Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentine's Blog Event: Character Interview - Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder


Brace yourselves, dear readers... today we have a double dosage of the one of the most talented fantasy writers of the 21st Century. You know who I'm talking about - Maria V Snyder!! Not only is she sharing an exclusive deleted scene from Magic Study over on Lisa's blog today, but she may be a friend of a they-live-in-my-mind friend of Avry and Kerrick from Touch of Power, so she was able to score us an exclusive interview with this badass duo! If you haven't read Touch of Power or Maria's other series like Poison Study or Insiders, then seriously, go make them your hot date for this month. They're such a worthy Valentine!

Kerrick, what were your initial thoughts about Avry after you kidnapped her?
Kerrick: I wouldn’t call it kidnapping. We rescued her from being executed. At first, I wasn’t sure what to think about her. She’d been such an elusive prey, that I knew she was smart. But after a few days, she turned stubborn and exasperating.

Avry, do you forgive Kerrick for being such a jerk when you first met?
Avry: It took me awhile. I understand why he acted as he did – he had been searching for a healer for two years and having no luck and then I refuse to help him out. Plus I insulted his good friend. Still… it took a long time, but I did forgive him.

At what moment did you realize you were falling in love
Avry: Not until I was at Tohon’s castle. I actually missed him and realized my feelings went deeper.
Kerrick: When she healed Belen and saved his life. That act and the pain she endured…I was awed.
Avry: You didn’t act like it. You seemed angry.
Kerrick: Of course I was angry! You disobeyed a direct order.
Avry: There was no way I wasn’t healing Belen!

If you had met in friendlier circumstances, do you think you would have still fallen for each other?
Avry: I don’t know. The more time we spent together, the deeper the connection. We saw each other at our best and -
Kerrick: - and our worst. If she can love me after all that, then I know it’s real.

What do you admire most about one another?
Avry: His loyalty and being willing to help the Fifteen Realms reform.
Kerrick: That she’s willing to sacrifice her life for others. That’s impressive.

What would people be shocked to know about your partner?
Avry: I don’t know. This is all so new, we’re still discovering things about each other.

In your group of friends, who's your favourite and why?
Both: Belen.
Avry: He’s Poppa Bear!
Kerrick: He’s been with me since I was a baby. He’s my big brother in all ways but one, and he always has my back. I trust him implicitly.

If you could be granted one wish, what would it be?
Both: For Tohon to be defeated and for the Fifteen Realms to return to normal.

What are your thoughts on love, now that you've experienced it?
Kerrick: It’s a pain in the a—
Avry punches him in the arm.
Kerrick: What I meant is that it’s more complicated than anything else. I want to protect Avry and keep her safe, but I can’t. We’re on the brink of war and she’s needed. I can’t be selfish.
Avry: It’s hard, but wonderful at the same time.

What memory of each other will you always keep from your journey together?
Avry and Kerrick glance at each other and smile.
Both: The time we spent together in the cave before… well, you know.




Thanks for stopping by, Kerrick and Avry! And Maria, we're forever in debt for you putting in a good word for us with these two. I must agree with them, I absolutely ADORE Poppa Bear! <3 And uuhh... those cave scenes? *wiggles eyebrows* I quite enjoyed them too :D


L

Ooh what's that? A mystery letter you'll need for the Scavenger Hunt!

Full schedule of events can be found HERE. Just by commenting on this post (and filling out the form on the Intro page) you can win some HOT prize packs!

33 comments:

  1. This just furthers my love for Avery and Kerrick!!! Aaahh I love character interviews and this was brilliant!!!
    Pavan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful character interview. I loved this book and Poppa Bear is a fave of mine. He's just an awesome friend. Love the way Avry and Kerrick play off each other in this interview!!

    MIchelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeee, love the interview. Kerrick and Avery are so amusing, hehe! Like Pavan said this has totally furthered my love for them. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, such a great interview, thank you for that! :D I recently got the book and I have yet to read it, but this is making me impatient. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man this is an awesome character interview. <3 I adore Maria V. Synder and though I haven't read this book yet, I know that it is supposed to be just as awesome as all her other books. Avery and Kerrick sound like such awesome character it's just making me waaaaaay to eager to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Squee!!! That just made my day. Well. Technically my night seeing as I'm reading it at 11pm, but yeeee!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 Avery and Kerrick are such a cute couple--Jess needs to keep her grubby hands off him, but I may, may let Avery have Kerrick if I'm feeling generous simply because they're so dynamic together!! I simply adored that interview!! Thank you both and Maria for sharing it!!! <3 i

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant interview! Avery and Kerrick . . . such sweethearts! They make a great couple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished reading the book, and this interview proves to be an extra incentive! :)

    http://the-bookaholics.blogspot.com/2012/02/touch-of-power.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. First off, I love your blog header. It really is beautiful. Secondly, this interview was amazing. I always wanted to do a character interview. They look so fun. New follower because I love your blog.

    Jennifer @ Reading and Writing Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome interview! I am so looking forward to reading this book! Too many books, not enough time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute interview, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm really looking forward to this book. I just adore Snyder's writing style. Definitely one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome interview! I really want to check out this book! Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice! I liked the interview. I think I will read this book ASAP :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This interview makes me really dying to read Touch of Power. And I feel guilty I haven't read it, lol. ME LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS INTERVIEW <3 Thank you for sharing this with us, Brodie! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. This makes me so HAPPY! :D Aww, I love Maria's characters. Why are they all so wonderful?? It's nice to see that things between Kerrick and Avry are still going well... I wonder what arguments are to come in the next books.

    (I've missed posts! Sorry! My Internet hates me - it was out AGAIN although this time along with my TV and phone.)

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  17. AWW! I love character interviews. This one was the best one yet. :D I really need to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww you guys are so cute! And not to sound like a stalker but... I rather enjoyed the scene's in the cave quiiiiite alot too! ;) Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  19. *cries* I spent half an hour trying to comment on this yesterday, but my stupid computer wasn't cooperating.

    This is SO SWEET! Avry and Kerrick = SO CUTE!
    Eeeee, and Poppa Bear! ♥♥♥

    I know this is the most boring comment ever, but my brain has turned to gooey happy-place mush after reading this (again) XD

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a good read, I'm bumping these up on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I seriously NEED to read Maria's books, ALL of them :) Thank you so much for brining us this fab character interview!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awww. I love seeing more of Kerrick's feelings. They're just so cute together!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun interview! Love the last question.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh, WHY HAVE I NOT READ ANY MARIA V. SNYDER BEFORE? I keep seeing so many amazing things about her and that interview seriously made me have a grin on my face, but for some reason I haven't read any of her books before! That's so crazy since Avry sounds exactly like my kind of heroine! x)

    Love love LOVE this character interview! <3 Thank you so much for reminding me that MVS needs to go on my reading priority list, Brodie! I'm excited to read her books all over again (can that be called re-excited? LOL!)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I need to read this soon!! Seems like Maria's characters have a hate-then-love relationship a lot, and I love that kind. Really cute character interview!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG, I love this interview... Makes me want to re-read the entire book right away. *sigh* I miss them! Give me the sequel nowww.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I don't know who Belen is but he sounds like a fantastic character. "Poppa bear"?! Ooh I'm curious about the memory now which means I should get to reading the books, huh? Thanks for the great interview! :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'll always love this book by Maria Snyder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great character interview. i can't wait to read this book

    thanks you a lot

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, oh, I don't know...in answer to that last question, haha! Must, must, must read! I'm so intrigued to learn more about these two, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great interview! These two have great chemistry together. I need to read this series!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Now why why why haven't I read this yet? I couldn't relate to the interview at all! :( No worries, I'll be back once I have! :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. They are such a cute playful couple! I'm definitely going to read this soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates