Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Team Cassian vs. Team Will - Firelight by Sophie Jordan

And this is it! My final debate for the event! It's been so much fun having such crazy talented writers come on our blogs to defend their team. Some have even managed to convert a couple of you to the other team! Although many have remained strong and true to their long-time loyalties. Either way, there's no denying these are fierce, sexy and ever so complicated love triangles. But isn't that why we love them? You have all month to keep voting, so don't let your boy lose! Full list of debates are HERE.

We now conclude things with a showdown between Puff, the Magic Dragon and -- OKAY, SORRY CASSIAN. Don't kill me! I couldn't resist ;) Cassian - sexy and intimidating, the boy who Lisa claims inspired Sophie Jordan to write a sequel in his honour (my, her nose is growing!), but Supercalifragiliciousreads doesn't let us forget Will - sweet and courageous, who embarks on a starcrossed love with Jacinda.

Who earns your vote? Remember to fill out the giveaway form to enter our yummy prize packs! ALSO: Slight spoiler warning in Team Will post for those who haven't read Firelight yet!

_______________________________________________________________


TEAM CASSIAN
Represented by: Lisa from Badass Bookie

Hello Lovelies! It's Lisa from Badass Bookie and as part of the February Valentine's Event debate team I'm here to stand and DO MY MAN PROUD! The idea of TEAM X vs. TEAM Y has long expanded from Edwart and Jacob and today I stand the ambassador, spokesperson, ADVOCATE of TEAM CASSIAN.

Who is he? - A hot, smoking, not-quite-human young man who is completely swoon-worthy! First seen in Firelight by Sophie Jordan, a 2010 publishing sensation. The man proved so popular, Jordan was compelled to write a sequel in honor of his beauty, intelligence and fab abs! Vanish was released into the world in 2011. A sequel written just so - we can basked in his beauty!

Okay, so that wasn't *quite* true. In reality, Cassian plays one third of a love triangle, he is a Draki, a half human, half dragon supernatural being. He's portrayed as the "other guy” in other words, Jacinda doesn’t KNOW WHAT SHE IS MISSING!

5 Reasons Why Cassian is YOUR Man!

1) He's Not Human! - Um, HUMAN IS SO OVERRATED. It's last year, it's old, it's SO DEAD to the world! There are plenty of humans to choose from but where else would you find a hot, SEXY Draki?

2) This – Extract from Firelight, Pg. 23

He leans down, rustling the hairs near my temple as he growls in his smoky voice, “You scared me, Jacinda. I thought I lost you.”

Tell me, TELL ME you didn’t swoon just a little bit. That you heart didn’t skip a beat at how protective he sounds, how manly he is! Everyone wants their Prince in Shiny Armour don’t they?

3) , 4) and 5) When he looks like this how can you not swoon? ;)

TEAM WILL

Hey! I’m from 
Supercalifragiliciousreads, and I review YA books. I'm a 
die-hard fan of Will, from Sophie Jordan’s Firelight, so it should come as no 
surprise that I am absolutely excited to be advocating for Will in this Love 
Triangle Debate! You can follow me during the tournament on twitter @superreader1
or at my blog.

For those who 
have not read Firelight, here is a short summary:
Marked as special at an early age, Jacinda knows her
every move is watched. But she longs for freedom to make her own choices. When
she breaks the most sacred tenet among her kind, she nearly pays with her life.
Until a beautiful stranger saves her. A stranger who was sent to hunt those
like her. For Jacinda is a draki—a descendant of dragons whose greatest defense
is her secret ability to shift into human form. Forced to flee into the mortal
world with her family, Jacinda struggles to adapt to her new surroundings. The
only bright light is Will. Gorgeous, elusive Will who stirs her inner draki to
life. Although she is irresistibly drawn to him, Jacinda knows Will's dark
secret: He and his family are hunters. She should avoid him at all costs. But
her inner draki is slowly slipping away—if it dies she will be left as a human
forever. She'll do anything to prevent that. Even, if it means getting closer to
her most dangerous enemy. Mythical powers and breathtaking romance ignite in
this story of a girl who defies all expectations and whose love crosses an
ancient divide.

It 
sounds amazing, right? And Firelight totally delivers. My favourite character in 
the book was Will. Will grew up under the care of his father and his mother 
passed away at a young age. (SPOILER) Throughout his childhood, Will battled Leukemia, a 
form of cancer. Thankfully, Will is currently alive and well. And now, on to 
Will’s best attributes:

  • Velvety voice
  • Beautiful face
  • Chiseled body
  • Funny
  • Kind, considerate
  • Extremely tactful
  • Respectful
  • 
Loving
  • He is willing to go against his family’s 
beliefs for Jacinda

“I won't leave you! Do you know how unbearable it's been without you? You're not like the rest of them." His hand swipes through air almost savagely. I stare at him, my eyes wide and aching. "You're not some well-trained puppy content to go along with what you're told. You have fire."He laughs brokenly. "I don't mean literally, although there is that. There's something in you, Jacinda. You're the only thing real for me there, the only thing remotely interesting.”
- Will

It is stated in this quote and all too many times in the book. Will is in love with Jacinda. He truly loves Jacinda and is willing to do whatever it
takes to be with her.

P.S. Favorite Quote: 
“You want to go out?"
 he asks suddenly. 


I blink.
 
"As in a date?" 


"Yes. That's
 what a guy usually means when he asks that question.”
 Oh I love me a sexy Draki - part human, part dragon. But WILL!!! I have yet to read Vanish (I KNOW. I'M ASHAMED OF MYSELF TOO) but Firelight? I was all about Team Will! I'm such a sucker for a forbidden romance and he really won me over with his charm and dedication. But I've no doubt delicious Cassian whips out his talons in the sequel. Which will you be voting for?

Cast your vote below, enter the giveaway form and then battle it out amongst your fellow readers in the comments! After filling in the form (you must fill it in once for every debate you want entries counted for - total 16) each comment you make will earn you entries!

Voting will remain open until the end of the month.






List of prizes can be found HERE.
All the debate links can be found HERE

35 comments:

  1. Oh, this is a super hard choice, they're both amazing! Will or Cassian... Cassian or Will...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG THIS IS SO HARD! Will . . . Cassian . . . oh geez I love them both. Before the sequel book, I would've said Will all the way but since the sequel came out and I learned more about Cassian, my vote is now going to him because he's such a great character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will hands down. I do love Cassian but I LOVE Will too much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BRODIEEEEE! *tackle hugs*

    Hi, hotstuff! It's so nice to be back. For some reason I thought I had made a blog post about leaving for a while? But I guess I didn't? Haha, I'm so scatterbrained sometimes. Anyway, your blog is looking top-notch, my friend. I've just been scrolling through admiring all the yummy menfolk, don't mind me!

    I haven't got around to reading Firelight yet (shameful, I know!), but based simply this post I'd say slice me off a piece of Will, if you know what I mean and I think you do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hum i haven't read the book yet ( but i have it)... difficult choose: Will

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this book too but I'll choose Will since I've been hearing great things about him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WILLLLLLLLLLLLLL!! <3 Oh my gosh, Brodie, how could you not have read Vanish yet?? It's SO GOOD! But at least it's good to know that you're on the good side! ;) LOL I have to admit that I did like Cassian so much better in book two than I did in the first one, but my heart will always belong to Will. :) <3

    I can't wait until you read Vanish so I can interrogate you about how much you've fallen for Cassian too, Brodie! That way, we can be extra excited for Hidden together! Plus, aren't the covers for this series just so pretty??? :D

    P.S. Human is DEFINITELY overrated! x)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't read it (yetttt) but WillWillWill! Not only is the name sexy but he sounds sooo awesome. I know I'd love him *sigh* Gotta love meeting the boys outside of the books, before going in, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really hard pick but I have to go Cassian.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know them. I'll prob think differently once I read the books but I've chosen Cassian. I prefer my men non-human :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow....this one was TOUGH....but in the end...the non human Cassian wins :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awe...this one was so hard to choose between! I loved Will so much in Firelight and I still loved him in Vanish, but I also love Cassian....and I'm gonna have to go with him. I love his history with Jacinda, and they have such a strong connection now. I do love them both though, so at least with this love triangle I know I won't mind her ending up with either one. :P

    I have to say that Cassian sounds super duper sexy though...just getting that out there. Will does, too...but Cassian is smoking! :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Squee definitely Cassian :) I was a bit unsure during Firelight, but definitely decided on Cassian after Vanish :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was a hard one! Both of the posts were pretty convincing, I thought. I ended up going for Cassian because OMG THOSE PICTURES, EXCUSE ME WHILE I DROOL. I mean, because he's the better choice for unshallow reasons. Totally.

    Seriously though, I really, really loved Cassian in Vanish. Read it, Brodieeee! :D You'll love him to... not that you need any more YA boys to love...

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one is hard for me as I haven't read either Firelight or Vanish but I'll have to got for Will. He just seems like the type of sweetie I'd fall for

    ReplyDelete
  16. WILL <3 Soo...I haven't read Vanish yet either, so at the moment, I'm TEAM WILL! But...apparently A LOT of people have changed to Team Cassian in Vanish :S EEEEEE! I NEED TO READ VANISH NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay, as much as Cassian is nice in all, Will is just great! I mean, noting killing Jace when he had the chance, seeing the dragons' hide out and not ratting them out. How can you get better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haven't read this series yet! D: I need to fix this though. Really, really want to read it. For now...I think I'll have to go sit with Team Will. ;) Though I have to admit this is a REALLY tough choice. GAGH. The abs...the abs. I'll just go pat Cassian's non-human abs but be with Team Will. ;) Until I read the books...when I might change my mind....heh.

    ABS.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was Team Will after Firelight, after Vanish I'm not sure what I am any more. I'm going to read the debate thoroughly and decide once I've read the last word :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun poll! It's def a tough choice--but I gotta say, even after Vanish, I'm still a member of Team Will. It must be the hopeless romantic in me...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't started this series yet, but I picked Cassian, purely because of the pictures...:P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz - I knew the pictures would work ;) I mean - visual help is great right?

      Delete
  22. I haven't read this series, but I'm going to go with.... TEAM WILL! He just seemed like the better choice for me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tight race but I have to go with Will.

    ReplyDelete
  24. TEAM CASSIAN!

    Guys - it's biast for me to say this since I wrote the post BUT wouldn't it be nice if the "other guy" came up on top this time? Come on!

    It's an uphill battle for with everyone's vote - WE CAN DO IT!

    Besides Cassian is so. much. HOTTER! Let's all vote Cassian! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Will? Cassian? I picked Cassian. :D Though my decision might change once I actually read the book... :P

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I haven't read Firelight or Vanish....hmmm, based on the debate info...I shall have to go with...um....they both sound lovely in their own right...Is it bad of me to pick Cassian as Will doesn't have an image for my brain . I'm not just picking on looks as I know Will is going to be a spunk, but Cassian!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  27. Will Will Will! I've only read Firelight too, but HELLO! Cassian is all "do as you're told" and Will is all "just be you". NO CONTEST!

    Votes are 50/50! :O!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, it's at 50% for each guy...that's not something I've seen before, usually there's always someone in the lead, even if only slightly! So obviously this is a hard choice, and having not read the books, it's even harder! But I'm going with Team Will because he seems sweet and I'm a sucker for the forbidden romance! Though those pics Lisa provided of Cassian...wow. Yeah. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Will, absolutely going for will. No need to say anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Vanish certainly didn't progress the way I anticipated. It was much better. Sophie got the sibling rivalry just right, the love interest rivalry just right, and the next step promises to be the best one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I thought reading books like this will be boring or something, but when I started reading and fall in the characters, I realized that I’m starting not just to like it but I fell in love with the book.

    ReplyDelete
  32. The "Will" quote is actually a Cassian quote. Research people. Research.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  34. It should definitely be Will and Jacinda, because Cassian deserves better than her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates