amazing tour together! <3

What happens when you discover you aren't who you thought you were? And that the person you love is the person who will betray you? If your fate is already determined, can you fight it?

When Evie Tremain discovers that she’s the last in a long line of Demon slayers and that she’s being hunted by an elite band of assassins –Shapeshifters, Vampires and Mixen demons amongst them – she knows she can’t run. They’ll find her wherever she goes. Instead she must learn to stand and fight.

But when the half-human, half-Shadow Warrior Lucas Gray - is sent to spy on Evie and then ordered to kill her before she can fulfil a dangerous prophecy, their fates become inextricably linked. The war that has raged for one thousand years between humans and demons is about to reach a devastating and inevitable conclusion. Either one or both of them will die before this war ends.

If your life becomes bound to another’s, what will it take to sever it?
You can find Sarah at:
Fated:
Hunting Lila:


Don't forget to check out the rest of the stops on the Blog Tour!!

24th January: Words on Paper - First Chapter Hosting
25th January: Novels on the Run - If you could control your Fate themed interview

26th January: Shiirleyy's Bookshelf - Video review
27th January: Tales of the Inner Book FanaticFated Top Trumps and Fated Cast Battle Off

28th January: She Known as Jess - Grazia-esque magazine interview with the Fated cast

29th January: Read Me, Bookmark Me, Love Me - Giveaway: 5 copies of Lila and Fated with posters!
30st January: Book Probe Reviews - Host video message to Aussie fans from Sarah
31st January: Sarah Alderson live facebook chat on Read Me Love Me Share Me

1st Feb: Eleusinian Mysteries - Evie and Lucas Q&A
 - YOU ARE HERE! WOOHOO!
2nd Feb: The Rest is Still Unwritten - Wise words interview from Sarah

31 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaw! Lucas is such a romantic!!
    EEEEEEEEEE!
    OK, I love the answer to "If you weren't busy saving the world what would you be doing?" I am *TRYING* not to squeal. SO. CUTE.

    Brodie, I'm kind of amazed you managed to get through this interview without poisoning Evie's tea and running off with Lucas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I was all "OOOOOH" but then realised I read this ages ago LOL! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I was just laughing at the characterisation that Sarah had managed to surface in each of these individuals. Especially when the “First thought when you saw each other” answers had Evie with a few words, and Lucas with a big paragraph. Haha made me laugh.

    Great interview Brodie and sweet style ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome post!!!!!! Muahahaah, I'm falling hard for Lucas even though I haven't read about him. LOVE LOVE the answers!!! Best Interview Ever, Brodie!!!!♥

    Celine @ Forget-me-not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Doesn't Lucas come across as FREAKING AMAZING through this post? <333

      Delete
  5. As much as I would LOVE to take credit for the question prompts, this was ALL Sarah! Is she amazing or what? I LOVED these answers!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack? JACK? Not LILA'S Jack? YESSSSS. LINKS BETWEEN BOOKS. I love that :D. And I think it's adorable how they both said eyes were each other's best features. Awesome post, I already love these two! Can't wait to read Fated :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! Sarah is indeedly wonderful and writes the best characters! Evie + Lucas = <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who knew Lucas was such a romantic! Love it! I especially love how Evie has lesser words whereas Lucas takes up a whole paragraph . . . awwwwww sweet sweet love. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! I've heard amazing things about this book from Lisa at her blog and this is an awesome post. <3 I really need to get a hold of this book and read it!

    LOVE the responses to 'First thought when you saw each other:'. Evie has a one line answer and Lucas puts up a whole paragraph. Love Lucas's comments on Evie's 'phenomenal legs'. <3 But ah! Can't wait to read this book and find out more about these two awesome characters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So... I was already super intrigued and excited to read this one (it's nr 1 on my to-buy-when-money-allows-it-list) and now you've gone and made me even more desperate for it! Lol. I'm starting to think it's a talent of yours! ;)

    It sounds SO good, I seriously can't wait to read ittt. Great Q&A!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeek amazing Q&A!! I love their answers especially Lucas' best features answer. He seems so adorable and from this we can see Evie is a strong girl! Can't wait to read!
    Pavan

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, I have this book in my Amazon basket right now and I'm hitting purchase as soon as I get paid Friday! This is such a great interview and totally sold me on the characters. I loved the first kiss question and Lucas's answer to the first time he actually saw Evie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, this Q&A is so fun and cute! I loved how much wordier Lucas is than Evie. I also like that they both really like each other's eyes, haha. I hope Evie's answer to if she wasn't busy saving the world comes true one day, it sounds perfect.

    elena • novel sounds

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, I love this! I have been DYING to get my hands on copies of Sarah's books for forever (mostly thanks to your rave reviews, Brodie. And that poem, of course! Hahahaha), and now I think I need to try SO much harder. I can't wait to meet these people! Book Depository, here I come.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awee. :) so sweeet! I know I'm gonna love this book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucas!!!! Yes, I love you, please come here! ahahah, okay, I am really a crazy book addict! love the interview!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have yet to read either book by Sarah. I know, I know, bad Jo! But this Q&A... wow. I have this book, I might just have to pick it up pretty soon! Sounds amazing! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my god!! Thids book says so good from the questions :D. (Add to TBR)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so excited to read this! I absolutely love character interviews, they're always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOOOOOOVE IT. And I looooved this book so hard<333

    ReplyDelete
  21. AWW!!! I can't wait for this book!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Forgot, I love the interview. Character inviews always are sweet and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't paid much attention to this book before, but now that I read the plot and this post it really caught my eye. And I also really liked the questions and the answers. So cute and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lucas' What side of the bed answer - very chivalrous! Great interview/answers!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So romantic, thanks you for this interview ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  26. This has made me even more excited to read FATED! I'm going to have to go out tomorrow and buy it! Love the answers to "Moment you knew you were in love". Wowza!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really enjoyed this. Only just discovered Sarah Alderson and I really can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I cannot wait to read this book! Lucas' answer to "Moment you knew you were in love" was like whoa! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. They are so cute, i swear.. :3 I want to read the book now, seems interesting :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates