Saturday, February 4, 2012

This Week's Gossip #10

 Extra! Extra!

CALLING ALL AUSSIE READERS: Simon & Schuster AU have a challenge for you. Read Everneath by Brodi Ashton, film a video review, upload it to www.everneath.com.au and you will go into the draw to win a $250 voucher to the bookstore of YOUR CHOICE or Westfield or JB Hi-Fi! Whoa! How amazing is that? And if you're camera shy (like me *hides*), then why not dress your pet in red and do a voice over as suggested by the always amazing Caroline at S&S? That would be hilarious. Be fun! Be creative! Do something to stand out and you could walk away $250 richer in books :)



Love Hunting Lila? Or just want a taste of the awesomeness that is Sarah Alderson? Well here's your chance - for FREE! Sarah has just released a short story from the POV of Suki, one of the kickass characters from Hunting Lila. For a limited time you can download this for free  at GIRLTANK just by nominating a young woman who is making change in the world! Girltank is an incredibly inspiring movement looking to find 10,000 young woman, social entrepreneurs, innovators and heroes in 100 days. What are you waiting for? Get your girl power on!






Want to win an ARC of the smokin' hot STORM by Brigid Kemmerer? Brigid is giving a copy away! Two, if she receives more than 50 entries. Um, so four hot guys who control the elements? How can you say no to that? Enter HERE!




 
February has started! And you know what that means? It's the month of love! Lisa and I have already kicked things into action with our swoony posts and heart-stopping prizes. Check out the full detail of events HERE.

                                                                                                                                                                                                         
Eye Candy

 
The Peculiars by Maureen Dole Mcquerry              Nerve by Jeanne Ryan                 

                                                                                                                                                                                                         

 Tease Me


Author: Leah Giarratano
Publisher: Penguin Australia
Release Date: May 23rd 2012
Add it: Goodreads
A psychopath … an empath … a genius.
Three siblings who will save the world – or destroy it.

They know nothing of each other. They know nothing of the Telling.

But they'll need to learn fast if they're going to survive…

A gripping new series about a collision of worlds, the power of destiny, and the darkness in us all...

My thoughts: HOLY CRAP. Does this sound amazing or what? Five lines and a striking cover and already I'm frothing at the mouth for May to come!
____


Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Release Date: September 18th 2012
Publisher: Scholastic
Add it: Goodreads
Filled with mystery, romance, and the supernatural, The Raven Boys introduces readers to Richard “Dick” Campbell Gansey, III and Blue Sargent. Gansey has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more than that. He is on the hunt to find Glendower, a vanished Welsh king. Legend has it that the first person to find him will be granted a wish—either by seeing him open his eyes, or by cutting out his heart.

Blue Sargent, the daughter of the town psychic in Henrietta, Virginia, has been told for as long as she can remember that if she ever kisses her true love, he will die. But she is too practical to believe in things like true love. Her policy is to stay away from the rich boys at the prestigious Aglionby Academy. The boys there—known as Raven Boys—can only mean trouble. When Gansey and his Raven Boy friends come into her life, Blue realizes how true this is. She never thought her fortune would be a problem. But she was wrong.
My thoughts: Damn, Maggie Stiefvater. Will you ever write a book that sounds terrible? I think not. I AM SO EXCITED! The cover looks fantastic and how intriguing is the plot? Psychics, Welsh Kings, rich, sexy, mysterious Raven Boys... oh yeah. Bring on September.
____ 

Author: Richelle Mead
Release Date: June 19th 2012
Publisher: Penguin
Add it: Goodreads
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

Sydney would love to go to college, but instead, she’s been sent into hiding at a posh boarding school in Palm Springs, California–tasked with protecting Moroi princess Jill Dragomir from assassins who want to throw the Moroi court into civil war. Formerly in disgrace, Sydney is now praised for her loyalty and obedience, and held up as the model of an exemplary Alchemist.

But the closer she grows to Jill, Eddie, and especially Adrian, the more she finds herself questioning her age–old Alchemist beliefs, her idea of family, and the sense of what it means to truly belong. Her world becomes even more complicated when magical experiments show Sydney may hold the key to prevent becoming Strigoi—the fiercest vampires, the ones who don’t die. But it’s her fear of being just that—special, magical, powerful—that scares her more than anything. Equally daunting is her new romance with Brayden, a cute, brainy guy who seems to be her match in every way. Yet, as perfect as he seems, Sydney finds herself being drawn to someone else—someone forbidden to her.

When a shocking secret threatens to tear the vampire world apart, Sydney’s loyalties are suddenly tested more than ever before. She wonders how she's supposed to strike a balance between the principles and dogmas she's been taught, and what her instincts are now telling her.

Should she trust the Alchemists—or her heart?

My thoughts: WANT. NOW. But hold on.... what's this? My spirit bad boy has COMPETITION?! See, the book blogger Braiden is always trying to sneak his way into the hearts of the leading YA ladies and now he's half done it with BRAYDEN. But I'm sorry, I don't care how 'cute and brainy' he is... no one can live up to the with and charm of my Adrian Ivashkov. And okay, I'm getting way too hung up over the potential love triangle, but anyway, THE GOLDEN LILY!!! Sydney may hold the key to prevent becoming Strigoi? Interesting!!

                                                                                                                                                                                                          
Looking Ahead...

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by
2013 by Dial/Penguin
Strange things are happening in Violet's town....kids hunting monsters in cemeteries, girls fainting in old train tunnels, men cutting themselves in the town square. And it all started when a crooked-smiling boy named River showed up, wanting to rent the guesthouse behind the crumbing mansion on the sea, where Violet lives with her twin brother. Is River just a coffee-loving liar with a mysterious past? Or is he...something else? Violet's great-grandmother had warned her about the Devil, had talked about him often, as if he were a best friend, or an old lover. But she never told Violet that the Devil could be a pretty boy who takes naps with you in the sun and likes old movies and has a deep sense of vengeance.

Violet's already so knee-deep in love she can't see straight.

And that's just how River likes it.

Wrecked by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
2013 by Disney-Hyperion
Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen never should have met. She’s the socialite daughter of the richest man in the galaxy, and he’s a decorated soldier fighting back rebellions on newly terraformed planets. But when the vast luxury spaceliner they’re both traveling on crashes, they find themselves thrown together as the two sole survivors on an alien planet.

As they survive harsh conditions and dwindling supplies—not to mention each other—the two begin to uncover a mystery surrounding the abandoned planet that neither of them could have guessed.

The first in a trilogy, WRECKED sets into motion a series of timeless, standalone love stories that span galaxies—and are linked by their shared worlds and one mysterious enemy.
October 2012 by Simon & Schuster 
Poison Princess centers on 16-year-old Evangeline "Evie" Greene, a privileged teenager from Louisiana. When an apocalyptic event decimates her hometown, killing everyone she loves, Evie realizes the hallucinations she'd been having for the past year were actually visions of the future — and they're still happening. Fighting for her life and desperate for answers, she must turn to her wrong-side-of-the-bayou classmate: Jack Deveaux. As Jack and Evie race to find the source of her visions, they meet others who have gotten the same call. An ancient prophecy is being played out, and Evie is not the only one with special powers. A group of teens have been chosen to re-enact the ultimate battle between good and evil. But it's not always clear who is on which side … 


                                                                                                                                                                                                          

 The Big Screen

Viola Davies has been cast as the role of Amma in the Beautiful Creatures movie!! So exciting to see the first glimpse of the cast! I'm not sure if I've actually seen Viola in any movies, but she LOOKS the part and I cannot wait to see what she brings to the fierce role of Amma <3 Ethan, Lena, Link and Ridley casting next please? Filming is set to begin in April.




AND OMG YOU SAW THE HUNGER GAMES TRAILER, RIGHT? Well of course you did, but like me, you've been watching it over and over an over again, yes? So one more time won't hurt! Seriously, this looks beyond amazing. Katniss gets me with, "Whatever you do, don't let them starve!" and Cinna at the end with the Mockingjay pin and Oh My Peeta, is it March yet?!?! 




19 comments:

  1. Broooooodie *whines* you gotta stop doing this to me! No more room for more books and now I want moooore!
    How on EARTH did I not know Maggie has a new book coming out? Wait, I did, bit how did I not know it has a NAME? And Golden Lily! *cries* need nooooow! (random: my phone auto corrected 'nooooow' to 'BLOOOOD'. Oh, it knows me so well!)

    And ASDFGHJkL! Disharmony! Right? Eeee! So excited! Errr, is it bad I thought of you when I first read that first line? You know, 'A psychopath...' *runs away*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie blogged about it the other day! How did you miss the 7482 retweets on twitter?? http://maggiestiefvater.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/and-my-next-project-is.html

      LOL! Your phone is kinda psychic, I think. A vampire with a psychic phone, what's next? I also find it amusing you're whining for TGL now when YOU STILL NEED TO READ BLOODLINES! Hehe,

      OMG DISHARMONY SOUNDS AMAZING! AND IT'S AUSSIE! *fist pump* Funny you say that, Psychotic Sidekick, because I thought of YOU when I read it :P

      Delete
    2. I know, right? I even follow Maggie, and I didn't see ONE O___O

      And I'm whining for TGL, because I know what's coming. And I refuse to read it until I know I have it lined up and explanation for "...Dimitri Belikov."

      Mwaha! Oh, it can be 'our' book. Some people have a song? I say book. Wait... that sounds seriously creepy :S

      Delete
  2. AAAAAH! THE HUNGER GAMES!!!! WHY IS IT NOT MARCH ALREADY?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT IS A FREAKING GOOD QUESTION!!!! I saw some of the stills earlier from the Illustrated Movie Companion and OMG this wait is KILLING ME!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for The Raven Boys (the cover reminds me of the Blair Witch Project for some reason -- totally love)! YET ANOTHER MAGGIE BOOK FOR US TO ENJOY BRODIE! Anyway, I'm so happy Viola Davies was casted as Amma because after seeing her amazing performance in The Help film . . . I totally saw her as my Amma from then on. So I'm excited for that and I'm so SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited when the other day I watched the 2nd trailer for Hunger Games . . . talk about AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WORDS CAN'T EXPRESS MY EXCITEMENT FOR A NEW MAGGIE SERIES! Okay, maybe the caps lock can, but it's still not enough :D Oh! I've been hearing so much about The Help, I might have to check it out purely to see how awesome Viola is <3

      I KNOW. The movie just looks INCREDIBLE and while I'm craving arena footage, I'm really glad they're keeping the shock-factor of the deaths a surprise for us in March. NEXT MONTH!!!

      Delete
  4. I love the Hunger Games trailer. Cinna <3! The end gives me goosebumps. I can't wait for March to get here.

    The Raven Boys sounds amazing! Seriously amazing. I can't wait to read it.

    I haven't read Beautiful Creatures yet. I own the first two books so I better get to them soon. I like Viola Davies though!

    Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea sounds amazing! Already dying for 2013 releases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinna is utter perfection. I regret my initial concerns when I learnt Lenny was cast because it wasn't how I imagined Cinna in my mind. Now? He's the ONLY Cinna in my mind!

      Ooooh I can't wait to see what you think of Beautiful Creatures when you read it! I really enjoy the series and I think it has potential to be a great movie franchise.

      And OMG YES. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea is WHOA. And why am I already strangely attracted to River? Even though it sounds like he's the devil.... oh crap. I'm doomed haha.

      Delete
  5. LOL DRESS UP YOUR PET & DO A VOICE OVER! HAHAHAHAH You going to do that Brodie? ;)
    Eeeeee! I LOVE the cover of Catching Suki <333 But somehow the girl on the cover doesn't look too...badass :S
    Is it just me, or do you ALWAYS feature The Hunger Games on your Weekly Gossip posts? I SWEAR the last two times I read it, there was SOMETHING related to THG! (Not that I'm complaining, since I'm totally excited for the movie <3333)
    ASDUAOIUDSOIDUSAOI WHAT?!?!?!?! SYDNEY'S GOING TO HAVE A ROMANCE WITH BRAYDEN???? NOOOOOOOOOO! IT HAS GOT TO BE SYDNEY + ADRIAN!!!! (But I LOVE this sentence - "Sydney finds herself being drawn to someone else—someone forbidden to her".heheee... ADRIAN <3333 How can you NOT be drawn to him?)
    So incredibly excited for all those upcoming books <33 I WANT THEM NOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I wish - no pets! But I so want to see someone do it :D

      Erm... it's not like I'm obsessed with THG movie or anything *cough* It's just good timing! And my stalking for any news on the film, which I generally found something every week so I can't NOT post about it ;)

      This is just like in VA where the second love interest aka Adrian was introduced in the 2nd book! And we all know the second one doesn't get the girl, the 'forbidden' boy does (aka Dimitri). At least that's what I'm telling myself haha. SOOO excited for The Golden Lily!!

      Delete
  6. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    some books i want/ some covers i adore/ some not so far's that sound amazing and i can;t ,,,,,, wait for it .....brace your self . I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT 4 THE HUNGER GAMES. TARZAN YELL OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I take it you're just a TEESNY bit excited for the movie? :D Squee!!! I am so freaking excited! Every trailer, every new image, every piece of news I hear about the film is just perfect and fits my mind with how it should all play out <3

      Delete
  7. AHHHHHHHHHH I JUST WATCHED THE TRAILER AND I STARTED CRYING AS SOON AS I SAW THE MOCKINGJAY PIN! Could be because I'm a little over emotional this week, but AHHHHHH!
    AND RAVEN BOYS? How did I not even know she was bringing out a new book! Ahhh! Weeeee! Still have to read Scorpio Races!! OH MY GODDD.

    I love the cover for The Peculiars and pretty sure I NEED DISHARMONY!

    Much loveeee <3<3<3

    PS-I'm actually shaking with excitement for Hunger Games now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW, RIGHT?! And I love at the end when Cinna pins the Mockingjay on her and tells her to shhhhhhh. And oh my god. When she tells Gale not to let her family starve *SOB* Seriously, I'm going to be crying my eyes out in the cinema. I don't even want to think of the mess I'll be in when Rue dies ;(

      Eeee, you need to read The Scorpio Races asap! So amazing <3 I'm crazy excited we have another Maggie novel to look forward to this year.

      Delete
  8. I've done a book review video for, Everneath, but I haven't sent it yet. I hate the camera, and my darn voice, I really want another way of doing the video. If only my dog would stay still. I want to enter but am not sure about the video I've made. I want someone to reassure me that it's fine, other than my mother, as all mums are going to tell you it's great whatever you do, even if it sucks.

    Oh, my. Hadn't see the new clip for The Hunger Games yet. Thanks for sharing!! Now I'm to send the link to my friend who after reading the first book told her to read it! :) Now were in love together. Also last weekend, I saw Josh Hutcherson in Journey 2 and it was great. Go see it just to Josh on screen. I almost screamed in dissapointment when he took off his shirt but of course the cameras didn't get any off him while shirtless did they. What a tease.

    Also read and loved, Catching Suki!! :) Cannot wait for Losing Lila!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just so you know, I added all of those books to my to-read shelf on Goodreads. Thanks :P. And the new trailer! Ahhh! So excited for the movie, it's unreal. Thanks for sharing all of this with us! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hunger Games is going to be EPIC! I can't wait!

    I also can't wait for The Golden Lily!

    The Muggle
    -If you have a moment please nominate your favorite cover here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goshgoshgoshgoshgoshgoshgoshgoshgoshgoshgoshgoshgoshhhhhhh!!!!!! I don't think I should read your blog and expect anything less than epicness ever again, Brodie -- almost everything on your post has me giddy with excitement!! I squealed when I got the news that Maggie was writing another series because she is a lyrical GODDESS, and I can't believe I haven't seen the second Hunger Games trailer yet! I will never doubt the skills of Jennifer Lawrence ever again. She's going to make an amazing Katniss!

    And I just read Catching Suki last night and thought it was so epically adorable! It made me love Suki even more and be THAT much more excited for Losing Lila! Plus, as a Team Adrian girl from the very beginning, I can't wait for The Golden Lily either! x)

    Thanks so much for posting this, Brodie!! :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates