Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's Blog Event: Character Interview - The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen

What Valentine's event would be complete without a touch of France? It is home to one of the most romantic languages afterall and have you seen the gorgeous Paris?! Plus, we all know they breed those French boys well :) Today I have the pleasure of welcoming Ella and Alex from Melissa Jensen's upcoming novel, THE FINE ART OF TRUTH OR DARE.

Our boy of the moment just happens to be Ella's French tutor. And to seal the deal, they embark on a forbidden romance! Is that a winning formula or not? Are you clambouring to grab yourself a copy already? I know I am. But to give you even more reason, read on for their adorable interview below!
Character Interview - Ella and Alex 

What is it like to fall in love with someone so different to you?
Ella: He's a rich boy. He has everything he could possibly want. I mean, I know it's not his fault, but he doesn't know what it's like to have to do things you don't really want to do...or not do things you really want to do. Or even to just want stuff. That makes us so different.
Alex: I get it. I get that she thinks money is everything. Honestly, I don't think we're as different as she thinks we are. I don't think I'm that guy she thinks I am. I just have no idea how to get her to see that. Any suggestions?

How do you both feel about your secret relationship? Are you afraid that it might all come crumbling down one day?
Ella: I hate it. I hate that he doesn't want people to know...but he wants it that way and I...I want him.
Alex: People have their reasons, right? For wanting to keep certain things to themselves. I guess you just have to trust them that they're good reasons. I want to be with Ella, but it's so freakin' complicated. So I keep it secret.

Can you share an embarrassing moment you've had in front of your partner?
Ella: Just about every moment has been mortifying. The way we met. When I tried to recite that poem. When he thought I was peeping at him. Every single time his friends talk to me...
Alex: Oh, man. I'd barely met her when we had one of those big "I'm sorry" moments. It sucked.

What do you love most about each other?
Ella: He's smart and funny and so cute, and he's actually a really really decent person. And then there's the mermaid...
Alex: Really? I'm a guy. And I'm seventeen. Next question?

Can you tell us about how you first met? Were there instant sparks?
Ella: We'd gone to school together for two years. I knew exactly who he was (everyone at Willing knows exactly who Alex Bainbridge is), but we never spoke until I found a book he'd lost and returned it to him. Sparks? No. He called me "Freddie". Like "Krueger".
Alex: I kinda knew who she was, but that day was a little weird. She was standing behind my chair, not saying anything. I didn't know she was there and banged into her when I got up. Then there was that poem thing. Painful. Not the most auspicious of beginnings.

What’s the most romantic thing you've done for each other?
Ella: Oh, I'm not sure I want to share that. Not yet anyway. But I will say the ocean was involved in a big way.
Alex: Um. Guy?

Since you're a secret couple, how will you spend Valentine's Day?
Ella: Dream? At the art museum, in the Japanese exhibits. Or walking through the giant heart at the Franklin Institute. Maybe sushi. He really really likes sushi.
Alex: Um...

What's the most important thing you've learnt in your French lessons, Ella? Alex, can you say something in French for us? *bats eyelashes*
Ella: The most important thing I've learned? That whoever said Italian is the most romantic language was probably Italian.
Alex: Avec plaisir, mademoiselle. Ecoutez. Ces mots sont tres important...Ella est precieuse. Je le sais.

Yes, as I'm sure some of you have already done, Lisa and I scrambled for Google Translator when we read that last line from Alex! Awwww so sweet! He may claim to be a typical 'guy' with the romantic stuff, but there's no denying his inner sweetheart :) Google says this translate in English to:

"With pleasure, miss. Listen. These words are very important ... Ella is precious. I know."

If one forbidden romance wasn't enough, then check out the character interview with Leah and Porter from Kiss Crush Collide on Lisa's blog!

Full schedule of events can be found HERE.
Fill out the Comment Form and every comment you make earns entries into the yummy prize packs!

30 comments:

  1. EEEEEEEEEE!!! I WAS ALREEADY SSOOO EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK BUT NOW I THINK I MIGHT DIE IF I DONT READ IT IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMG Ella and Alex are SOOOOOOOO Sweet together! <3 Awww...he likes SUSHI? I LIKE SUSHI TOOO<333 Must be fate!;D pftttt you sure Google Tanslator is reliable? LOL But I'll take your word for it! Awwwww x1000000 'Ella is precious' SOOO ADORABLE! BRODIE! I'll hold you responsible if I die from IMPATIENCE. I WANT THIS NOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, totally loving how your "aww...he' came up as a URL. XD WHOOPS.

      *raises hand in air* I TOOK FRENCH FOR FOUR YEARS! Google translator is accurate. ;)

      Delete
    2. YOU WHAT?!?!?!? 4 YEARS?!? CAN I HIRE YOU TO BE MY FRENCH TUTOR? hahaa, I learnt French for one and a half years, and then quit :S

      Delete
    3. LOL yes for FOUR YEARS (unfortunately!). It was compulsory from Year 7 to Year 10, but then I quit. (THANK GOD)

      SURE I CAN BE YOUR TUTOR. XD But I'll have most likely forgotten quite a few things by now hahahaha.

      Delete
  2. I want to read this book LIKE A LOT! I think the blurb in Goodreads says Pretty in Pink meets Anna & the French Kiss and you know how I LOVE Anna! I NEED TO READ THIS BOOK NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS! Thank you for sharing this lovely character interview, Brodie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG OMG OMG this is making me SO EXCITED for the book! Ahhhhh! Alex and Ella are so adorable! Looking forward to reading how their relationship pans out, especially with Alex trying to keep things a secret from everyone else. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I think my quest to find the perfect book to take with me to Paris in April is over! Sounds very sweet and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited to read this book. Pretty in Pink meets Anna and the French Kiss . . . soooooooooooooooooooooooo THERE! Great character interview!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait to read this book! I love the cover! :-D And Alex totally won me over with the French then...thanks for the translation, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, this book sounds sooo sweet! I really want to read it now! Need to! And the cover is gorgeous! Thanks, Brodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for this book! I love how they're playing with the reader's curiousity with that cover. :D Thanks for the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alex better have some really good reasons for keeping their relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alex is definitely in my sights now!! Definitely really looking forward to this book. Loved the character interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. AHH I love this book + I love them so I was super super excited to see this pop up! This made me smile all over my face, much like the book. Ella's Valentine's Day sounds PERFECT. Also, French will never ever not be the greatest. Still kicking myself at being so inept in it. Love this interview! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im dying for this. I have it pre-ordered and I can't wait till it arrives. I'm looking forward to Alex making me swoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, that last line redeamed him. :D I have to say, some of Alex's answers were stetchy. Really? "I'm a guy." Bullcrap. Honestly, if you can't really give an answer to that, why be in a relationship? But I still support it, and I can't wait to read the book. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh, ALEX. <3 Je t'adore! (What is it with amazing book boys and that name anyways? Hunting Lila Alex, Delirium Alex, and now The Fine Art of Truth or Dare Alex LOL!) And I love how perfectly imperfect their relationship sounds because that always makes it seem so much more realistic. It's those sweet imperfections that make me smile! :)

    Sweet, sweet, SUPER-SWEET interview, Brodie!! This V-Day week is getting better and better! ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. That's such a good point! All them Alexs. XD XD I think it's a sign. Want your male character to be freaking amazing? CALL. HIM. ALEX!

      Delete
  15. Ohhhhh, I love forbidden romance!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want this book so bad! And this interview just made me want it more. Can't wait until it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The book was interesting enough before, but now, with this interview it got even more interesting. When are all this great books finally coming to my country as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww,how sweet! And he speaks French? Perfect guy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lol, Alex isn't the most talkative of people, is he? :P Both characters sound great though - I have this pre-ordered and can't wait to read it! So excited, seriously. Thanks for the awesome post :).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahhh this is so amazing! I can't wait for this!! That last line in French completely sold me on the fact that I need to read it as soon as it's released <3 Fantastic post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oho... Now this interview definitely have me curious about the book. ;o And I love the last French line!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww, that's so cute! Forbidden romance? In France? Count me in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ngaw, haha the 'french' translate i got from google translator was cute. I hope it was the right translation though :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've been looking forward to this book and I'm sad to hear you can feel the size of it.
    It sounds like one of those movies that would be better if they took out 20 minutes, LOL

    Thanks for the review though, I'm going to keep it on the wish list.
    Best Search Engine Optimization Seattle visit site

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Eleusinian Mysteries Copyright © 2012 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates