Sunday, February 12, 2012

Team Puck vs. Team Ash - Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa

Did you miss the two new debates we posted today? Cam vs. Daniel and Peeta vs. Gale are locked in a ferocious battle! Don't let your fave boy lose!

And now I welcome two characters who are no strangers to opposing one another. They may have once been the best of friends, but Ash and Puck have been at odds for over a century and now even more so as they battle for the heart of Meghan Chase (okay, we already know who wins her heart, but some crazy people haven't finished the Iron Fey series yet!!). And to you who haven't finished - WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

Joanne brings to light all the reasons we love Puck, whose mischievously delightful personality brightens any room he enters. And Shirley makes us swoon for Ash, whose devestating and chaotic past cannot ever freeze the warmth hiding in his heart. From opposing courts, sharing a history rife with tragedy, these boys both know how to put up a fierce fight against one another. But it's your hands now, who deserves to win Meghan's heart - and yours?
 
 _______________________________________________________________________

TEAM PUCK
Represented by: Joanne from Cotton Candy Reviews


Puck or Robin Goodfellow from Julie Kagawa’s Iron Fey series is an adorable prankster with a lethal side. What’s not to love? He always has a joke or snide comment on hand and lightens up every scene he’s in. I love Puck. “I've always wanted the IQ of a rock. No, wait. That would be an insult to the rock.” This guy makes me laugh out loud and wish I could have a Puck of my own.

Why he is right for Meghan? They’ve been friends forever and know each other like the backs of their hands. He can make her smile, lift her mood and know what she’s thinking. He set off with Meghan on her journey without a second thought. He’s been there for her every step of the way and always will be. Puck protects her with everything he has. “I have always loved you, princess" Robin Goodfellow promised, his green eyes shining in the darkness. "I always will. And I'll take whatever you can give me." Doesn’t this quote just make you melt? After everything that has happened this is how he feels.

“Me? Die? Didn't they tell you, princess? I'm Robin Goodfellow.” And he always comes back! Just when you think he’s gone for good and the tears start he shows himself and my heart swells with happiness. Puck is just an all-around great guy. There aren’t many guys who can claim as much notoriety as the Summer Fey known as Robin Goodfellow. This is why I choose Puck.
TEAM ASH
Represented by: Shirley from Shiirleyy's Bookshelf


ASHHHH 
*instantly melts*

Man, writing a post about why ASH IS MY ALL-TIME FAVOURITE LITERARY BOYFRIEND is both an honour and a little er...overwhelming! Why? Because I'm totally obsessed with him, so be warned; there will be excessive gushing, rants and an abundance of exclamation marks. But of course you'll read on and vote for him or else I'll probably make a personal visit to you and literally force you to vote for Ash! No, I'm kidding, but please DO read on! Ash really does deserve your vote!!

Let's start with a brief introduction:
My name, my full, True name, is Ashallayn’darkmyr Tallyn, and I am the last son of the Unseelie Court.
There were three of us at one time, all princes of Winter, myself and my brothers, Sage and Rowan.  I never knew my sire, never cared to know him, nor did my siblings ever speak of him.  I wasn’t even positive we shared the same sire, but it didn’t matter.  In the Unseelie Court, Mab was the sole ruler, the one and only queen.  Handsome fey and even wayward mortals she might take to her bed, but Mab shared her throne with no one.
Ash is a man of few words, so you're lucky to know that much about him already!

Appearance & Personality:
Oh my, Ash has GOT TO BE ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING YA male characters out there! No kidding! (Or at least how I've imagined him in my mind!)

(shame on you if you haven’t read seen the ASH on the cover of the Iron Knight!)

Apart from the eyes (which are suppose to be silver *swoon*), I actually like how Ash looks here <3

Here's how our heroine Meghan sees him:
'high cheekbones and dark tousled hair falling into his eyes'
'..young, pale, strikingly handsome..'
'tall and lean,garbed in silver and black'
'devastatingly gorgeous, dressed all in black, his pale face seeming to float over the ground'

Did you read that?!?! DEVASTATINGLY GORGEOUS! With his pale face, dazzling silver eyes and irresistible high cheekbones, I don't think any girl in their right mind, can reject him! And everywhere he goes, you'll see him with his trademark sword - something that he'll never ever part with. Doesn't that make you feel protected, like even if the sky came crashing down on you, he'll be there to shield you?

Hmm...do those quotes remind you of a certain actor...
Perhaps...
BEN BARNES?!?!?!
Of course, There’s NO ONE out there who can live up to the perfect image of Ash in my mind, BUT I really wouldn't mind Ben Barnes!

Personality wise, Ash may seem distant, cold and emotionless, and the only people who've ever seem him in his vulnerable state are Meghan and (once upon a time) Puck. But he doesn't shut everyone out because he's a heartless person who genuinely wants to do that; it's only to protect himself in the Winter Court. (And of course later on Meghan,once she arrives at the Winter Court)
There is a reason the Winter Court freezes out their emotions, why feelings are considered a weakness and a folly among the Unseelie fey.  Emotion corrupts the senses, makes them weak, makes them disloyal to kith and court.
But beneath this mask, Ash is truly fiercely loyal to the one he serves. Once upon a time, he did everything for his Queen; what she asked of him, he would complete. He would never betray his Queen's trust.
Then, came Meghan; and with it, his devotion to her as well.
'I promised I’d find a way for us to be together. I intend to keep that promise.'
“My name is Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, third son of the Unseelie Court...Let it be known--from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit. This I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on..." His voice went even softer, but I still heard it as though he whispered it into my ear. "I am yours.”

He may isolate himself from others; he may act as though he doesn't give crap about anything; he may purposely say something cruel enough to pierce an innocent person's heart, but beneath this exterior,he really is a loving and heartfelt person. He rarely ever reveals his true self, but when he does, you'll understand the terrible pain he has to suffer just to keep up this pretense.

If there's one thing you have to believe about him, it is that he loves Meghan with his heart, his soul, his entire existence.

Ash.
Not Puck.

Why Ash?
Our icy Prince is loyal, and fully devoted to his task of protecting the one he loves. He'll kill every single wild creature out in the Nevernever who stands in Meghan's way, shield her from any unprecedented attack, and when he promises to do something, he WILL accomplish it, even if what comes after, is death.

In every single book, you'll realize that everytime Meghan is on a mission/journey to accomplish something important/save someone/find answers Ash is always the one by her side. He's always there to protect her, give her strength and support her. From the day that he pledged his life to her, he'll be forever by her side.

"Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit."

Oh, and I'm a real sucker for true love. Ash has gone through EVERYTHING imaginable; including overcoming every obstacle and passing every trial that stood between his & Meghan's happiness (i.e. going to the end of the world) just so he could be with her. He was willing to give up his throne and Prince title,(and he was the heir to the throne!) if it meant he could live with his true love. And it didn't matter if he would eventually fade into nothingness ( because that's what would happen to faeries once they're forgotten or stay too long in the mortal world) if it meant spending every moment with the one he loved. You'll be insane to reject a guy like Ash, who has lost everything that once defined him, given up his home, his world, just for that one girl.

And do I even need to mention what happened in the Fourth Book? What Ash did there, was beyond any normal person's capabilities. Seriously? To accomplish the impossible? It's absurd! But he never gave up; his heart never wavered and he believed he could be successful. What Ash did proved how much he was willing to sacrifice for Meghan & how Meghan has completely changed him to a better person.

Andddd...seriously, one of my FAVOURITE quotes ever! (From the Iron Queen. I swear I've read this scene A MILLION times (maybe even enough times to surpass HARRY POTTER, and trust me, I've lost count of how many times I've read THAT)  & this is one of the most memorable quotes from said scene :D )

“Forgive me," Ash murmured, and I heard the faintest of tremors beneath his voice. "But I can't...I won't...give her up. Not now, when I've just found her."
OMG. My heart literally breaks every single time I read that!!

One last quote! It's also one of my favourites <3

“Touch her, and I'll freeze your testicles off and put them in a jar. Understand?”
Now, I'll admit that Puck is certainly one of the most amusing characters ever (and I love him!)but personally, I find him to be a better BEST FRIEND rather than BOYFRIEND material. But that's just me (and hopefully you too after reading my very...all-over-the-place post :D)

Ash, you're my hero <3

Has Joanne won you over with the adorable prankster Puck, who despite his joking nature, has a fiercely loyal interior? Or has Shirley captured your soul with the dedication and fierceness of the Winter Prince, Ash? I absolutely LOVE Puck, but it's Ash who my heart is forever pledged to. There is no denying Julie Kagawa has created two absolutely AMAZING characters who I love equally! But now it's time for YOU to choose a Team!

Cast your vote below, enter the giveaway form and then battle it out amongst your fellow readers in the comments!  After filling in the form (you must fill it in once for every debate you want entries counted for - total 16) each comment you make will earn you entries!

Voting will remain open until the end of the month.






48 comments:

  1. Ash! that 's definitively my vote.... i still have to read the books ( yes i know so many on my wish list but i won't start by the last one, i read in order ^^;;)but with all teh reviews and description i can't see how i could vote puck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm in the minority with this one, but I really don't mind. I love Puck and his prankster ways and the way he always has a witty and sarcastic comment about everything. He made me laugh constantly while reading the Iron Fey books. I love Ash too, but I'm definitely Puck's girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I flipping adore Puck. But that scene when he and Meghan.... and Grim interrupts.... rabbits... (trying to be vaaaague and not spoilery here) still makes me giggle! Wven though the Meghan/Puck-ness was interrupted ;) But while I LOVE Puck, Ash stole my heart!

      Delete
    2. Honestly everything that puck said made me melt and blush he is amazing and are u forgetting what he says I mean if I was any of u go with puck like come on Ewwww to whoever is on team Ash team Puck forever love always-pucklover214

      Delete
    3. Brodie I could agree more I feel the same way it's just I Want Puck moreπŸ’‹πŸ˜œπŸ’πŸ’˜

      Delete
  3. I just started reading, but I like Ash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, I haven't read this series yet (I know, kill me!), but it seems like Puck is a nice guy, but he would be more fit for a best friend, but Ash, totally won over my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GO ASH!!!! <3 What an awesome triangle debate and Shirley, your post convinced me even more to vote for Ash! <3 Ben Barnes kinda looks perfect for him, lol. Ash FTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TEAM ASH TEAM ASH TEAM ASH. <3 Shirley's post was sooo good! Now when I read the books I'm going to see Ben Barnes as Ash pretty much all the time. XD

      Delete
  6. Aww man, I really tried to be neutral here.

    I'M SORRY THOUGH, JOANNE, IT'S ASH AND HE HAS MY HEART FOREVER <3

    Both of these debates are awesome! I love how the one for Puck was relatively short but still managed to shed light on all the things I adore about Puck.

    Shirley... I'll share Ash with you ;) Obviously you'd be a little heartbroken if I kept you two apart LOL.

    GOOD JOB, GIRLS! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously you'd both be a little heartbroken if I kept you apart from Ash, but in these such circumstances, compassion is for the weak at heart. *STEALS ASH* MIIIIIIIIIIIIINEEEEEEE!!!

      Delete
  7. Ash. Ash. Ash. Ash. AAASSSSHHHHHH!!! There is no competition in my eyes. The Winter prince has my heart!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Team Puck!!! I am definitely a Puck girl, even though I like Ash too lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, so here's the deal. As far as characters go, I'm definitely more of a Puck fan. Ash is a little too much like the stereotypical paranormal love interest for my tastes. BUT...I had to vote for Ash in this case because I think he and Meghan are more of a compatible match. If it were me making the decision, Puck would win hands down, but honestly, I don't think Meghan and Puck would ever be happy together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can definitely see your point there! I wasn't entirely sold on Ash in book one, but after I took a long gap between reading and when into Iron Daughter, he had just zoomed in and yoinked away my heart for himself :) And the ending of Iron Queen... and then Iron Knight... oh maaaaan. But Puck! Gosh I love him. I could read an entire book on that charming faerie (I still need to read that novella!).

      Delete
  10. ASH!!!!!!!!


    There's no contest for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. EEEEE!! ASH IS WINNINGGG <333 I LOVE YOU ALL! *MWAHH*
    You know, I swear luck's not on my side! Right before you posted this, my internet decided to fail me, so I couldn't see this post until TODAY! But...YAYYYY! ASSHHH <33

    Oh and BRODIE! CONGRATZZ on getting over 1000 followers!!! <3333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *glomps* HOW IS YOUR DEBATE FOR TEAM ASH SO FREAKING AMAZING?!

      Not that I was already planning to read the books, but you're making me pine even more. :P :P

      Oooooh CONGRATS BRODIE! *glomps you too* 1000 FOLLOWERS IS AN AAAAAAAAAAAAMAZING ACCOMPLISHMENT! Your blog is so flawless it deserves 100,000 followers. ;)

      Delete
    2. EEEEEEEEEEEEE THANK YOU, GIRLS!! <3 Hehe, 100,000 minions would most definitely go to my head. World domination, you're almost in my grasp! buahahaha. Ahem.

      Seriously Shirley, reading your debate has me SO wanting to go back and reread the entire freaking series *sigh* Or maybe just The Iron Knight because ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH! *weeps for him*

      As soon as Alice is finished school, we're locking her away in our dungeon (yes, we have a dungeon for such purposes) and forcing her to read this series.

      Delete
    3. LOL. I sure as hell hope that you don't just consider me a mere MINION. ;) I AM SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT!

      foasfhosdaufhsoufhsod I need to read this series. D: D: YOU NEVER KNOW. MAYBE I'LL GET HOLD OF IT BEFORE THE END OF SCHOOL AND MANAGE TO READ IT ON MY TRAIN TRIPS! I need my YA boyfriend. <3

      Delete
  12. Well we know who is the favourite. No contest there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. *Awkward fidgeting* I HAVE NOT READ THESE BOOKS.

    Please do not let me feel the shame. I have already been shamed. And pestered by Shirley to get off my ass and read them. FORGIVE ME.

    But, meanwhile, I'm pretty sure I know what Team I should be on. ;) TEAM ASH FOR ME!

    And is that...SHIRLEY? DID YOU WRITE THAT FABULOUS DEBATE? Cause, y'know, I'm reading it and thinking how fabulously awesome it is and then I realise SHIRLEY WROTE IT. ;) Makes sense then. And it makes sense while you're hunting me down unless I read this series and find out about the awesomeness of Team Ash bahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read them yet, but based on those great team defenses, I think Ash is winning over my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ash. I like Puck...but I love Ash. He just has this way about him. And he did so much for Meghan. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to read this series now, seriously. I even have the first book waiting! LOL. Soooo... While I want to love Puck since I've heard so many good things about it... Ash just stole my heart with those quotes and the way he was described... *sigh*

    *goes to pick the first book up*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did pick up the first book, and yesssss. Totally Ash<3 Though puck is still wonderful of course. *sigh*

      Delete
    2. YAY REBECCA!! You must continue reading the series. I very stupidly read the first book AGES ago and then only recently picked up the rest. And OH. MY. WINTER. PRINCE. Wait until you read The Iron Queen and The Iron Knight - my two favourite in the series! The endings of both will tear at your heart <3333333

      Delete
  17. i love ash, so does my friend

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shirley... did you seriously just pull the Ben Barnes card?
    Because... er... how could I vote otherwise?

    I've not even READ the books, and I'm trying to resist the urge to run down the street chanting 'TEAM ASH! TEAM ASH! TEAM ASH!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not understand the female obsession with Ben Barnes!! I mean, yes, he's not bad looking, but.... HMMMM. ANYWHO. I usually imagine Ash as the Ash on the cover of Iron Knight.

      But SARAH. YOU'RE A SMART GIRL. TEAM ASH TEAM ASH TEAM ASH! But seriously, even if you were Team Puck, I wouldn't mind because Puck is freaking awesome <3

      Delete
  19. Team Ash...I love Puck, but the poor dude's in the friend zone with me. ;P

    I'm not sure how anyone can resist the ice prince...he's had me swooning since he was the broody random dude on the horse. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee! <3 I admit I was a little more Team Puck in the first book and sort of swaying over to Ash. But the moment I picked up Iron Daughter, my loyalties were firmly cemented in Winter Prince territory <333

      And oh gosh, THE IRON KNIGHT?! ASSSSSSSSSSSHHH!!

      Delete
  20. AAAAAASSSSHHHHHH!

    Ahem.

    Yes, I love Ash that much. He's one of my top YA boyfriends! ;) I've been crushing on him ever since I've read the series!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh this one is easy peasy...Prince Ash...gorgeous, a tad cranky at first , but then...*sigh*. Puck is more bff material. Ash is beautiful and brave, Puck is brave too, but a bit of a clown.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  22. Team Ashhh! Even though I've only read the first book and wasn't keen on the series. He was intriguing as a bit of a bad boy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So. I'm one of those crazy ppl who have only read the first book of this series, and because of that, choosing was hard. I adore Puck, and wish he'd had more of a chance with Meagan...but that said, there's Ash. Yeah, I'm Team Ash! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Team Ash - he seems like the guy who would just do anything, if possible everything for the person he loves.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like Ash but i love and adore Puck xD hahah , everytime he shows up in the book it makes me laugh, if this is going to be a movie i wish Nick Roux could play Puck.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Puck<33333333 he was always ther for her and stood up for her when the kids at school picked on her in book 1 hes so sweet and can always make her smile while ash is kind of a jerk that has a bad history and half the time is fighting with meghan.....

    ReplyDelete
  27. team puck for sure, I've just finished reading the first book so I'm not sure whom she will chose at the end, but sadly I'm guessing it's Ash (buhuhu noooo). In my eyes Puck is the one who will do anything for Meghan. But every time she describes Ash' rock hard muscular body and his gorgous face, I feel puck sinking deeper and deeper into the friendzone (don't worry Puck I'll marry you). And ofcours I'm not immune to ash' handsomeness. I don't dislike him or anything, but Puck is the sweetest and I love his personality (not bad looking either). Even do the chances are low, I'm still hoping Puck wil be the lucky one.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great post! I still haven't decided yet...I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  29. TEAM ASH ALL THE WAY! OMG that was so well written for Ash!
    Those quotes are totally swoon worthy gahhh, I'm freaking head over heels for Ash <3

    ReplyDelete
  30. TEAM ASH AND TEAM PUCK!!!! OMG
    I'm from Spain but I finish these books recently
    Ash is careful and responsible
    and Puck is joker and foolish
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT THE TWO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  31. TONIGHT I WILL PROVE YOU ALL WRONG (EXCEPT THE ONES WHO VOTED PUCK) PUCK IS THE ONE YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR ALTHOUGH ITS TOO LATE AND GUESS WHAT HERES SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT- IN THE IRON KNIGHT READ ABOUT ALL THE HORRIBLE THINGS ASH DID IN THE PAST HE IS A STONE COLD KILLER HIS UNSEELIE HERITAGE LIES DEEP WITHIN HIM AND I HAVE NO LIKING FOR HIM AT ALL. SO TEAM PUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates