Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Team Jem vs. Team Will - The Infernal Devices by Cassie Clare

Today's debates are coming to a close, but you still have all month to vote for your favourite guy! And on Sunday, Lisa and I will have another 4 debates for you to vote in! The links for all our debates today can be found HERE.

Now we conclude the day with the Bromance Smackdown! A fierce war between two 18th century best friends  - Jem and Will from The Infernal Devices! Devoted fangirl Erin sends our hearts aflutter with 13 swoon-worthy reasons why Jem is the number one man. And Celine leads us into war by heading the Team Will camp with his sexy, book-loving ways. It's cruel, but it's time to shatter this bromance! Only one guy will win - who is better for Tessa?

If you haven't read Clockwork Angel, no matter! You can still vote like crazy for whichever guy has made your heart go boom boom. For every debate you vote in, you'll earn extra entries into the GIVEAWAYS!
________________________________________________________________________

TEAM JEM
Represented by: Erin from Tales of the Inner Book Fanatic


"Will has always been the brighter burning star, the one to catch attention - but Jem is a steady flame, unwavering and honest."

James "Jem" Carstairs

Who is this fine, handsome young gentleman?
James - or Jem as they nickname him - Carstairs is a young Shadowhunter in Cassandra Clare's spin-off series, The Infernal Devices. He previously lived in the city of Shanghai along with his Englishman father and Chinese mother until their murder at the Shanghai Institute. Since moving to London, Jem is best known to be best friends with the problematic Will Herondale, and they haven't been apart this. Bromance, anyone? Jem Carstairs may not be everyone's inferior choice, but in the sequel to CLOCKWORK ANGEL, Clockwork Prince, he has definitely earned his right to be 'the' man for Tessa Gray.

Here are 13 reasons why Jem is better than Will Herondale.

1. He's far more handsome than Will in my opinion. He's half-Asian (and Asians have beautiful looks and I love Asian boys). He has silver hair that gleams through the light, along with the beauty of his also silver eyes. I'm all for silver. And, not to mention, he has fantastic cheekbone structure and a smile that you would end up falling for if you met him in real life. C'mon . . . you KNOW YOU WOULD!

2. He liked Tessa the moment he met her and he continued to show her how much he liked her and appreciated her company (for those who've read Clockwork Prince you know what happens with him and Tessa) whereas Will continued to dance around the idea that he was NOT in love with her and always pushed her away for his own selfish-reasoning without fact-checking his dark past. Now I don't know about you, but I want someone who is straightforward and honest with their feelings.

3. He plays the violin. WITH. HIS. EYES. CLOSED. That's talent. That's passion. That's a MAN with so much feeling. Why wouldn't you fall for a guy who knows and plays his music well? Everyone loves a guy playing an instrument . . .

4. He's tolerant with everything Tessa likes. He may not be a fanatic book person like she is nor be able to describe how he feels about her favourite book titles, but he's fascinated with Tessa and wants to be apart of her world - even including himself in her love of books. He would read and write poetry for the sake of Tessa . . . now THAT'S the man you want in your life. Even one who doesn't like reading books! That's dedication people!

5. He has personality, yo! Will Herondale always needs to be in the spotlight - he's brash, an egoist, says things without thinking about other's feelings and he tends to upset the world around him with his over-the-place attitude and his drunken, gambling ways. He never let's people see him for who HE really IS and he's beyond complicated. It's hard to fix someone like that - ultimately change them for the better. And that's exactly why Jem is the man yet again. He doesn't need to be in the spotlight to show readers what a kind, gentle soul he IS. Even with a dark past and having a secretive 'illness' on his side, Jem continues to impress Tessa and the others by showing them what a strong and intelligent fighter he is. He might look weak . . . but he can play dirty! What more could you want?

6. He's so unaware of what effect he has on women. He might be quiet, shy, and sensitive, but this young man here has no ego whatsoever like Will does. Will knows he's good-looking and all the women want him. Jem on the other hand, thinks his illness and sooner death makes him unattractive. No Jem! No way! We are all swooning over you, Jem! Look at the posts around the net where readers have switched to Team Will over to Team Jem! If you think Tessa has pity for Jem, think again! She loves what a kind soul he is (like so many of us do) despite everything he has been through! Drugs and all.

7. He is respectful in every way! There aren't many respectful young men in young adult fiction and I think he treats Tessa with the utmost respect one could give to any young woman.

8. He speaks both English and Mandarin. And says the most romantic things. C'mon - you must find a guy sexy when he speaks another language and Jem just does that to you. When he tells Tessa something in Mandarin and she then asks what it means, he says something completely different to his spoken words of 'you are beautiful'. Oh man . . . that makes your heart melt!

9. He has a super awesome cane! *distracted by the hotness of the dragon cane*

10. He has an incredible relationship with his bestfriend-almost-like-brother Will Herondale. It only goes to show he cares about people other than himself. He cares about what's going on in their lives and wants to be there when he's needed. Especially when it comes to Tessa and Will - he wants to be the shoulder you cry on!

11. When he makes out with Tessa in Clockwork Prince (yes it happens!) he makes the room go hot. Seriously. He seems like a great kisser with a lot of heart and soul behind his sweet kisses. Even Tessa herself was surprised by the passion flowing between them. *wiggles eyebrows* I think Jem has finally come out of his shell and has really proven himself to Tessa unlike Will who continues to wallow in self-pity.

12. He'll never break your heart! Friend, enemy or love interest . . . he won't break your heart! And he has no cruel bone in his body. He wouldn't hurt a damn fly for goodness's sake!

13. And finally . . . Jem IS everything you want in a love interest! The biggest difference between Jem and Will is that Will is still a boy while my dear Jem is a man taking control of his destiny. He's living life and puts all the bad things behind him to continue living this life of his. Even though he has a short time left with an illness that is killing him. Jem maybe dying (there HAS to be a cure people!) but who wants an indecisive little boy when you have another like Jem knowing what he wants and goes after it? That is a man. That is Jem.

Memorable Jem quotes

"I know you feel inhuman, and as if you are set apart, away from life and love, but . . ." His voice cracked a little, the first time Tessa had heard him sound unsure. He cleared his throat. "I promise you, the right man won't care."
~~~~~
"I know," he said, looking down at himself self-consciously. "I am not - I mean, I look -"
"Beautiful," she said, and she meant it. "You are beautiful, James Carstairs."
~~~~~
"Say something in Mandarin," said Tessa, with a smile.
Jem said something that sounded like a lot of breathy vowels and consonants run together, his voice rising and falling melodically: "Ni hen piao liang."
"What did you say?" Tessa was curious.
"I said your hair is coming undone - here," he said, and reached out and tucked an escaping curl back behind her ear. Tessa felt the blood spill hot up into her face, and was glad for the dimness of the carriage. "You have to be careful with it," he said, taking his hand back, slowly, his fingers lingering against her cheek."
~~~~~
"There is a force and strength in love," he said. "That is what that inscription means. It is in the Shadowhunter wedding ceremony, too. For love is as strong as death. Have you not seen how much better I have been these past weeks, Tessa? I have been ill less, coughing less. I feel stronger, I need less of the drug - because of you . . ."

So readers, do you want a selfish, loud, indecisive little boy who decides at the last minute he wants something he can't have? Even though his best friend, Jem, loves a girl whom Will continues to play his feelings with? C'mon and let's support the man of the year - Jem Carstairs! You've read the reasons why he deserves to be 'THE MAN' for Tessa Gray and now I'll leave it up to you to be the judge!
TEAM WILL
Represented by: Celine from Forget-me-not

Hello everyone! I'm Celine from Forget-me-not. Today it's my honour to represent Team Will from the awesome Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare.

Who is William Herondale?
Will is a 17 year old Welsh Shadowhunter in 19th century London, who alongside with James Carstairs, his Parabatai, rescued Tessa Gray from Dark Sisters. He is a very handsome young man with black hair, blue eyes and many fancy him. Although he might seem rude and arrogant, deep down he is a very caring person who would sacrifice himself for the ones he loves. Unexpectedly, he falls in love with Tessa, a girl who captured his heart, made him laugh from his whole heart and feel love once more. 

What are Will's Best Qualities?
Besides the fact that he is extremely handsome and good-looking, Will loves to read books and poetry. He is a very strong Shadowhunter who is willing to sacrifice himself for everyone he loves. He can quote poems in the middle of a conversation and he's very good with words. He recommends books to read and is willing to do whatever it takes to make his loved ones safe and happy.

Why is Will perfect for Tessa?
Will loves books, just like how Tessa loves books. Books connected them to each other. They spend time in the library together at night, recommending books to each other and discussing about titles they have read. He completely understands the way she loves books and words. Plus, we know that chemistry builds from 2 different people's attraction. Will and Tessa aren't always so 'sweet' to each other that they never fight. They often disagree with each other and push each other around, which makes their chemistry and bond stronger. Although Will pushed Tessa away, there is a deeply heart-breaking reason behind this. Will may seem like a 'bad' guy, but it is far beyond that. There is a reason as to why Will acts the way he is. He willingly sacrifices himself for those he loves, such as for Jem and Tessa. On the outside, he may seem cold and distant, but on the inside, he's breaking and the only thing that keeps him feeling truly alive and happy is Tessa. Will never questions his feelings for Tessa. Tessa also loves Will, especially after finding out that he loves books as much as she does. How can Will, who is willing to make the biggest sacrifices to ensure that his loved ones are safe and happy, who loves to read books, who loves Tessa, not be perfect for Tessa who has loved Will since the beginning?

“We live and breathe words. It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them. Reading your words, what you wrote, how you were lonely sometimes and afraid, but always brave; the way you saw the world, its colors and textures and sounds, I felt--I felt the way you thought, hoped, felt, dreamt. I felt I was dreaming and thinking and feeling with you. I dreamed what you dreamed, wanted what you wanted--and then I realized that truly I just wanted you. The girl behind the scrawled letters. I loved you from the moment I read them. I love you still."
“If no one cares for you at all, do you even really exist?” 
“He bent to put his cheek against hers. His breath against her ear made her shudder with each deliberately spoken word. "I have wanted to do this," he said, "every moment of every hour of every day that I have been with you since the day I met you.”  

How is Will better than Jem in the love triangle with Tessa?

Will truly loves Tessa and their chemistry is stronger than Jem with Tessa. Jem is too patient and soft that he'll never disagree with Tessa. Tessa is a strong woman and this is why she needs a boy who will sometimes disagree with her, shares a strong bond and chemistry with her and who truly loves her, like Will. Will truly loves Tessa that he is willing to sacrifice himself for her. He also cares a lot for Jem that he's willing to sacrifice himself for his best friend. As much as Jem loves Tessa, he has not sacrificed anything big for Tessa, unlike Will. When Tessa is with Will, she can be herself, say what she wants, while with Jem, she has to be careful and try not to hurt his feelings. Now, seeing from Tessa's perspective, she loves Will first before Jem. As the saying goes, first love never dies. Even though Tessa might love Jem, she will always have feelings for Will. Tessa and Will share a once in a lifetime love. If Jem knew this, he would be upset. To devote yourself to someone would mean that you love this person only. Can Tessa do it when she is with Jem?
"He loved her enough to know she was better off without him."
Will might have made Tessa upset, but things are far deeper than that. He is not doing it for the pleasure of inflicting pain towards those he loves. This might sound really harsh but for a girl's sake, like Tessa, it would be good for her to end up with boys who will stay with her forever, and stay with her for as long as possible. Seeing if Jem does end up with Tessa, he is already sick and he won't live as long as Will. Now you might all say, he's sick for goodness sake, let him have his happiness before he dies! I couldn't agree more. Jem deserves his happiness too, but think about those he will leave behind. What about Tessa's happiness? It would be so painful for her to see Jem die. Can you imagine losing your 'lover' in a such a short time? If Tessa ends up with Will, they would both at least live a longer life together compared to Tessa and Jem. Will understands Tessa better than anybody else because they both love words and express their feelings by writing and reading. It would be difficult for Jem to understand how Tessa feels about words and books because they do not share the same passion. Will and Tessa are alike in ways Jem could not be with her. I think Jem will understand if Tessa chooses Will. Jem would want what's best for Tessa.
Everyone, particularly those who have been hurt, like Will, deserve a chance at happiness. And his happiness is Tessa.
Although we have this very complicated love triangle and different people siding in different teams, I think we all can agree that Cassie Clare writes one of the best heart-breaking love triangles and swoon-worthy characters!

Thank you so much for reading this 'lengthy' post! I'd like to thank Cassie for RT-ing my tweet and all Team Will fans out there for helping me out with this post. Your thoughts are all precious and has been placed in this post!

My last words: Will and Tessa belong together, no matter what happens! Team Will forever!



So now I leave you with the incredible difficult job of VOTING. Has Erin or Celine managed to sway your devout heart to the right boy? (Somebody please tell me who that is, because I am so very conflicted right now!). Erin has well and truly tangled Jem around the vessels of my heart with his achingly sweet personality, but Celine has me so torn with Will's arrogant yet caring nature and.. erm... Nicholas Hoult sure doesn't hurt my eyes ;) Who do YOU think is best for Tessa?

Cast your vote below, enter the giveaway form and then battle it out amongst your fellow readers in the comments!  

Voting will remain open until the end of the month.






Another widely popular love triangle is locked in battle on Lisa's blog between Edward and Jacob from Twilight! Do you prefer your boy fangy or furry? Head over and vote!

61 comments:

  1. GO JEM GO JEM GO JEM!!!!! This is going to be a hard poll I reckon . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not read these books either yet (I get so confused! I thought I had to finish Mortal Instruments before reading this series - but then that series now has more books! CONFUSION! Lol). So my vote is simply on the arguments.

    I vote for Will. Why? Jem sounds kind of boring. I might like him better if I read the book, but at least Will doesn't go out of his way to make Tessa happy. I'm sorry, but I'd get annoyed with someone who is constantly trying to please me. Disagreements (not arguments) can be fun! Jem needs to stop pretending, you don't need to have everything in common, he doesn't need to try to be interested in books when he's not. That would annoy the hell out of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will. As much as I love Jem (and I do really love Jem), I think Will takes the cake for me. I prefer his personality - I mean, he reads! And likes expressing his opinion! I like having debates with people. It's fun :P. And he deserves some happiness. So go Team Will! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Jem is a wonder FRIEND to Tessa. Team Will all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will!! I'm sorry, I LOVE Jem, but I just love Will more. And I disagree that he's selfish, because when reading we find out he's quite the opposite, in my opinion. I agree that Tessa needs Will as well!

    "Tessa is a strong woman and this is why she needs a boy who will sometimes disagree with her, shares a strong bond and chemistry with her and who truly loves her, like Will. Will truly loves Tessa that he is willing to sacrifice himself for her. He also cares a lot for Jem that he's willing to sacrifice himself for his best friend."

    Exactly! And yes, she can be herself with him too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, this is so hard! :D I really don't know who to choose. Will is this mysterious bad-boy type of guy, while Jem is sweet and amazing, but they are both great! I'm torn... perhaps Will...

    ReplyDelete
  7. GO WILL!!!!! I didn't realize this post was up!!! TEAM WILL FTW!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them BOTH. But...I did vote team Will. Cause I think, maybe I love him a little bit more? GREAT arguments from both of you though

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will, this post made me love hiom more than the other ( now after reading the books perhaps....)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a tough debate. I haven't read these books yet (but I need to) so I am voting based solely on the articles. I have to say that I will always prefer heat and passion over patience. Tess seems fiery and she needs someone that will stand up to her. It seems like Will is that guy. Plus, who doesn't love a guy that reads? Will has my vote (though it was very close)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not long started reading the TID series, but I fell for Will pretty much as soon as I started reading about him!

    "He loved her enough to know she was better off without him."

    This says it all for me. It shows how much he loves her, because he's willing to hurt himself so that she's happy. Or maybe it's that his self-sacrificing in the name of love reminds me of Angel from Buffy a lil bit.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I gotta say I love them both, but when forced to choose I have to go with Will.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nooooooooo!!! I knew this debate was coming but I'm still not prepared to choose! The love triangle in TID is one of my FAVOURTIES of all time -- and considering how many LTs I read, that's really big LOL -- because both boys are almost equally amazing. <3 But with all of those points about Will & Tessa... I have to say that I lean just a little bit more towards Will! x) And gosh, do I ever love the dark hair/blue eyes mix!

    Erin, Celine, you two ROCK with how amazing both of those defenses are! You had me teetering on the middle of the scale! x) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's totally coming through in the polls! THEY'RE SO CLOSE! It's soooo hard to pick between them though. <3 I just love them both SO MUCH!

      Delete
  14. After the latest installment, I'm on Will's team. His conviction sold me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just. Got. Chills!

    "I have wanted to do this," he said, "every moment of every hour of every day that I have been with you since the day I met you.”

    Sigh..definitely team Will! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol I am terrible cos I haven't read these books either but Celine used Nicholas Hoult so I'm going to go with Will!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Will Will WILL...my heart almost broke reading Clockwork Prince. WILL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its so hard to choose between them. I'm saying Will but.. damn.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Even though my heart completely broke for Will at the end of CP, I'm completely 100% Team Jem! <3 He's so kind, and loving, and wonderful.. *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Will! <3 When he and Tessa are in the same room together, it's either fiery and passionate or funny and witty! My two most favorite things in YA! :) I love Jem though, but he feels too safe for me so I'm definitely Team Will!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jem's quotes...he is just a beautiful guy , but Team Will is my guy. Cassandra has made it uber hard for the reader. Sorry Jem, your character writer needs to make you less appealing, you are lovely, but Team Will wins out. There is something about him.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  22. *shakes head* What is with all these Will's fans? I just don't understand why everyone goes for the troubled guy all the time. The nice guy must win so if you're a Jem fan VOTE FOR HIM ASAP! Sigh. Jem . . . you are a winner in my heart no matter who wins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe!! I love Jem, but Will...he's my sweety even if he is a tad cranky sometimes . Cassandra made it very hard, she makes Jem so beautiful and kind, just something about Will:D

      Delete
  23. Wowza, this one is a close one! I could hardly choose now...imagine when I read the series! ;-) For now I chose Will...but only just!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Team Will....but it was a tough call!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have not read this series yet. But I voted Jem :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Erin puts up a heck of a fantastic fight and she temps me, but my heart belongs to Will in this one! Celine just cemented all the reasons I love this Herondale boy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hear more about Will than Jem, so I'm saying he's the best. :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awe...even thinking about Clockwork Prince just makes me sad again. Such a heartbreaking book...but still so amazing. Clockwork Princess seriously can't come out soon enough!


    Anyway...I'm Team Will all the way...that boy had me from the moment he broke himself into Tessa's room in the Dark Sisters' House...*sigh* I love Jem, too...but not in the same way. Will's all burning passion, and he's also got so much in common with Tessa. I love that they both read, and that they make each other think. The way that they would exchange books or read books that the other mentioned was just adorable....absolutely freaking loved it. :D And...the letter in CP....oh my goodness, I didn't think I could fall for Will any harder than I already had. :P

    ReplyDelete
  29. AHHHHHHHHH THIS IS SO HARD. I'm inclined to skip most of the debates though because I HAVE NOT READ CLOCKWORK PRINCE! *cries* (DAMN YOU SCHOOL!) So for now, I'm just gonna go with who I supported at the end of Clockwork Angel and that's TEAM WILL! WHOOT.

    Though, who knows, I might read Clockwork Prince and be all TEAM JEM.

    This is a hard debate. :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. Seems like people are voting more times for Will than they're supposed to . . . haha. *glares and stares at everyone suspiciously* o_O My poor Jem . . . why can't people see you in the way I do. *cries* Don't get me wrong Will is everything you want but Jem is everything you need. There's a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I was all for Team Jem in Clockwork Angel because Will was a jerk in it, but after Clockwork Prince I've come to love and understand Will more. So Team Will it is!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm team Will all the way. I just have a thing for guys like him, and Jem seemed a bit boring to me... Great arguments though!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I voted for JEEEEEM!!! There's nothing wrong with Will of course but..at this point in time, I like Jem better.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Really tough choice. But since only one can win i voted for Jem :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Aaah, this was so hard! But Jem gets my vote! :D

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love how the poll is so incredibly close! It's a really hard decision :P because I haven't read Clockwork Prince, I'm going to have to say TEAM WILL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  37. WILL WITHOUT QUESTION! How can you not love that guy? Seriously?? I just don't understand how some people could claim to hate him! WILL WILL WILL! *clears throat* Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously?! People HATE him? D: D: D: *hugs bb Will* How can he be hated. GAGH.

      Delete
  38. Will Will Will Will Will !
    He really is a great guy who means well ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'd say Will, as he relates to me a bit more than Jem does, with the books and all.

    ReplyDelete
  40. i gotta say, in the end, i choose team will..... its such a hard choice though!!!! i feel bad for jem, but will's the guy for tessa. TEAM WILL!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Will does relate to me more than the perfect gentle guy. Will as a character is alot more developed and easier to connect to. For Tessa he's the better choice considering they both have very similiar hobbies and their personalities match each other as they keep each other in check. Will doesnt give in to her all the time and lets her fight her own battles b.c he knows that she can. I prefer that type of boyfriend then the one who constantly thinks he has to protect me.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I prefer Will more. He's definitely the perfect guy for me. He's perfect in the way that he's imperfect. I dont like the guys that never get mad or doesnt have flaws. Jem is an amazing friend towards Will. In fact Will wouldnt be as interesting if not because of his bromance with Jem. Too me thats more interesting then their love triangle with Tessa. Out of those two Will seems to be the one who carries the book though and he reminds me of Jace while Jem is alot more like Alec.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I like jem and i feel bad for him, but i think will is a better choice for tessa. Jem is nice and loves tessa but... will is really broken, and has a lot more in common with tessa, and the book even said the only reason he was mean to her is because he loves her so much. I think tessa should be with will rather than jem.

    ReplyDelete
  44. TEAM JEM - Will may have thought he had a curse, but he should not have been too cruel as to have insulted Tessa. Love is truth, if he truly loved Tessa, he should have told her about his curse right away. She had the right to know. As Jem confessed to Tessa the truth about his impending death, because he knew she had the right to know.

    Will was her first love. They are both strong personalities and they are almost similar. But she chose Jem, not out of pity, but because she truly FELL IN LOVE with him, she saw how he accepted her, and she felt such love for him that she did not feel with Will.

    Will may be fire, but fire burns. Jem is the air that Tessa breathes :)

    On one hand, Jem should have sensed the romance between Will and Tessa, and he should have given Will the chance to make things right with Tessa. But I guess I can't really blame him for confessing - it's the first time he was selfish about anything.

    I do think that Tessa was quite fickle with her feelings at first: "Will wants me, now he hates me, Will insulted my virtue, Jem please help me, I think Jem likes me, I'll let him kiss me, such passion with Jem, Will kissed me and I loved it, Will hates me again, go back to Jem, agree to marry Jem, Will tells the truth, my feelings for Jem waver, I choose Jem, I crush Will's feelings, I still want Will, but I love Jem."

    But who wouldn't feel confused? They're both hot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. I haven't read TID, but I plan to! This post makes me really go for Jem. JESSA ALL THE WAY! (Even if I do love Will's book-loving-ness.)

    ReplyDelete
  46. TEAM JEM ALL THE WAY! Jem doesn't think he's "all that" but Will does and gloats about it just as Jace Herondale (I can see the family resemblance) yeah Will thought he had a curse put on him but he was crueler than he had to be and very unobservant because if the curse was true Jem, Charlotte, Henry and maybe even Jessamine would have died. Even in TMI i was against the Herondales its not that i dont like them (because i do. very much) its just that there is something about how they hold themselves and think that they are superior to others. Will acted as if he hated Tessa at the beginning for a good reason but Jem cared for her straight away and Will wanted Tessa to go and BREAK THE ENGAGEMENT now is that someone who cares for those he loves? i dont think so! he wanted Tessa for himself and he didnt ever say "i'm sorry that i had to do that" he just said that he had a reason for it though it made it sound like he was apologizing and he did ask for forgiveness but he kept pushing to Tessa and in my opinion that was not the very "gentleman like thing" to do (as Aunt Harriet would have said). plus Tessa physically injured herself because she was so confused because of Will and what had just happened now i could go on to explain the different personalities but i think that most understand that they are very different in very many ways because where Will is hard Jem is soft and where Jem is awkward Will is flaunting. Will isn't the only person who has had to push people away for fear of what might happen to them- does anyone recall Jem pushing will away during training and telling Will that "he deserved someone who was going to live, who could look out for him all is life" someone other than him, who was likely to die sooner rather than later. like i've said i can go on and on but this will have to do for now. TEAM JEM

    ReplyDelete
  47. JEM JEM JEM JEM JEM TEAM JEM!
    I love Jem too much. It's unhealthy for me. (His tarot card is my background image!)
    I agree with Carleigh t. Erin was FANTASTIC! She cemented my Jem-ness even further.
    GO JESSA!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I personally love Jem but I think Tessa and Will should be together. Not because of Wills looks or anything but because he watched Tessa and Jem together and even though it was killing him inside he didn't say anything because he loves them THAT much. I think they had more chemistry than Jem and Tessa ever had. I know lots of people will say he didn't have to be that cruel but when he thought she died he was absolutely terrified, that can't even begin to sum up what he was feeling. He thought the more he pushed her away the safer she'd be. Don't get me wrong Tessa and Jem loved each other very much but Will was completely in love with her from the moment he read her letters. They both fell desperately In love with her but they were both blind to the others feelings for her. I'd be happy if she ended up with either of them but I personally think Tessa and Will should be together

    ReplyDelete
  49. The thing is will watched Jem and Tessa together despite it breaking him
    Even though Jem is amazing i don't think he would be able to sacrifice as much as will did
    Also jem makes all these huge promises he often doesn't fulfill
    For eg he told Tessa he'd rather die than become a silent brother and not marry her
    Yet in the face of death and pain he wavers and picks life over love
    If will was faces with the same dilemma
    He would have picked love for Tess over life as a silent brother

    ReplyDelete
  50. The thing is will watched Jem and Tessa together despite it breaking him
    Even though Jem is amazing i don't think he would be able to sacrifice as much as will did
    Also jem makes all these huge promises he often doesn't fulfill
    For eg he told Tessa he'd rather die than become a silent brother and not marry her
    Yet in the face of death and pain he wavers and picks life over love
    If will was faces with the same dilemma
    He would have picked love for Tess over life as a silent brother

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates